The Heroes of Flight 93

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
You won't read this on MSM ever.

'ON SEPT. 11, 400 miles from the collapsed World Trade Center towers, three dozen passengers and crew aboard United Flight 93 remained in airborne purgatory. Starting at 9:30 a.m., for some 30 minutes, 14 of them managed to telephone either loved ones or operators on the ground.

Public relations man Mark Bingham got through to his aunt's home in California. "This is Mark," he began. "I want to let you guys know that I love you, in case I don't see you again." Then, "I'm on United Airlines, Flight 93. It's being hijacked."

Two other callers from the plane not only provided information but also gleaned vital news from those they phoned. Tom Burnett, chief operating officer for a medical-devices firm, made a number of brief calls to his wife, Deena. Speaking quietly, he asked her to contact the authorities and told her that a male passenger had been stabbed — later that he had died. A woman, perhaps a flight attendant, was being held at knifepoint, and the hijackers claimed they had a bomb.

Jeremy Glick, a salesman for an Internet services company, also managed to phone. In a long conversation with his wife, Lyz, Glick said the hijackers had "put on these red headbands. They said they had a bomb...they looked Iranian." The "bomb" was in a red box, he said. The couple told each other how much they loved each other. Glick said, "I don't want to die," and his wife assured him that he would not. She urged him to keep a picture of her and their 11-week-old daughter in his head, to think good thoughts.

Burnett's wife, who had been watching the news on television, told him that two planes had crashed into the World Trade Center. "My God," he responded, "it's a suicide mission." By the time he phoned a third time, after news of the crash into the Pentagon, she told him about that, too. Burnett seems to have been seated beside Glick, and apparently relayed all this information to him.

Were they to do nothing, the two men must have agreed, they were sure to die anyway when the hijackers crashed the plane. They resolved to fight for their lives. "A group of us," Burnett told his wife, "are getting ready to do something." "I'm going to take a vote," Glick said on his call. "There's three other guys as big as me and we're thinking of attacking the guy with the bomb."

So began the minutes of brave resistance, the clearly defined act of courage that has lived on in the national memory. Glick and others were equipped in more ways than one to confront the hijackers. He was 6-foot-1 and a former college judo champion. Burnett, at 6-foot-2, had played quarterback for his high school football team. Mark Bingham was a huge man, 6-foot-4, and at 31 still playing rugby. A few years earlier, he had fended off a mugger who had a gun. His mother got the impression, as he talked from Flight 93, that her son was talking "confidentially" with a fellow passenger. She felt that "maybe someone had organized a plan."

Tom Burnett’s wife got four calls from him and then nothing more , she kept the phone in her hand for a long time hoping he would call again but there was no other call.
I will never "forget the pain of this woman and the innocent people who died because of those crazy one who kills for the name of Allah

'ON SEPT. 11, 400 miles from the collapsed World Trade Center towers, three dozen passengers and crew aboard United Flight 93 remained in airborne purgatory. Starting at 9:30 a.m., for some 30 minutes, 14 of them managed to telephone either loved ones or operators on the ground.

Public relations man Mark Bingham got through to his aunt's home in California. "This is Mark," he began. "I want to let you guys know that I love you, in case I don't see you again." Then, "I'm on United Airlines, Flight 93. It's being hijacked."

Two other callers from the plane not only provided information but also gleaned vital news from those they phoned. Tom Burnett, chief operating officer for a medical-devices firm, made a number of brief calls to his wife, Deena. Speaking quietly, he asked her to contact the authorities and told her that a male passenger had been stabbed — later that he had died. A woman, perhaps a flight attendant, was being held at knifepoint, and the hijackers claimed they had a bomb.

Jeremy Glick, a salesman for an Internet services company, also managed to phone. In a long conversation with his wife, Lyz, Glick said the hijackers had "put on these red headbands. They said they had a bomb...they looked Iranian." The "bomb" was in a red box, he said. The couple told each other how much they loved each other. Glick said, "I don't want to die," and his wife assured him that he would not. She urged him to keep a picture of her and their 11-week-old daughter in his head, to think good thoughts.

Burnett's wife, who had been watching the news on television, told him that two planes had crashed into the World Trade Center. "My God," he responded, "it's a suicide mission." By the time he phoned a third time, after news of the crash into the Pentagon, she told him about that, too. Burnett seems to have been seated beside Glick, and apparently relayed all this information to him.

Were they to do nothing, the two men must have agreed, they were sure to die anyway when the hijackers crashed the plane. They resolved to fight for their lives. "A group of us," Burnett told his wife, "are getting ready to do something." "I'm going to take a vote," Glick said on his call. "There's three other guys as big as me and we're thinking of attacking the guy with the bomb."

