The hunt for Bin Laden

I find it hard to believe he has not been turned over by his own people yet. For the love of money and freedom from hiding and the fact that OBL/UBL is no longer the great power (more like the great runner)he holds little interest for his followers anymore. What is the sense in following this wanted man around?

I am thinking of Hitler and Heinrich Himler....am hoping the same holds true to UBL....

Why is George Bush so proud about 9/11? He uses it in his commercials, and acts like he's the only one that can protect us scared little rabbits. 9/11 happened due to serious intelligence failures of the CIA and FBI on his watch- anyone could fight the war on terror better than him. He started out well in Afghanistan and then dropped the ball by lying about Al-Qaeda and Saddam being linked. He turned the international community against us, and is creating terrorists. Without the cooperation of other countries we will never find terrorists in other countries. We need their cooperation. Alienating potential allies and acting like an arrogant jerk will only cause other countries to turn a blind eye to terrorists in their midst. And guess what folks, we can't invade that many countries or speak that many languages. A diplomatic approach would net us more terrorists. I'm not a Democrat but Bush is a fool. He does appear to have half the country believing that he is the only one that can protect this country, while economically and enviromentally raping it. I've never cared about politics but now I'm obsessed- because we must get this brain dead puppet of corporations out of office before he bankrupts us with his voodoo economics.

9/11 happened due to serious intelligence failures of the CIA and FBI on his watch- anyone could fight the war on terror better than him

First of all you can thank the bleeding heart dems for constantly slashing the intel and defense budgets. Second 9-11 would not have happened if slick Willy would have taken Bin Laden when he was offered on a silver platter. GWB inherited the intel agencies and their problems from 8 years of a fool !!!

And yes he is a fool, I had the misfortune of meeting the man, so I say this from personal experience.

Bush gave three speeches where he mentioned Al-Qaeda and Saddam in the same sentence. He later admitted there was no evidence. When you say something as if it is fact with no evidence to back it up it's either a lie or a manipulation. When a senior Al-Qaeda operative was caught by the Kurds a few weeks ago on the Iran, Iraq border they confiscated a disc outlining a plan to start civil war in Iraq by bombing Shiites, and Sunnis. They hope this will bog down the US and continue the anti-americanism they thrive on- most importantly on this disc was mention of Saddam as a secular "infidel." Al-Qaeda never has liked him, and OBL has spoken against him. He's not a "good muslim." This is in Time magazine. If Saddam is linked to Al-Qaeda Bush would be chomping at the bit to prove it to the public!

Bush gave three speeches where he mentioned Al-Qaeda and Saddam in the same sentence. He later admitted there was no evidence. When you say something as if it is fact with no evidence to back it up it's either a lie or a manipulation.

Or bad intelligence.

When a senior Al-Qaeda operative was caught by the Kurds a few weeks ago on the Iran, Iraq border they confiscated a disc outlining a plan to start civil war in Iraq by bombing Shiites, and Sunnis. They hope this will bog down the US and continue the anti-americanism they thrive on- most importantly on this disc was mention of Saddam as a secular "infidel." Al-Qaeda never has liked him, and OBL has spoken against him. He's not a "good muslim." This is in Time magazine. If Saddam is linked to Al-Qaeda Bush would be chomping at the bit to prove it to the public!

The Bush administration has stated a long time ago that they had no proof of any connection.

He reported on bad intelligence he was given. He retracted the statements later. This connection has barely been discussed since. It wasn't a lie. He followed up on bogus intelligence, as I would expect him to, but it was inaccurate information.

Bush gave three speeches where he mentioned Al-Qaeda and Saddam in the same sentence

Same sentence maybe, but did he directly say they were working together, or did you infer it ?

Al-Qaeda never has liked him

Since when has that stopped groups or countries from working together to achieve a common goal ?

Bush never directly said saddam and osama were working together but he sure as hell infered it!

Originally posted by jbrand1
Bush never directly said saddam and osama were working together but he sure as hell infered it!

