The Knuckledraggers on MSLSD

Our political environment is absolutely drenched in lies. Our "journalistic" environment is absolutely drenched in lies. Does anyone see a potential problem with that? I do.

Yes....I do. That's why we need legislation to watchdog these bullshit artists...call it "the truth in broadcasting act" or something. What does that mean for people like Hannity and Maddow, who make their living giving extremely skewed opinion? Oh....I suppose they can keep their jobs....with a disclaimer that their programs are strictly opinion and that those opinions are not necessarily based on truth.....same with the radio....these disclaimers would be aired after every commercial break.

That takes care of the journalistic environment.....the political environment is a tougher nut to crack....especially with the Citizen's United ruling. Any suggestions?

Intellectual honesty can't be legislated, especially with the advent of the internet. I think the only way it can be done is by culturally marginalizing the liars. Until we decide that we're not going to support people like Hannity and Maddow and partisan bullshit rhetoric in general, this won't stop.

The press has to decide it's not going to let politicians from either party get away with a lie and then just move on to the next question. The sheep who do nothing but repeat what they see and hear from the partisan blabbers have to be called out.

I wish I had a better, quicker answer. I think America's problems all have roots in our decaying culture, and that takes a while to change, no doubt. There's no time like the present.

The problem is...those broadcasters make good money being partisan hacks. They also get a cultive following from people who are already politically aligned with that drivel and refuse to believe that what they are saying is anything but the God's honest truth.....So, good money plus a loyal audience....where's their motivation to stop?

How about this? Allow the people they scandalize and slanderize to sue the piss out of them.....same with political ads.

Romney has promised to cut everyone's taxes by 20%. At least that's one of his positions on the issue.

Question:

With half of American households already paying NO federal income taxes, and conservatives complaining about that constantly,

how many more households would go into the no-tax category if a 20% across the board cut were implemented?

Remember when conservatives around here used to constantly mock MSNBC, saying that nobody watched it?

Have you noticed now all the conservative threads every day talking about something they saw on MSNBC?

Yes, we know Romney's plan already. Cut the taxes on the rich, raise them on the middle class and working poor, and blame the Second Great Republican Depression on President Obama.

We saw from 2001 to 2009 the kind of growth that GOP policies create. Jan, 2009, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. And the economy was in freefall. Elect the Romney-Ryan ticket, and see a repeat in only four years.

You fail to recognize that other than a setback caused by 9/11, the Bush economy was pretty damned good until nancy pelosi and harry reid took over in Congress.

Romney has promised to cut everyone's taxes by 20%. At least that's one of his positions on the issue.

Question:

With half of American households already paying NO federal income taxes, and conservatives complaining about that constantly,

how many more households would go into the no-tax category if a 20% across the board cut were implemented?

No, he called for a 20% cut to marginal tax rates for all income brackets. completely different.

For example, Americans in the lowest bracket would pay 8% instead of 10%. Americans closer to the middle would pay 20% instead of 25%. The current top rate paid on income would go from 35% to 28%.

You should educate yourself on Romney before you spout off more lies.

Remember when conservatives around here used to constantly mock MSNBC, saying that nobody watched it?

Have you noticed now all the conservative threads every day talking about something they saw on MSNBC?

Why not ask the question why? DOH! Maybe because this week is the DNC and people want to see what DEMS are saying on on DEM controlled network. Gee, let's see. If I want to hear what DEMS are saying...I'll go to..... FOX.????

Now complain about how many threads I started today... then post on every fucking one of them.:razz:

:lol::lol:

If I had to pick the biggest hypocritical asshole on this board...it's hands down...YOU!

Last edited:
I would think MSNBC gets a bit of a ratings blip during both conventions. Last week folks like me tuned in to see how they were skewing things. For example, plenty of complaints about how white the attendees were but then not airing minority speakers. Why would they do such a thing other than it fits their political agenda to do so?

I'll watch more of them this week too...for the same reason as last week.

Ah yes, reform entitlements. Just say it out loud. Cut MediCare, MediAid, and Social Security so that more money can go to the already very wealthy. Cut education and science funding so we can achieve third world status in my lifetime. And throw ever more money to the military industrial complex.

No abortions for women, no matter what the circumstances. And back to the gold standard. Let's go back to 1910, start the first World War all over again. No social safety net, if you lose a good paying job, well, we have plenty of jobs that pay 50 cents an hour for you. Yes, the GOP has developed into a real knuckle dragging bunch of social darwinists, religious social darwinists.

Do you ever read news from anything other than Liberal blogs? You have all the Progressive talking points down pat. The trouble is what you think you know is nothing more than a distortion of the truth.

I would think MSNBC gets a bit of a ratings blip during both conventions. Last week folks like me tuned in to see how they were skewing things. For example, plenty of complaints about how white the attendees were but then not airing minority speakers. Why would they do such a thing other than it fits their political agenda to do so?

