The Highlander ........................... The Reboot

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind

I have nothing against Henry Cavill, but he is a horrible Superman and he would be a horrible Highlander.

Chris Hemsworth on the other hand............perfect!

I have nothing against Henry Cavill, but he is a horrible Superman and he would be a horrible Highlander.

What?

Henry Cavill was awesome as Superman. He is based and will be a great Connor.

I’ve always liked the Highlander franchise, it badly needs a reboot though.

I thought Cavill did fine as Superman. Snyder was the real problem with those movies IMO...not that WB showed they could do anything great with DC outside of Snyder.

The first Highlander movie is a classic and I was a fan of the series when I was younger...but the other movies were pretty bad as I remember.

A reboot might be good, but I'm not holding my breath.

I saw Highlander in the theater. It was the very first movie I bought, on VHS. The sequels sucked and should be ignored as they ruin the original film. The series with Adrian Paul? Meh, so-so. It did not do much for the original film one way or the other (compared to Stargate: SG1 which, in my opinion, complimented the movie nicely).

I have been a fan of Henry Cavill since The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) and have very much enjoyed seeing him mature as an actor. I thought his turn as Clark Kent/Superman was the best yet. I was looking forward to what he might have brought to Highlander. It's a shame if he is truly off the project, but fortunately he has plenty of other projects in the works so we will have no shortage of Henry Cavill...

The original Highlander was outstanding.
1684584275888.jpeg

In the end, there can be only one.

I don't see Highlander successfully being re-done.

The Highlander movie sequels got high jacked by the investors and basically ruined. However, there are now "renegade" versions that undo the horrible mistakes and massive plot holes created by the investors.

Cavel can't take a punch on the screen and Hemsworth can IMHO. Chris is also better at looking like an idiot when the need strikes.

Hollywood is out of ideas (obviously) but if they throw in any of "THE MESSAGE " into it with racial or gender dysphoria....I'm out!

No,

Man of steel, Batman vs Superman, justice league. All had Henry play Superman but they have one thing in common, zak Snyder directed them all and zak Snyder aside from the dawn of the dead remake is a shitty director.

Directors often make the actor. Look at Quentin Tarantino, so many people in his movies gave their best performances ever in his movies because he is good at directing people, not just the camera.

Forum List

Back