Sure he did, based on intelligence he received. This was proven to be false and the Bush administration said as much. Sucks that they were wrong, but there is no conspiracy or lie here.

Originally posted by jbrand1

No, you inferred it. The listener infers - the speaker implies.

Bush consistently said that the war was against Terrorism - not just against Al Qaeda. There is plenty of evidence that Saddam had the means, motive, intent and relationships to support terrorism outside of Iraq's borders. He sponsored suicide bombers within Israel - do you really think we should have waited for him to provide chemical weapons for others to smuggle into the U.S.?

Why is George Bush so proud about 9/11? He uses it in his commercials,

George Bush, nor anyone calling themselves American, is "proud" of 9/11. He has every right to use September 11th in any of his commercials... he lead this country through a time of crisis and is standing strong on his stance on defeating terrorism, whether it be Al-Queda, Hamas, Saddam.

Without the cooperation of other countries

Funny that you dont mention the other countries who are WITH us...

And guess what folks, we can't invade that many countries or speak that many languages

:wtf:

He does appear to have half the country believing that he is the only one that can protect this country,

No one said he is the only one that can protect this country, but he's sure doing one helluva job! I havent heard of a terrorist act against this nation on our own soil since 9/11, have you??

OBL has spoken against him.

Of course OBL has spoken against him... Bush is hunting for him. I highly doubt OBL would want to invite Bush over for tea and crumpets.

It seems asinine to go after Saddam just because he had the means to produce chemical and biological weapons. Saddam is not insane. If your insane you don't stay in power for 30 years. He knew better than to attack the US. Explain how our "friends" in the war on terror like Pakistan provided nuclear technology to the axis of evil! Iran, and North Korea are nuked up thanks to Pakistan- seems strange we should be so concerned about Saddam possibly providing mustard gas to Al-Qaeda, when our allies in the war on terror are providing nuclear technology to outlaw regimes with a true madmen at the helm "North Korea." Also the Saudi's have been supporting Al-Qaeda since day one. And we all know the hijackers were from Saudi. It appears to me, I don't know for sure that Iraq was a "soft" target. A way to get our hands on their oil, and make GWB look good with a easy victory. If we were serious about WMD we would have to take down Iran, and North Korea, and Pakistan! I don't think we've got the cash!

"Senator Warner, I think the world is far safer with the disappearance and the removal of Saddam Hussein. I have said I actually think this may be one of those cases where it was even more dangerous than we thought.

I think when we have the complete record you're going to discover that after 1998 it became a regime that was totally corrupt. Individuals were out for their own protection. And in a world where we know others are seeking WMD, the likelihood at some point in the future of a seller and a buyer meeting up would have made that a far more dangerous country than even we anticipated with what may turn out not to be a fully accurate estimate."

"And quite frankly, that's what made Saddam so dangerous, in my view. Here was an individual who had invaded his neighbors, used chemical weapons against one of them and used them against the other. So it was hard to have a benign interpretation of that individual's intentions. And the real challenge for intelligence is going to be getting to our political leadership, not just judgments about capabilities, but judgments about real intentions. And that is tough."

Dr. Kay before the Senate Armed Services Committee

The mainstream (liberal) press has studiously avoided quoting Dr. Kay's complete testimony.

Why is it that I keep hearing Dems saying Bush went to war for oil? Then when Bush wants us to be self-sufficient and use our own resources, the same Democrats are complaining that he's trying to ruin the enviroment. Which is it? Is Bush out to steal Iraqs oil, or trying to ruin the enviroment by drilling for our own oil? Sorry, pet peeve, lol!
And proof or not, I don't believe that Saddam didn't some how fund AQ. Come on. There's places on the web that you can go to and send donations, you don't think someone passed an envelope? Saddam Hated/hates All Westerners, why would he not help fund a group that is about as Anti-American as he is?
Okay, everything else I wanted to say has been said, LOL!

Forum List

Back