The History of Racism in American Govt Housing Policy...

I don't know, maybe. Doesn't really matter what would be a better analogy. The point is that statistics, rates, and ratios are important.
No.

People are important.

They aren't statistics.

They aren't ratios.

They aren't rates.

They are individuals.

You shouldn't lose sight of that.
I don't have time to figure out everything about every individual I encounter, so I take a shortcut. It's called prejudice.
If someone throws a grenade at you, are you going to take cover or not? I take cover, even though I have no idea what's inside. It could be a toy for all I know, but I won't take the chance unless there's a good reason for it.

This is not a grenade.
It's an analogy. I've already figured out plenty about some of the blacks on here. On an individual (although through the internet) basis.

I suspect some of them can say the same things about some of the whites on here...you think? :lol:
Couldn't tell you for sure. The ones I've seen aren't very good at figuring anything out, period.

No.

People are important.

They aren't statistics.

They aren't ratios.

They aren't rates.

They are individuals.

You shouldn't lose sight of that.
I don't have time to figure out everything about every individual I encounter, so I take a shortcut. It's called prejudice.
If someone throws a grenade at you, are you going to take cover or not? I take cover, even though I have no idea what's inside. It could be a toy for all I know, but I won't take the chance unless there's a good reason for it.

This is not a grenade.
It's an analogy. I've already figured out plenty about some of the blacks on here. On an individual (although through the internet) basis.

I suspect some of them can say the same things about some of the whites on here...you think? :lol:
Couldn't tell you for sure. The ones I've seen aren't very good at figuring anything out, period.

You need to find a bigger sample and expand your "surveys". You're looking in the wrong places.

And don't fucking rely on the media to FEED it to you. THey do a criminally bad job of that. .

This is not a grenade.

You need to find a bigger sample and expand your "surveys". You're looking in the wrong places.

And don't fucking rely on the media to FEED it to you. THey do a criminally bad job of that. .
I'm not using this site's experiences to make any conclusions. It's more that the conclusions I made based on other evidence are supported by my experiences with blacks.

As for the media feeding it to me? Please! The media does all it can to make blacks look good, not the other way around.

This is not a grenade.

I'm not using this site's experiences to make any conclusions. It's more that the conclusions I made based on other evidence are supported by my experiences with blacks.

As for the media feeding it to me? Please! The media does all it can to make blacks look good, not the other way around.

Not good enough. Don't care how much experience you have. You haven't seen all the successful Blacks and highly motivated and educated Blacks or even the Decent, hard-working compassionate Blacks that YOU NEED to know. THEN -- you wouldn't be pestering us with all your BOLD pronouncements about ALL BLACKS are ________. What appears in the media is NOT the "good stuff" by and large. So by definition what you SEE in any mainstream media is the darkest, most ATYPICAL performance of any sub group of citizens.

Not good enough. Don't care how much experience you have. You haven't seen all the successful Blacks and highly motivated and educated Blacks or even the Decent, hard-working compassionate Blacks that YOU NEED to know. THEN -- you wouldn't be pestering us with all your BOLD pronouncements about ALL BLACKS are ________. What appears in the media is NOT the "good stuff" by and large. So by definition what you SEE in any mainstream media is the darkest, most ATYPICAL performance of any sub group of citizens.
How do we even know a black was successful thanks to his own efforts with the affirmative action in the country?

How do we even know a black was successful thanks to his own efforts with the affirmative action in the country?

You just told me that you don't have any real interactions with enough Black folks right there. Otherwise you wouldn't be talking about "getting there" through Aff. Action. If you engaged and worked with highly skilled and motivated Black people -- you wouldn't be denigrating their achievements.

Here's the deal. And I'm not bragging but I live a good life in a SUPER town and a great neighborhood. We have roughly 6% Black kids in the Nationally Ranked High Schools that this county has. That's not totally representative, but we "mix a lot". And I've got recording artists, NFL players, College professors and their Black families as my neighbors and friends. HERE -- there is NOT a race issue. Trust me on that. And THESE FOLKS -- even if there WAS a little Affirm. Action going on -- would have made it here ANYWAYs.

You got a class issue buddy.. It's not all RACE that determines who you want to live with..

Are you really that stupid? Do you not get out of your little bubble for fear you might learn something new and that the 'something new' you'd learn may be that whatever scenarios you have playing in your feeble little mind are all wrong?

