The Hated Steelers Come to The Clink

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
This will be a good test of the noise effects design in the Century Link stadium.

With the demise of the 9ers as the only real team for the 12's to hate on I would probably designate the Steelers as a good replacement. The only problem is that we don't play them very often. Still the robbery that was the Super Bowl we played against the Steelers will live on in our hearts in infamy forever.

We hate their QB. We hate the refferee that was a Pittsburgh resident who called those multiple bullshit Pass Interference penalties which GAVE the game to the Steelers.

There will be NO SHORTAGE of vitriol in the stands on Sunday.

Success is often hated.

I've seen many unbiased observers bring up the horrible officiating of that Super Bowl...even recently.

That the officiating in a game several years ago will be a factor in this Sunday's game is remarkable. Noise is a physical reality at the CLink. My guess is that the DB's of the last Sunday's 9er game which has been our perennial Rival until recently will be significantly less than the noise level this coming Sunday against the Steelers and the memory of the officiating robbery that was Super Bowl 40.

Top Ten Controversial Calls: Super Bowl XL - NFL Videos

Crybabies are still whining about the officiating of Super Bowl XL? :lol:

The Hawks have lost to many teams over the years. In almost EVERY loss we as Hawk fans believe we just got out played by our opponent. We usually just blame ourselves for losses. Even when we get way more penalties than our opponent like we did against the Cardinals two weeks ago we didn't blame the refs. Some of the many holding calls we received were ticky tacky but they did happen. That game in Detroit was a complete robbery. The officiating was one sided. The officiating was calls that never happened the way the refs saw it. Rothlesburger played a horrible game and Hasselbeck flat lit it up. The officiating gave the Steelers at least a 21 point swing. The score should have been 24-14. It would have been with honest officiating.

That rip off will give the Hawks a huge advantage every time we play Pittsburgh especially when they play here. Otherwise they would just be another team. Never again.

Those damn refs made the Seahawks cough up the ball twice and drop all those passes! :mad:

Quit crying already.

Success is often hated.

I've seen many unbiased observers bring up the horrible officiating of that Super Bowl...even recently.

That the officiating in a game several years ago will be a factor in this Sunday's game is remarkable. Noise is a physical reality at the CLink. My guess is that the DB's of the last Sunday's 9er game which has been our perennial Rival until recently will be significantly less than the noise level this coming Sunday against the Steelers and the memory of the officiating robbery that was Super Bowl 40.

Top Ten Controversial Calls: Super Bowl XL - NFL Videos

They only showed 3 so I am wondering if some of them were for Seattle. I have not eaten sour grapes lately so I don't remember the rest.

On the first on, it was a bit ticky tacky but the receiver did push off.

The second, come on if he didn't cross it was a matter of a 1/2 an inch and it was reviewed.

The third, the guy held, sorry they missed the off sides. How that happens is anyone's guess.

Good teams overcome, like starting from the 6 seed.

Either way, I am pretty excited for this Sunday's game. Go Steelers!

Those damn refs made the Seahawks cough up the ball twice and drop all those passes! :mad:
Quit crying already.

Go fuck yourself. You obviously did not see the game. OR...you did see the game and you are a lying piece of shit.

Do you EVER see me crying about losing to the Patriots in SB 49? Of course not. That is because for the most part the game was played on a level field. I never complain about the officials unless I believe THEY GAVE the win to our opponent.

Like I said earlier in this thread many unbiased pundits agree with me. Most people that value fairness in football would say you are an ignorant asshole.

Quit crying already.

Go fuck yourself. You obviously did not see the game. OR...you did see the game and you are a lying piece of shit.

Do you EVER see me crying about losing to the Patriots in SB 49? Of course not. That is because for the most part the game was played on a level field. I never complain about the officials unless I believe THEY GAVE the win to our opponent.

Like I said earlier in this thread many unbiased pundits agree with me. Most people that value fairness in football would say you are an ignorant asshole.

