The Impeachment ‘Kill Switch’: McConnell Dismissal Rule Corners Dems, Blocks Antics as Trial Starts

ANYTHING a DIM DEM would attempt...........

Like calling witnesses...
a witness for what.
No witness for the dems has come forth with first hand knowledge.
It's all been hearsay
Les Parnas is a perfect example

well I never talked with Trump personally, but I know he would do it.

If your criticism is lack of first hand witnesses, then you must be in favor of calling people with first hand knowledge of why the aid was held.
ukraine got their aid and there was no biden investigation so you're wrong on both counts

Aid was released after the whistleblower was made known to Congress. Hardly exculpatory. And even so, not all aid was released. Millions couldn’t be moved due to the delays.
why do you leave so conveniently the other half of the argument?
If biden's weren't investigated then you have no argument.
You're just blowing smoke....as usual

What McConnell is saying is that he is the only one who gets to use political maneuvers

If the Dems try, he will declare “shenanigans” and declare Trump innocent
You mean like Schitt did in the basement and would NOT let anyone in to watch his TRIAL and refusal to let anyone on the right to testify?

Adam Schiff blocks Republicans' attempts to question impeachment witnesses
upload_2020-1-20_11-24-57.jpeg
Nov 19, 2019 · Adam Schiff, the Democratic chair of the House Intelligence ... When Nunes continued questioning, Vindman refused to ... “ The whistleblower has the right, the statutory right to

a witness for what.
No witness for the dems has come forth with first hand knowledge.
It's all been hearsay
Les Parnas is a perfect example

well I never talked with Trump personally, but I know he would do it.

If your criticism is lack of first hand witnesses, then you must be in favor of calling people with first hand knowledge of why the aid was held.
ukraine got their aid and there was no biden investigation so you're wrong on both counts

Aid was released after the whistleblower was made known to Congress. Hardly exculpatory. And even so, not all aid was released. Millions couldn’t be moved due to the delays.
why do you leave so conveniently the other half of the argument?
If biden's weren't investigated then you have no argument.
You're just blowing smoke....as usual
Joe Biden not being investigated is proof that a President of VP can threaten to with hold foreign aid for any reason.

What McConnell is saying is that he is the only one who gets to use political maneuvers

You mean the way Adolph Schiffler did it in the House?

Why do you suppose no one gives a shit about your petulant whining?

INTHE HOUSE INVESTIGATION...THE SENATE DOES NOT INVESTIGATE THEY REACH A CONCLUSION!
...But keep going, we need more good laughs from the wee IQ crowd!

No one is asking the Senate to investigate. Senate is supposed to have a trial. Witnesses are called at trials.

Unless you want a show trial...

You are just WRONG Colfax!

It is up to the House to have the witnesses, and they did not even try to compel them to testify by running the request through the Supreme Court. Don't you read newspapers or other media?

If you want fairness, all this is in reality is another "gotcha!" It is NOT a slam-dunk that the Senate can force testimony from these people if the Trump Administration uses executive priv. That would mean, the Senate would then have to do what the House refused to do, and run it by the whole Supreme Court, stalling the whole outcome, leaving it up in the air.

So, in essence by using this tactic, the House got to impeach the President, while not allowing the Senate to vindicate him, as they would be having to wait for the Supreme Court to rule; and that could take months to get the trial off the ground.

No, the House did this to themselves, and did it on purpose, trying to put the onus on the Senate to do the Houses's job; in essence, trying to "eat their cake, and have it too!" You see, the House doesn't REALLY want witnesses because of what would come out. They only want Americans to BELIEVE they champion this, so they can blame the Senate, lol!

Possibly/probably a smart political move by the Democrats, if the GOP has no answer to it. Do they? I don't know; starting Tuesday we will find out!

Bolton has stated he will testify if called before the Senate. I’d say that’s a testimony worth hearing, wouldn’t you?

Are you interested in getting at the truth?
Are you? See, most of those wailing that they want all this additional testimony will turn right around and insist they're lying if that testimony is not derogatory.
There’s only one way to find out.

Actually, you already know how you would react if any new testimony cleared Trump.

You mean like Schitt did in the basement and would NOT let anyone in to watch his TRIAL and refusal to let anyone on the right to testify?

View attachment 301458
Nov 19, 2019 · Adam Schiff, the Democratic chair of the House Intelligence ... When Nunes continued questioning, Vindman refused to ... “ The whistleblower has the right, the statutory right to

The House hearings were not a trial, silly.

No one is asking the Senate to investigate. Senate is supposed to have a trial. Witnesses are called at trials.

Unless you want a show trial...

It is up to the House to have the witnesses, and they did not even try to compel them to testify by running the request through the Supreme Court. Don't you read newspapers or other media?