So began the minutes of brave resistance, the clearly defined act of courage that has lived on in the national memory. Glick and others were equipped in more ways than one to confront the hijackers. He was 6-foot-1 and a former college judo champion. Burnett, at 6-foot-2, had played quarterback for his high school football team. Mark Bingham was a huge man, 6-foot-4, and at 31 still playing rugby. A few years earlier, he had fended off a mugger who had a gun. His mother got the impression, as he talked from Flight 93, that her son was talking "confidentially" with a fellow passenger. She felt that "maybe someone had organized a plan."

Thanks for the information but I had heard all of this before from the MSM.

In September of 2001 it was impossible to make a cell phone from an airliner at 2,000 feet let alone 30,000 feet. You either believe the laws of science or what the government told us about 9/11 with a follow up with "You are with us or against us".
Concrete after cured melts at 4,000 degrees. Like the concrete that flowed over the weapons in the armory in building 6. Fire in high rises have never fell a building except or since 9\11 and it happened three times, and what the Hell is low temperature thermal expansion? Not only do they defy the laws of science they make up new ones

I worked blowing up buildings, roads and mountains 10 years and I'll tell you the same thing I said when I watched the Towers fall 'controlled demolition'.

This one is one I've only seen bits and pieces of as I was on vacation in Honolulu and was planning to fly back home the morning of 9/11. We woke up leisurely and I called my sister-in-law to confirm a ride to the airport, but she told me to turn on the tv. That's when I saw edited news tape of first jet and then a second jet hit the towers. I couldn't believe it and when finally the news sank in, I had to scramble to get a place for my family to stay at and arrange for a flight home ASAP. Fortunately, I bought trip insurance as we had a one-year old daughter and four year-old son. The insurance took care of any extra payments for everything we needed. The hotel would easily extend our room. No word on when we could fly back as a no-fly zone was implemented over the USA. The security in a few of the neighborhoods in Honolulu was on full alert with uzis and semi-automatic weapons with their safety off. The city of Honolulu turned into a military base with full security rather quickly.

james bond, mind your manners: people know when you are fibbing, like now.

MSM was the first to tell of the heroics on Flight 93 by the passengers.

I worked blowing up buildings, roads and mountains 10 years and I'll tell you the same thing I said when I watched the Towers fall 'controlled demolition'.

The tapes from the ground does not look like controlled demolition despite what you believe.
No, the TT were not controlled demolitions, nothing like them.

Thanks for the information but I had heard all of this before from the MSM.

MSM doesn't want you to remember terrorism happened on US soil and could happen again.
You sound quite confused. We have right wing white domestic terrorism in America as well as Muslim jihadism, and MSM does remind us of both, as you well know.

The MSM started talking about 9/11 around midnight this morning from what I saw in the break room. NPR talked about it this morning on my drive home. It was on some news websites I accessed this afternoon.

james bond, mind your manners: people know when you are fibbing, like now.

MSM was the first to tell of the heroics on Flight 93 by the passengers.

Maybe they were part of the breaking news that day, but they don't want you to remember 9/11 and its aftermath. They want you to complain about BLM and salute when your top sports athletes kneel for the national anthem. Oregon was still protesting with BLM and Antifa radicals and could not stop their continued looting and violence. Now with the wildfires, the residents there are afraid of looting and want to force their way back home. All of the Democrat run cities in Oregon and across the US are in trouble.

In September of 2001 it was impossible to make a cell phone from an airliner at 2,000 feet let alone 30,000 feet. You either believe the laws of science or what the government told us about 9/11 with a follow up with "You are with us or against us".
Concrete after cured melts at 4,000 degrees. Like the concrete that flowed over the weapons in the armory in building 6. Fire in high rises have never fell a building except or since 9\11 and it happened three times, and what the Hell is low temperature thermal expansion? Not only do they defy the laws of science they make up new ones

Thousands of architects and engineers agree with you.

suckers

At eleven o’clock, on the morning of September 11, the Bush administration had already announced that Al Qaeda was responsible for the attacks on the World Trade Center (WTC) and the Pentagon. This assertion was made prior to the conduct of an indepth police investigation. That same evening at 9.30 pm, a “War Cabinet” was formed integrated by a select number of top intelligence and military advisors. And at 11.00 pm, at the end of that historic meeting at the White House, the “War on Terrorism” was officially launched.

It was too bad that Biden defiled the Flight 93 Memorial today with his presence.

What did he do?

Showed up. He stands for lawlessness and disorder.
Just imagine if DeBlasio had been the mayor of NYC back then.
The Dimm's stand against first responders, not for them, ass ache!
Meanwhile back in reality, lawlessness and disorder are what we will remember most about the blob's administration

Forum List

Back