I'll watch more of them this week too...for the same reason as last week.

NY Carbonara doesn't get it. He just needs to throw digs all day long and count how many threads I start and then he shows up on every one of them.

He thinks that I'm as stupid as he is and I didn't know who that comment was aimed at.

He probably watches FOX to see what Dems have to say.:D

Last edited:

Question:

No, he called for a 20% cut to marginal tax rates for all income brackets. completely different.

For example, Americans in the lowest bracket would pay 8% instead of 10%. Americans closer to the middle would pay 20% instead of 25%. The current top rate paid on income would go from 35% to 28%.

That would require doing their own research, it's so much easier to listen to the news junkies spewing lie after lie then repeating that lie on every other news station.

Quit expecting them to be personally responsible. The left gave that up long ago, it's the government and the liberal MSMs job to tell them what is.

Yes, we know Romney's plan already. Cut the taxes on the rich, raise them on the middle class and working poor, and blame the Second Great Republican Depression on President Obama.

We saw from 2001 to 2009 the kind of growth that GOP policies create. Jan, 2009, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. And the economy was in freefall. Elect the Romney-Ryan ticket, and see a repeat in only four years.

you obviously did not bother to read anything at the linked PDF.
You seem to prefer to spout DNC talking points. Please, continue. You simply prove what we've all suspected for some time... that you're a fool.

Not at all. I simply observed all the nice points that the GOP has talked up in the last 20 years, and then what their actions were, and what the results of those actions were.

We damned had the Second Great Republican Depression as a result of just such policies. Fools are the people that believe that re-implementation of the policies will lead to a differant result.

And look at the inspiring planks in the GOP platform.

Return to the Gold Standard. Come on, do you really believe in this shit?

No abortion for a woman or girl, no matter what the circumstances. Rules made by old white men with shriveled souls.
When I read posts by idiots like you, I'm shocked to find myself leaning towards mandatory, government funded abortions for Liberals.
The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that I was a Lib in my youth.
Thank God I recovered.
There may be hope for you, but only if you become objective.

you obviously did not bother to read anything at the linked PDF.
You seem to prefer to spout DNC talking points. Please, continue. You simply prove what we've all suspected for some time... that you're a fool.

Not at all. I simply observed all the nice points that the GOP has talked up in the last 20 years, and then what their actions were, and what the results of those actions were.

We damned had the Second Great Republican Depression as a result of just such policies. Fools are the people that believe that re-implementation of the policies will lead to a differant result.

No abortion for a woman or girl, no matter what the circumstances. Rules made by old white men with shriveled souls.
When I read posts by idiots like you, I'm shocked to find myself leaning towards mandatory, government funded abortions for Liberals.
Thank God I recovered.

This blue collar liberal is very objective. Don't even bother to tell me about your great ideas and ideologies. Show me where the policies you are pushing have been put into effect, how they worked, and for whom they worked.

Such as Health Care. 'Conservatives' state that the market does a much better job than the type of health care systems in the other industrial nations. So, what are the results of our market system?

We pay double per citizen for our health care, and do not cover all of our citizens. We have a lower longevity and a far higher infant mortality than the nations with universal health care. But our CEO's of the health care insurance companies and hospitals are very rich. And, if you steal a few billion from MediCare, like Rick Scott, you might get to be a governor of large state.

Our political environment is absolutely drenched in lies. Our "journalistic" environment is absolutely drenched in lies. Does anyone see a potential problem with that? I do.

Yes....I do. That's why we need legislation to watchdog these bullshit artists...call it "the truth in broadcasting act" or something. What does that mean for people like Hannity and Maddow, who make their living giving extremely skewed opinion? Oh....I suppose they can keep their jobs....with a disclaimer that their programs are strictly opinion and that those opinions are not necessarily based on truth.....same with the radio....these disclaimers would be aired after every commercial break.

That takes care of the journalistic environment.....the political environment is a tougher nut to crack....especially with the Citizen's United ruling. Any suggestions?

Intellectual honesty can't be legislated, especially with the advent of the internet. I think the only way it can be done is by culturally marginalizing the liars. Until we decide that we're not going to support people like Hannity and Maddow and partisan bullshit rhetoric in general, this won't stop.

The press has to decide it's not going to let politicians from either party get away with a lie and then just move on to the next question. The sheep who do nothing but repeat what they see and hear from the partisan blabbers have to be called out.

I wish I had a better, quicker answer. I think America's problems all have roots in our decaying culture, and that takes a while to change, no doubt. There's no time like the present.

"Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not." - George Bernard Shaw

Yikes!!! Does the Kennedy Klan know Shaw stole Teddy's line?

"Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not." - George Bernard Shaw

Yikes!!! Does the Kennedy Klan know Shaw stole Teddy's line?