If you want fairness, all this is in reality is another "gotcha!" It is NOT a slam-dunk that the Senate can force testimony from these people if the Trump Administration uses executive priv. That would mean, the Senate would then have to do what the House refused to do, and run it by the whole Supreme Court, stalling the whole outcome, leaving it up in the air.

So, in essence by using this tactic, the House got to impeach the President, while not allowing the Senate to vindicate him, as they would be having to wait for the Supreme Court to rule; and that could take months to get the trial off the ground.

No, the House did this to themselves, and did it on purpose, trying to put the onus on the Senate to do the Houses's job; in essence, trying to "eat their cake, and have it too!" You see, the House doesn't REALLY want witnesses because of what would come out. They only want Americans to BELIEVE they champion this, so they can blame the Senate, lol!

Possibly/probably a smart political move by the Democrats, if the GOP has no answer to it. Do they? I don't know; starting Tuesday we will find out!

Bolton has stated he will testify if called before the Senate. I’d say that’s a testimony worth hearing, wouldn’t you?

Are you? See, most of those wailing that they want all this additional testimony will turn right around and insist they're lying if that testimony is not derogatory.

Actually, you already know how you would react if any new testimony cleared Trump.

That's false. I'm interested in hearing from everyone involved in Trump's behavior. Are you?

View attachment 301458

The House hearings were not a trial, silly.
Neither is the Senate "trial." Not in the real sense. As you turds kept saying during the House inquiry: "It's a political process, not a legal process."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is as of now including in the U.S. Senate impeachment trial rules a “kill switch” that effectively allows for the president’s legal team to seek an immediate verdict or dismissal of the case should Democrats engage in any shenanigans like they did in the House process.

The revelation comes after the House finally late last week formally sent the Articles of Impeachment it adopted before Christmas—after holding them for more than a month without transmission—to the U.S. Senate, thereby triggering the start of a Senate trial. The Senate will formally commence its trial procedures in votes this coming week, and while some Republicans want to outright dismiss the charges altogether from the outset, others believe a trial should take place.

In so finally transmitting the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also named impeachment case managers—the Democrats who will present and manage the House’s case to the Senate—last week. They include House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY). Both Schiff and Nadler were widely panned for the highly unfair process they ran in the House of Representatives, and many Senate Republicans do not trust them to refrain from playing games that seek to make the Senate trial unfair to the president as the highly partisan process in the House ended up.

Republicans on the House side, who were essentially powerless to stop the Democrats’ shenanigans since they are in the minority in the lower chamber, are warning Senate Republicans to be on the lookout for Schiff’s gamesmanship and that from his ilk.

“It’s incumbent upon the Senate to preserve the right of the President’s legal team to ask for a verdict or move to dismiss this sham impeachment anytime they..

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

------------

“killswitch” will be thrown only if any Dem pulls a ruthless, dishonest, crooked stunt for their own political gain.

Dems: OMG. That means we’re finished....Flushed, ....Kaput.....where is that trump RED MAGA CAP?....ROTFLMFAO!!!

The ONLY people pulling “shenanigans” in the Congressional Hearings were Republicans demanding witnesses who had nothing to do with the charges.

Republicans want to make this about the Bidens and it has NOTHING to do with the Bidens and everything to do with this illegal President.
Biden had EVERYTHING to do with this....if he hadn't have said...
Biden-threat-ver.-2.jpg

NONE of this would have started as even a really dumbas . Like yourself would have gone nuts if Trump's VPBwould have been in Ukraine and tried to extort the EXACT SAME THING!

DemonRATS ate TRYONG LIKE ALL HELL TO PROTECT Biden, who may NOT be their candidate with the newest Reuters poll showing BERNIE IS TIED WITH JOJO!...ALSO Jojo has Incriminated the Surrender zmonkey simply STATING Zto the president...IF YOU DOUBT ME CALL THE PRESIDENT....NOW thinking about it, let's get Jojo AND THE SURRENDER MONKEY TO TESTIFY UNDER OATH!!!
Only Biden didn’t demand personal favors

Trump did

Except he didn’t. Favors for the country are not personal.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is as of now including in the U.S. Senate impeachment trial rules a “kill switch” that effectively allows for the president’s legal team to seek an immediate verdict or dismissal of the case should Democrats engage in any shenanigans like they did in the House process.

The revelation comes after the House finally late last week formally sent the Articles of Impeachment it adopted before Christmas—after holding them for more than a month without transmission—to the U.S. Senate, thereby triggering the start of a Senate trial. The Senate will formally commence its trial procedures in votes this coming week, and while some Republicans want to outright dismiss the charges altogether from the outset, others believe a trial should take place.

In so finally transmitting the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also named impeachment case managers—the Democrats who will present and manage the House’s case to the Senate—last week. They include House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY). Both Schiff and Nadler were widely panned for the highly unfair process they ran in the House of Representatives, and many Senate Republicans do not trust them to refrain from playing games that seek to make the Senate trial unfair to the president as the highly partisan process in the House ended up.

