The last space shuttle flight: Yeah..I am furious.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
This is hard to watch..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A--EWoLSBGs&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Goodbye Space Shuttle - Tribute‬‏[/ame]

We choose to go to the moon, Not because it is easy..but because it is hard.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuW4oGKzVKc]YouTube - ‪John F. Kennedy Moon Landing Speech - Rice Stadium 1962‬‏[/ame]

What the fuck happened?

I remember a baseball quote: No ONE person lost this game, we all had a part in it, it was a real team effort.

Space exploration faces apathy from both sides of the aisle. Progressives see it as money better spent on social programs. Conservatives usually support space exploration, but distrust NASA over its link to AGW science, and some see private industry as a better way to go. Add in a general disinterest from the public, and we get where we are now.

Both sides have seen it as a bludgeon to use against the incubmbent administrations recently. Remember all the grief GWB got over his proposals for the Constellation projects? Well that is coming home to roost. Obama has supported the current Orion system, but that support came too late (not his fault actually) to bridge the gap between the end of the shuttle and the launching of the new system.

One thing I do fault Obama (or at least his advisors on) is this whole privatization thing. It was, to me, purely a talking point, made to make conservatives look bad by making them look like supporters of "big government" when they were opposed to it, and supporters of continued funding of NASA's manned missions.

This should not be a partisan thing at all.

It's very simple. We have to do this.

Not because it is easy..but because it is hard. Humans need to be challenged and constantly.

Not because it is easy..but because it is hard. Humans need to be challenged and constantly.

Since its a government agency, politics become a factor. Alot of social progressives can't stand the space program, seeing it as a giant waste of money. This has been going on Since the 70's.

You think it's hard for you to watch, imagine a place that has worked on every flight, from training of the astronauts to the direction and control of every launch and recovery, a place that is home to most of the former astronauts and their families along with the widows of those whose lives were lost.......... imagine that the people in charge have decided not to give one of the few remaining shuttles to the museum that has displays of all of the many rockets that have been launched from Cape Canaveral. Instead they have decide to put one a mere 200 miles from another at our nations capital and National Air and Space museum, they've decided to place it in a waterfront setting next to an aircraft carrier in fucking New York City where some asshole gang shit will probably graffiti al over it......... that is a reason to be seriously pissed. Fuck that asswipe Obama, fuck Charles F. Bolden Jr, the guy he put in charge NASA (because he is black, obviously) and FUCK New York City!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Since its a government agency, politics become a factor. Alot of social progressives can't stand the space program, seeing it as a giant waste of money. This has been going on Since the 70's.

You're mixing me up with a "social progressive". I am a Liberal. I like progress. Not foot dragging.

War is a gigantic waste of money. Science and exploration are an investment.

You think it's hard for you to watch, imagine a place that has worked on every flight, from training of the astronauts to the direction and control of every launch and recovery, a place that is home to most of the former astronauts and their families along with the widows of those whose lives were lost.......... imagine that the people in charge have decided not to give one of the few remaining shuttles to the museum that has displays of all of the many rockets that have been launched from Cape Canaveral. Instead they have decide to put one a mere 200 miles from another at our nations capital and National Air and Space museum, they've decided to place it in a waterfront setting next to an aircraft carrier in fucking New York City where some asshole gang shit will probably graffiti al over it......... that is a reason to be seriously pissed. Fuck that asswipe Obama, fuck Charles F. Bolden Jr, the guy he put in charge NASA (because he is black, obviously) and FUCK New York City!

Well up until your last bit..I would have agreed with you.

And as for "graffiti", be sure to visit the Interpid next time you are in town.

Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum | New York City

Pretty awesome.

No Graffiti.

You're mixing me up with a "social progressive". I am a Liberal. I like progress. Not foot dragging.

War is a gigantic waste of money. Science and exploration are an investment.

Wasn't including you in the group, just pointing out a part of your side of the aisle that doesn't agree with you.

Well up until your last bit..I would have agreed with you.

And as for "graffiti", be sure to visit the Interpid next time you are in town.

Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum | New York City

Pretty awesome.

No Graffiti.

Also we are getting Enterprise, which has no engines, has never been into space, and is basically an aerodynamic test model.

Go complain to the places that got a real one.

Well, at least NASA is more Muslim friendly.

So that makes 2 Big Science Projects the Dems killed: The Space Shuttle and the Superconducting Supercollider.

Nice work, fellas!

Last edited:

So that makes 2 Big Science Projects the Dens killed: The Space Shuttle and the Superconducting Supercollider.

Nice work, fellas!

Yep..I am furious over that. And to closing the idea that we should have a moon base.

It's incredible.

We choose to go to the moon, Not because it is easy..but because it is hard.

YouTube - ‪John F. Kennedy Moon Landing Speech - Rice Stadium 1962‬‏

What the fuck happened?

We decided instead to give $billions to foreign governments, spend $billions on un-needed and unwanted military hardware, to fund the United Nations, to look past outrageous multi-$billion annual entitlement fraud, spent $100's millions on airports no one needs, bridges to nowhere....shall I go on?

You think it's hard for you to watch, imagine a place that has worked on every flight, from training of the astronauts to the direction and control of every launch and recovery, a place that is home to most of the former astronauts and their families along with the widows of those whose lives were lost..........
OH!!

You mean Florida?!
:razz:

Thousands of the brightest minds in the world out of work.
Just so NASA can concentrate more on embracing the Muslim cultures.

No agenda here, folks. Keep the line moving
:eusa_whistle:

Also Sallow...keep in mind Obama said specifically to the NASA administrator he wanted NASA to focus on becoming more "earth" oriented.
In an interview Mr. Bolton said in the very first meeting he had with the President he made two things clear...reach out to the Muslim nations and make them feel more a part of science programs and secondly to expand international relationships.

Obama is not interested in NASA...yesterday is a monumental sign of that disinterest.

Last edited:
If you want to blame someone.....look around

Americans quickly lost interest in the Apollo program after Apollo 11. I can still name most of the Mercury/Gemini astronauts. They were like baseball stars to me. How many can name one astronaut today?

The shuttle was boring, a space truck. Other than Challenger and Columbia disasters, nobody cared. Send a teacher to space, send a Japanese/Muslim/Retired Senator-Astronaut...all gimmicks

We had rovers on Mars for two years.......Nobody cared

So that makes 2 Big Science Projects the Dens killed: The Space Shuttle and the Superconducting Supercollider.

Nice work, fellas!

Yep..I am furious over that. And to closing the idea that we should have a moon base.

It's incredible.

Back when I was going to be a scientist when I grew up, I said that we should have a robust set of instruments on the Moon: telescopes, radio antenna base, all sorts of meters. The radio base could be set up to make the distance between the Earth and Moon a large receiver.

And to this day I still don't understand why the SCSC was cancelled

Americans quickly lost interest in the Apollo program after Apollo 11. I can still name most of the Mercury/Gemini astronauts. They were like baseball stars to me. How many can name one astronaut today?

The shuttle was boring, a space truck. Other than Challenger and Columbia disasters, nobody cared. Send a teacher to space, send a Japanese/Muslim/Retired Senator-Astronaut...all gimmicks

OM MY GOD....people mark the calendar!!!! :eek:

Rightwinger just blamed someone other than Bush for a problem.
:dance:

Want to blame Bush? Let's blame both of them

Neither Bush proposed or funded a replacement for the Shuttle

Want to blame Bush? Let's blame both of them

Neither Bush proposed or funded a replacement for the Shuttle

Wait,,,did you just insinuate that Obama is at fault for something also???

That's it...ok folks...it's obvious, someone has hacked rightwingers account.

Forum List

Back