The Iran Nuclear Deal Is ***The Law of the Land***

The US Senate amended the treaty statute in 1948

Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution gives the President the power “to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur.”

The United Nations Charter, delivered to the US Senate by President Harry Truman and duly ratified by that body on July 28, 1945 by a vote of 89-2.

U.S. Const. art. VI, cl. 2.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof;
and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
that just explains how treaties are made, who makes them and what the mean when thy are made, it says absolutely nothing about rescinding them, it certainly does even remotely imply we can not back out of ones we feel are bad ones [ I do not know if this was a bad one or not]

Sorry, I know you are a good little Globalist but we are not bound. Your knowledge of the Constitution is sorely lacking.

"The Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution (Article VI, Clause 2) establishes that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority, constitute the supreme law of the land"
What rubbish. You don't even know the text of your sacred Constitution. No wonder you can't clear anything up.

Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution gives the President the power “to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur.”

The United Nations Charter, delivered to the US Senate by President Harry Truman and duly ratified by that body on July 28, 1945 by a vote of 89-2.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof;
and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
that just explains how treaties are made, who makes them and what the mean when thy are made, it says absolutely nothing about rescinding them, it certainly does even remotely imply we can not back out of ones we feel are bad ones [ I do not know if this was a bad one or not]

Understood.

But some of the posters want to arbitrarily rescind any treaty agreed upon by black presidents which involve "islamofascists" and enemies of Bibi Netanyahu.

The law is only as good as the Sheriff who enforces it. Right now, we have veto power over the Sheriff. Which is ultimately why we can do what we want. Most other countries, well they don't have the veto power so.....................
well, I'm going to use this to answer the OP, chances are he/she will scrarch his/her head and just move on

Let me give you a few recent examples. The invasion of Iraq violated the UN charter. Why didn't the UN do something about it? Because we can veto any action the SC decides on. Why didn't the SC do something about the use of Chemical Weapons in Syria? Because a permanent member vetoed it! They too can do what they want!

If it's true that it is the law of the land because we signed the UN Charter agreement, shouldn't that be challenge-able in court?

A treaty MUST be made under the authority of the Constitution to be "binding". I am glad I could help clear this up.
Ffs. The UN Charter is a treaty made under the authority of the US. You couldn't clear up a case of acne.

LOL, it means ALL treaties rocket man. File your case in the 9th, that way you'll get a first round win. the SC will slap you down. Let me know when it's filed son

Understood.

But some of the posters want to arbitrarily rescind any treaty agreed upon by black presidents which involve "islamofascists" and enemies of Bibi Netanyahu.

All treaties rocket man, not just the ones you like ;) Another lil poster who thinks that me saying Obamabi Obama should have followed the Constitution is "racist"

"all Treaties made" All treaties rocket man, by the way, you do know that the Iran deal was an "Executive Action" and not a "treaty" right?

in other words it is an anti-semetic treaty? geez!...ever read my posts, the ones where I keep trying to inform everyone that the left can not defend their arguments any longer so everything ends as racist or misogynist or xenophobic to cover it up.

And the Iran Deal itself is not a treaty approved by the Senate.
Is it not a UNSC Resolution which the US is bound to obey as signatory to the UN Charter? Why yes, it is.

Underscoring that Member States are obligated under Article 25 of the Charter of the United Nations to accept and carry out the Security Council’s decisions,
1. Endorses the JCPOA, and urges its full implementation on the timetable established in the JCPOA;
2. Calls upon all Members States, regional organizations and international organizations to take such actions as may be appropriate to support the implementation of the JCPOA, including by taking actions commensurate with the implementation plan set out in the JCPOA and this resolution and by refraining from actions that undermine implementation of commitments under the JCPOA;
http://www.un.org/

Please show where in the U.S. Constitution that the UN Charter trumps the Constitution? My civics classes didn't cover that.

I understand your predicament : you are slow in the uptake

1- Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution gives the President the power “to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur;

2- In 1948 the Senate gave the the President the authority to ratify treaties which were approved by the UN Security Council

3- Obama was acting within the authority granted in 1948 when he approved the Iran Deal

'nuff SAID
so - did 2/3rds of the senate concur?

The vote was 89-2; so what do you think?

and when was this vote?

"all Treaties made" All treaties rocket man, by the way, you do know that the Iran deal was an "Executive Action" and not a "treaty" right?
The UN Charter is a treaty. One of all treaties made under the authority of the US. FFS!

Are you drunk or something?

OL, it means ALL treaties rocket man.
Of which the UN Charter is one; and the supreme law of the land.

Learn your Constitution, you might be able to clear a case of acne then.

United Nations Charter

"Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state or shall require the Members to submit such matters to settlement under the present Charter; but this principle shall not prejudice the application of enforcement measures under Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter.[1]

United Nations Charter - Wikipedia

You're dismissed rocket man.

Clearly one of us knows it and it isn't you
Yet you were the one to post a false version of your own Constitution. Anyway, I'm getting the picture. Invincible ignorance is named that for a reason. Even when actual facts are pointed out to you, you remain invincible to them. A Trumpeter no doubt.

The UN Charter is a treaty. One of all treaties made under the authority of the US. FFS!

Are you drunk or something?

He is from West Virginia so his English Comprehension is very limited.

Is it not a UNSC Resolution which the US is bound to obey as signatory to the UN Charter? Why yes, it is.

Underscoring that Member States are obligated under Article 25 of the Charter of the United Nations to accept and carry out the Security Council’s decisions,
1. Endorses the JCPOA, and urges its full implementation on the timetable established in the JCPOA;
2. Calls upon all Members States, regional organizations and international organizations to take such actions as may be appropriate to support the implementation of the JCPOA, including by taking actions commensurate with the implementation plan set out in the JCPOA and this resolution and by refraining from actions that undermine implementation of commitments under the JCPOA;
http://www.un.org/

Please show where in the U.S. Constitution that the UN Charter trumps the Constitution? My civics classes didn't cover that.

I understand your predicament : you are slow in the uptake

1- Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution gives the President the power “to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur;

2- In 1948 the Senate gave the the President the authority to ratify treaties which were approved by the UN Security Council

3- Obama was acting within the authority granted in 1948 when he approved the Iran Deal

'nuff SAID
so - did 2/3rds of the senate concur?

The vote was 89-2; so what do you think?

and when was this vote?

LOL< the UN charter (as I just posted) plainly states that it does not supersede a Nations self governance and determination. He's just one more child who has no idea what he's talking about.

You couldn't dismiss a case of acne.

United Nations Charter

"Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state or shall require the Members to submit such matters to settlement under the present Charter; but this principle shall not prejudice the application of enforcement measures under Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter.[1]

He is from West Virginia so his English Comprehension is very limited.
Ah. Fair enough. Please accept my apologies, Doc1, I had no idea.

United Nations Charter

OL, it means ALL treaties rocket man.
Of which the UN Charter is one; and the supreme law of the land.

Learn your Constitution, you might be able to clear a case of acne then.

United Nations Charter

Yo dingle berry

CONGRESS ***VOLUNTARILY***RELINQUISHED ITS CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY TO RATIFY TREATIES IN WHICH THE UNSC UNANIMOUSLY AGREED.

THAT WAS NOT FORCED UPON CONGRESS BY THE UN.

Forum List

Back