The Keys to the White House

you guys are still holding out hope that the economy will suck and americans will suffer. Really special group you are.

Strong possibility my ass.

actually, it's going by economic forecasts... And looking a little further than the view from your head up obama's ass, like you do.

No one 'wants' the economy to 'suck'.... Just that some of us are a tad more realistic about it... And we don't by into the bullshit from the administration. All it takes is for greece to go, and the whole of europe goes... And so does the us. And greece is looking very, very hinky. So are a few other countries there.

I don't think you've really thought hard about the issues... You've just credited obama because that suits you.

what forecasts?

you guys are still holding out hope that the economy will suck and americans will suffer. Really special group you are.

Strong possibility my ass.

actually, it's going by economic forecasts... And looking a little further than the view from your head up obama's ass, like you do.

No one 'wants' the economy to 'suck'.... Just that some of us are a tad more realistic about it... And we don't by into the bullshit from the administration. All it takes is for greece to go, and the whole of europe goes... And so does the us. And greece is looking very, very hinky. So are a few other countries there.

I don't think you've really thought hard about the issues... You've just credited obama because that suits you.

what forecasts?

Technically, to be in a recession you need three successive quarters of negative GDP growth. There are only three quarters left before the election. Given the positive economy of the last five months it is unlikely to reverse to a recession

I got 3 (1,6,8)

Looks good for reelection

8???? You call OWS sustained social unrest?

Just something unrelated that I thought priceless:

418240_387418247950858_247667498592601_1516144_1942369094_n.jpg

what forecasts?

Technically, to be in a recession you need three successive quarters of negative GDP growth. There are only two quarters left before the election. Given the positive economy of the last five months it is unlikely to reverse to a recession

"Technically" doesn't count in the minds of the average American.

I think if you were a partisan hack, you'd also say 6 is true and bang on about how it isn't really his fault and anybody with half a brain can see that. But, the statement is false, so that is the correct answer.

BTW, CG, as for number 5, you have to have a certain number of quarters in the negative before it becomes a recession....

Far too many people seem to be 'guy reacting' instead of critically analyzing the available information on each of the issues. Just my two cents.

what forecasts?

Technically, to be in a recession you need three successive quarters of negative GDP growth. There are only two quarters left before the election. Given the positive economy of the last five months it is unlikely to reverse to a recession

Your points don't ask about the minds of the average American. It asks 13 'yes' or 'no' questions.

Now you're second guessing you're own link, which you seemed pretty excited about when you first posted it?

I think if you were a partisan hack, you'd also say 6 is true and bang on about how it isn't really his fault and anybody with half a brain can see that. But, the statement is false, so that is the correct answer.

BTW, CG, as for number 5, you have to have a certain number of quarters in the negative before it becomes a recession....

I'm aware. I'm also aware of how people 'feel' about 'recession', rather than bullshit economic data.

If you were honest, CG, you'd have to conclude that the "libs" that have posted in this thread thus far are all thoughtful people and not prone to being reactionary.

The 13 keys test is one that Obama passes easily.

I'm aware. I'm also aware of how people 'feel' about 'recession', rather than bullshit economic data.

Are you now saying that you do not have economic forecasts that predict a return to recession in the US? But........you feel like one is coming?

Brilliant!

Are you now saying that you do not have economic forecasts that predict a return to recession in the US? But........you feel like one is coming?

Brilliant!

Ohhhh, I see your problem. You lack basic comprehension skills. No wonder you think it's a 'lock' for the O.

That isn't what I said. Moron. Read and comprehend. It's not hard.

If you were honest, CG, you'd have to conclude that the "libs" that have posted in this thread thus far are all thoughtful people and not prone to being reactionary.

Actually what I see is that most of you are posting on emotion instead of logic. Which is what I expected... I had, however, hoped for different. I always hope people will think - but few do.

Wow - swear to god didn't see LL's answers before putting in my own....

I gave 8 a false for Social unrest for the Tea Party and Occupy movements

Mate, I wouldn't even call that a protest movement.

The 1960s - now that was what I call unrest - water cannons, dogs, rubber bullets.....

The Tea Party folk have been pretty well behaved, and the odd OWS protester has been arrested and pepper sprayed, but it has hardly made the news here (whereas my father's generation were getting it nightly on the news in the 1960s)

what forecasts?

It is your survey. It specifically says "recession" not a vague economic feeling

Your survey seems to have looked at past presidential elections and specific factors. I imagine they used real recession as a key

Actually what I see is that most of you are posting on emotion instead of logic. Which is what I expected... I had, however, hoped for different. I always hope people will think - but few do.

Oh.....emotion.

That is a common tactic of the emotional conservative............very much ashamed of their emotions..............eager to claim that liberals are emotional. Funny, huh?

You have, in this thread, stated that you are concerned that Americans "feel" like a recession is coming. Meanwhile, the libs here have cited cold-hard facts about the economy and how a recession before November is IMPOSSIBLE. Yet...you think you are being logical in claiming that "key" for your side.

More fun.

It is your survey. It specifically says "recession" not a vague economic feeling

Your survey seems to have looked at past presidential elections and specific factors. I imagine they used real recession as a key

It's not 'my' survey. It's an academically researched methodology for predicting the outcome of elections. Damn, if you haven't even worked that out, seriously - I doubt you have the intellectual capacity to get the topic at all.

Read the damned link. Ain't got jack shit to do with me.

Forum List

Back