I know first hand many African Americans that are well educated (college graduates) and some of them are business owners. I had a professor in college that worked his way through his first degree and then went on to earn two more. He was raised in the projects in Alabama and was repeatedly told he'd never amount to anything by practically everyone he grew up with. He was eventually put into the care of his grandmother by the state. He knows firsthand how the government 'helps' certain groups by keeping them dependent on handouts. Government housing for the poor sucks. They are herded in and not given a choice of where they live. It is a modern day form of segregation.

Are you really that stupid? Do you not get out of your little bubble for fear you might learn something new and that the 'something new' you'd learn may be that whatever scenarios you have playing in your feeble little mind are all wrong?

I know first hand many African Americans that are well educated (college graduates) and some of them are business owners. I had a professor in college that worked his way through his first degree and then went on to earn two more. He was raised in the projects in Alabama and was repeatedly told he'd never amount to anything by practically everyone he grew up with. He was eventually put into the care of his grandmother by the state. He knows firsthand how the government 'helps' certain groups by keeping them dependent on handouts. Government housing for the poor sucks. They are herded in and not given a choice of where they live. It is a modern day form of segregation.
I'm glad you know your share of negroes, but how does graduating from college mean anything? Many classes in college are simple and they're notorious for affirmative action.

And what's the negro's problem with living where it's told? Most people can't afford everything they like and if they could, there has to be a vacancy. They're doing them a favor by preparing a place for the negro to stay on subsidized/free housing. The only bad thing about it is if the place is filled with violent criminals. That often happens since it's concentration of negroes, but who's fault is that?

You just told me that you don't have any real interactions with enough Black folks right there. Otherwise you wouldn't be talking about "getting there" through Aff. Action. If you engaged and worked with highly skilled and motivated Black people -- you wouldn't be denigrating their achievements.
Getting to know the big picture by meeting a few individuals is a poor choice of research material. Statistics are more important.
Here's the deal. And I'm not bragging but I live a good life in a SUPER town and a great neighborhood. We have roughly 6% Black kids in the Nationally Ranked High Schools that this county has. That's not totally representative, but we "mix a lot". And I've got recording artists, NFL players, College professors and their Black families as my neighbors and friends. HERE -- there is NOT a race issue. Trust me on that. And THESE FOLKS -- even if there WAS a little Affirm. Action going on -- would have made it here ANYWAYs.

You got a class issue buddy.. It's not all RACE that determines who you want to live with..
Nobody said there weren't any successful negroes.

I'm glad you know your share of negroes, but how does graduating from college mean anything? Many classes in college are simple and they're notorious for affirmative action.

You wouldn't know unless you try ---right? :badgrin: ANYONE can get to Med School majoring in Spanish. I qualified for Med School majoring in Electrical Engineering. Did I RESENT the "slackers" who took the EASIER WAY to supplement the REQUIRED pre-med requirements? No... It's was my choice to do it. Had several Profs tell me that I needed a psych eval for doing that.

Same thing applies to Aff. Action students. They can chose the easy or hard way to their degrees. That's UNIVERSAL for getting to most UNDERgraduate degrees. Don't expect you to understand that. Because I'm nearly sure you're just bashing college because it wasn't part of your life planning..

Getting to know the big picture by meeting a few individuals is a poor choice of research material. Statistics are more important.

You'd be appalled if you ever realized how many there are.. Since they are just 1 in 8 or so of ALL Americans, it just SEEMS rare to folks not paying much attention. And maybe you don't understand that "ratio thingy". But That means that you can meet up to 6 well heeled White people before you meet a single well-adjusted, competent, honest Black person --- And the STATISTICS would still be a tie.

You posted this up at #61...

You may THINK you're doing a good job at BEING a bad ass racist, but you just disqualified yourself from BEING any kind of accurate judge or expert on the matter.

Last edited:

You'd be appalled if you ever realized how many there are.. Since they are just 1 in 8 or so of ALL Americans, it just SEEMS rare to folks not paying much attention. And maybe you don't understand that "ratio thingy". But That means that you can meet up to 6 well heeled White people before you meet a single well-adjusted, competent, honest Black person --- And the STATISTICS would still be a tie.
Except ratios indicate blacks are OVERrepresented in areas like crime on a per capita basis.

Except ratios indicate blacks are OVERrepresented in areas like crime on a per capita basis.

People of low income and people of LOW education are "over-represented" in crime. NOT JUST Blacks.
Do you understand that?

People of low income and people of LOW education are "over-represented" in crime. NOT JUST Blacks.
Do you understand that?
Another question is why are blacks overrepresented in poverty? Could be the same reason they're overrepresented in crime. It would explain why poor blacks decide to pursue remarkably stupid money-making schemes like robbing gas stations and then getting felony records.