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” - George Bernard Shaw

“Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not.” - Robert Francis Kennedy

Question:

That would require doing their own research, it's so much easier to listen to the news junkies spewing lie after lie then repeating that lie on every other news station.

Quit expecting them to be personally responsible. The left gave that up long ago, it's the government and the liberal MSMs job to tell them what is.

i am less than surprised that the little pussbot has not responded to being called out on his lie. He never does.

The problem is...those broadcasters make good money being partisan hacks. They also get a cultive following from people who are already politically aligned with that drivel and refuse to believe that what they are saying is anything but the God's honest truth.....So, good money plus a loyal audience....where's their motivation to stop?

Yup, can't argue. I'd think that's another issue that needs to be addressed, and that advocacy journalism needs to be called out and ultimately marginalized.

This sure as hell can't be changed overnight, but it sure as hell needs to be changed.

i am less than surprised that the little pussbot has not responded to being called out on his lie. He never does.

If you mean NYCarbonara, he never does. He gets his ass handed to him then he comes back and slanders a person on unrelated issues. He was nailed by his own words three times last week, by people more well versed than I...each time he skulked away only to return in the middle of the night to bitch and complain.

Thank God I recovered.

This blue collar liberal is very objective. Don't even bother to tell me about your great ideas and ideologies. Show me where the policies you are pushing have been put into effect, how they worked, and for whom they worked.

Such as Health Care. 'Conservatives' state that the market does a much better job than the type of health care systems in the other industrial nations. So, what are the results of our market system?

We pay double per citizen for our health care, and do not cover all of our citizens. We have a lower longevity and a far higher infant mortality than the nations with universal health care. But our CEO's of the health care insurance companies and hospitals are very rich. And, if you steal a few billion from MediCare, like Rick Scott, you might get to be a governor of large state.

See. There you go with more liberal talking points.
In the US, infant mortality rate is calculated using every child that is born with a pulse and or muscle movement as a live birth no matter the gestational period. Most other countries only count children who survive 24 hours or are born at full turn as a live birth.
In addition, due to better prenatal care, more fetuses in the US survive to delivery.

Perhaps some independent reading from somewhere other than HuffPo would help. I suggest you start here:

See wikipedia

The infant mortality rate correlates very strongly with, and is among the best predictors of, state failure.[9] IMR is therefore also a useful indicator of a country's level of health or development, and is a component of the physical quality of life index. However, the method of calculating IMR often varies widely between countries, and is based on how they define a live birth and how many premature infants are born in the country. The World Health Organization (WHO) defines a live birth as any born human being who demonstrates independent signs of life, including breathing, voluntary muscle movement, or heartbeat. Many countries, however, including certain European states and Japan, only count as live births cases where an infant breathes at birth, which makes their reported IMR numbers somewhat lower and raises their rates of perinatal mortality.[10]

The exclusion of any high-risk infants from the denominator or numerator in reported IMRs can be problematic for comparisons. Many countries, including the United States, Sweden and Germany, count an infant exhibiting any sign of life as alive, no matter the month of gestation or the size, but according to United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC) researchers,[11] some other countries differ in these practices. All of the countries named adopted the WHO definitions in the late 1980s or early 1990s,[12] which are used throughout the European Union.[13] However, in 2009, the US CDC issued a report that stated that the American rates of infant mortality were affected by the United States' high rates of premature babies compared to European countries. It also outlined the differences in reporting requirements between the United States and Europe, noting that France, the Czech Republic, Ireland, the Netherlands, and Poland do not report all live births of babies under 500 g and/or 22 weeks of gestation.[11][14][dead link][15] The report concluded, however, that the differences in reporting are unlikely to be the primary explanation for the United States’ relatively low international ranking.[15]

Another well-documented example also illustrates this problem. Until the 1990s, Russia and the Soviet Union did not count, as a live birth or as an infant death, extremely premature infants (less than 1,000 g, less than 28 weeks gestational age, or less than 35 cm in length) that were born alive (breathed, had a heartbeat, or exhibited voluntary muscle movement) but failed to survive for at least seven days.[16] Although such extremely premature infants typically accounted for only about 0.5% of all live-born children, their exclusion from both the numerator and the denominator in the reported IMR led to an estimated 22%-25% lower reported IMR.[17] In some cases, too, perhaps because hospitals or regional health departments were held accountable for lowering the IMR in their catchment area, infant deaths that occurred in the 12th month were "transferred" statistically to the 13th month (i.e., the second year of life), and thus no longer classified as an infant death.[18]

Question:

If I pay 10% on a $100, I pay $10. If I pay 8% on $100, I pay $8.

Going from $10 to $8 is a 20% tax cut. 2/10th's is 20%.

If you're going to dodge the question, at least try to do it in a manner that is not retarded.

Forum List

Back