Republicans on the House side, who were essentially powerless to stop the Democrats’ shenanigans since they are in the minority in the lower chamber, are warning Senate Republicans to be on the lookout for Schiff’s gamesmanship and that from his ilk.

“It’s incumbent upon the Senate to preserve the right of the President’s legal team to ask for a verdict or move to dismiss this sham impeachment anytime they..

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

------------

“killswitch” will be thrown only if any Dem pulls a ruthless, dishonest, crooked stunt for their own political gain.

Dems: OMG. That means we’re finished....Flushed, ....Kaput.....where is that trump RED MAGA CAP?....ROTFLMFAO!!!

The ONLY people pulling “shenanigans” in the Congressional Hearings were Republicans demanding witnesses who had nothing to do with the charges.

Republicans want to make this about the Bidens and it has NOTHING to do with the Bidens and everything to do with this illegal President.
Biden-threat-ver.-2.jpg

NONE of this would have started as even a really dumbas . Like yourself would have gone nuts if Trump's VPBwould have been in Ukraine and tried to extort the EXACT SAME THING!

DemonRATS ate TRYONG LIKE ALL HELL TO PROTECT Biden, who may NOT be their candidate with the newest Reuters poll showing BERNIE IS TIED WITH JOJO!...ALSO Jojo has Incriminated the Surrender zmonkey simply STATING Zto the president...IF YOU DOUBT ME CALL THE PRESIDENT....NOW thinking about it, let's get Jojo AND THE SURRENDER MONKEY TO TESTIFY UNDER OATH!!!

Trump did
Um, he wanted an investigation into the company paying his son $83,000 per month to do nothing stopped.

Once again you are wrong. Your perfect streak is alive.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong
Good thing we never agree. That makes me always right, you always wrong.

That's false. I'm interested in hearing from everyone involved in Trump's behavior. Are you?

We’ve already heard from the witnesses that Schiff allowed to be heard. Why didn't he get them all?

We’ve already heard from the witnesses that Schiff allowed to be heard. Why didn't he get them all?

You really have no idea how you would react if all the new testimony clears Trump? That's odd.

They refused to testify.

You really have no idea how you would react if all the new testimony clears Trump? That's odd.
How could I know how I’d react to testimony I haven’t heard?

An avenatti type of character would absolutely qualify.
Not sure what you mean by that.

Schumer has asked for 4 witnesses.
Mulvaney
Bolton
Blair
Duffey

Any reason you can think of that we shouldn’t hear from any of these people?

They were never part of the houses case. The house clams to have a slam dunk let them present it as is and see if the senate agrees.

Some people take more convincing than others. Are you interested in discovering the truth or not?

I know the truth, I've read the transcript of the call. What I'm not interested in is listening to the commie lies about it. None of their witnesses verified their contentions, so now they want the senate to do their job. If the house felt they needed more witnesses they should have followed the process to get them, not expect the senate try to short cut the process. You commies always want to take short cuts and try change the rules to tilt the playing field. Informed people are sick of your bullshit.

Biden-threat-ver.-2.jpg

Trump did
Um, he wanted an investigation into the company paying his son $83,000 per month to do nothing stopped.

Once again you are wrong. Your perfect streak is alive.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong
Good thing we never agree. That makes me always right, you always wrong.

The problem with the video the Purge posted is that those weren't Biden's terms for the aid - those were the terms the US Government, including the House and the Senate, established for the aid. Furthermore, Biden was also speaking on behalf of the European Union, NATO, and the International Monetary Fund, all of whom were holding on to further aid and loans until Shokin was gone.

It's pretty hard to imagine today that McConnell and Graham actually voted for the prosecutor's removal but they did and somehow the entire Republican Senate has conveniently forgotten all about it. Or the grateful thanks they gave to Biden when he accomplished the job he was assigned.

Mulvaney
Bolton
Blair
Duffey

They were never part of the houses case. The house clams to have a slam dunk let them present it as is and see if the senate agrees.

Some people take more convincing than others. Are you interested in discovering the truth or not?

I know the truth, I've read the transcript of the call. What I'm not interested in is listening to the commie lies about it. None of their witnesses verified their contentions, so now they want the senate to do their job. If the house felt they needed more witnesses they should have followed the process to get them, not expect the senate try to short cut the process. You commies always want to take short cuts and try change the rules to tilt the playing field. Informed people are sick of your bullshit.

Having fact witnesses testify is “tilting” the playing field?

I don’t think so. I think that’s getting to the truth.

Mulvaney
Bolton
Blair
Duffey

You must have covered your eyes and ears during the testimony of Vinland, Sondland, Volker and Morrison to come to that conclusion.

Forum List

Back