Do you understand that?
Another question is why are blacks overrepresented in poverty? Could be the same reason they're overrepresented in crime. It would explain why poor blacks decide to pursue remarkably stupid money-making schemes like robbing gas stations and then getting felony records.

Do you UNDERSTAND the topic of this thread?? It ACTUALLY answers your question. Your Govt had systematic racist Housing Policies in PLACE for over 2 generations. Caused housing disparity, CREATED the "hoods" and PREVENTED Black America from accumulating the GIGANTIC advantage of home equity over their SAME working counterparts. READ the transcript of this interview about the Ford plant move from Richmond Calif. to Milpitas Cali.. I KNOW you won't -- because you're intellectually lazy and PREFER to be an idiot about racism.. But if you DID --- you wouldn't be asking such stupid questions..

I want to go BACK to this interview.... And get back to the topic.

Nick Gillespie: You argue in the book, and this is one of the really ... I think one of the interesting twists is that you're using Chief Justice John Roberts, who is nobodies idea of a liberal, but you essentially agree with his legal theory about whether or not the government should remedy certain forms of discrimination, but you disagree with the facts. To put a little bit of ... You had referred to this earlier, but at one point, Robert said, "If segregation is a product, not of state action, but of private choices, it does not have constitutional implications." That's Robert's theory, and you say you're fine with that, but Roberts has his facts wrong, because what your book shows is that the government actually ... That state action was a really major factor, if not the major factor, so that the government ... It's right and proper that the government should be directly involved in addressing the inequalities that stem from residential segregation enforced by the state.

With that as a backdrop, let's talk about your specific suggestions for policies that you think will ameliorate not just the residential segregation patterns, but disparities in income, education, and mobility. You write that federal subsidies for middle class African-Americans to purchase homes in suburbs that have been racially exclusive are the most obvious incentives that could spur integration. How would that work? How do you find the people who would qualify for that kind of program? Then, how do you make it happen?

Richard Rothstein: Well, let me say first that I also say in the book that I'm very reluctant to discuss remedies because I think that they're inconceivable. They're politically inconceivable today. I am not suggesting that the kind of thing that you just mentioned, the program of liberals or anybody else in the country today, because until we have a new consensus about the extent to which the government is responsible for residential segregation, we can't have the kind of conversation that is necessary to begin to consider remedies together. I do talk, as you mentioned, I don't mind talking about some remedies that we might be able to develop, but I'm not advocating them today. What I'm advocating is a much broader discussion of this history, because we now have a national consensus that we have defacto segregation, and that consensus has to be destroyed before we can have an intelligent conversation about remedies, and if we have that conversation, it may be that other people have much better suggestions for remedies than I do.

Interested in the Left -- Right -- Libertarian -- Socialist reactions to the comment I enlarged above.

1) "If segregation is a product, not of state action, but of private choices, it does not have constitutional implications." Agree, Disagree --- Discuss..

2) If segregation and it's predictable effects on economic outcome are primarily CAUSED by State actions -- Is is right and PROPER to attempt to "remedy them"?? As in some forms of compensation in the housing market to "catch up" or compensate for damages? Realize this damage OCCURRED in the 20th Century. We're not talking about 17th to 19th Century?

1) "If segregation is a product, not of state action, but of private choices, it does not have constitutional implications." Agree, Disagree --- Discuss..
What does this mean? If blacks choose to live in Negrohoods, does it have anything to do with the constitution? What are you actually asking?
2) If segregation and it's predictable effects on economic outcome are primarily CAUSED by State actions -- Is is right and PROPER to attempt to "remedy them"?? As in some forms of compensation in the housing market to "catch up" or compensate for damages? Realize this damage OCCURRED in the 20th Century. We're not talking about 17th to 19th Century?
You keep implying that state actions caused segregation and thus caused low negrohood housing values. The housing values are low because of the people who live there and how they act. Or did they put all the black districts on a volcano?

What does this mean? If blacks choose to live in Negrohoods, does it have anything to do with the constitution? What are you actually asking?
You keep implying that state actions caused segregation and thus caused low negrohood housing values. The housing values are low because of the people who live there and how they act. Or did they put all the black districts on a volcano?

What does it MEAN?? Seriously? Roberts was saying that PRIVATE choices to segregate do not have Constitutional implications. Do you agree with that?

I can't help you anymore. If you're too lazy and intellectually challenged to listen to a podcast or skim thru a transcript of the interview -- You simply don't belong in the thread.

Forum List

Back