I think most people would tell you to stop being a whiny little bitch about a sporting event that happened almost nine years ago.

w3Alywo.gif

well he does have a point in a way.I know many steelers fans in my city-"there is a pittsburgh steelers fan club here since so many reside here." and I spoke to many of them back then who told me they did not feel very good about that superbowl win like they wanted to because of the fact the refs made so many bad costly calls against them that day that hurt.

face it,your steelers did not earn that victory wheter you want to accept it or not.I did not care personally one way or the other back then which team won. I liked them both

Steeling is steeling. Only scum applaud theft.

well that would be you then since you cheer on a team with a coach who is a criminal.:biggrin: you're as biased about carrol being a cheater and being on the take to throw games as old fart style,chrissy and pooper and the other cheatriot apologists are who refuse to acknowledge facts about the cheatriots organization being a bunch of liars,cheaters,and criminals.

thank god the Rams are going back to LA next year or i would for sure be done with the NFL for good after waking up to how corrupt the NFL is last year.

Every loss with the Seahawks is a whine fest by the fans. So they lost to Pittsburgh. The Raiders have been many BIG games and had the BIGGEST calls go against them.

Who cares? At least the Raiders were in the BIG games.

well he does have a point in a way.I know many steelers fans in my city-"there is a pittsburgh steelers fan club here since so many reside here." and I spoke to many of them back then who told me they did not feel very good about that superbowl win like they wanted to because of the fact the refs made so many bad costly calls against them that day that hurt.

face it,your steelers did not earn that victory wheter you want to accept it or not.I did not care personally one way or the other back then which team won. I liked them both

We looked at the scoreboard at the end of the game, yeah they earned it by the only measure that matters.

Some comments I gleaned from the Internet:

There was the play that involved J. Stevans catching the ball, taking 3 full steps with it in his possession, getting hit, and fumbling. The refs called it an incomplete pass. It should have been a turnover for Pittsburgh. I believe it was in the 3rd quarter.

Likewise there was the Hasselbeck fumble that Pittsburgh recovered that was erroneously over turned due to a Larry Foote "touch".

Then there's the missed block in the back penalty after the Ben INT. Ben was blocked in the back at the 39 yard line (SEA's).

There were controversial calls that went for the seahwawks (such as a non-fumble call). But it's important to point out the pereria (levy's boss at the time) has come to say it was holding and Levy shouldnt have apologized. NFL News, Videos, Scores, Teams, Standings, Stats

Steelers-Seahawks, this should be a very good game.

I see a game marred by numerous penalties. :lol:

Carroll "the criminal" will be arrested for selling crack.

The refs will be "booed" loudly before and after the game.

The Hawk's fans will steel the Steelers fan's terrible towels to wipe their eyes and noses from all their whining.

The Hawks simply have better athletes than Pittsburgh across the board so the only way it could be close is by the officiating.

Seattle HAS to win just to make the playoffs and the Steelers have less pressure in that regard. The Bengals all but have their division sewn up. If the Steelers lose they should still make the playoffs the way the AFC is going.

Seahawks 30

The Hated Steelers 16

Last edited:
Steelers-Seahawks, this should be a very good game.

I see a game marred by numerous penalties. :lol:

Carroll "the criminal" will be arrested for selling crack.

The refs will be "booed" loudly before and after the game.

The Hawk's fans will steel the Steelers fan's terrible towels to wipe their eyes and noses from all their whining.

The Hawks simply have better athletes than Pittsburgh across the board so the only way it could be close is by the officiating.

Seattle HAS to win just to make the playoffs and the Steelers have less pressure in that regard. The Bengals all but have their division sewn up. If the Steelers lose they should still make the playoffs the way the AFC is going.

Seahawks 30

The Hated Steelers 16

The Seahawks do not have 'better athletes' across the board. These two teams are fairly evenly matched as each has their strengths and weaknesses. Pittsburgh can still win their division, only two games back. The Seahawks you are right they have to win out or they are done, and they are playing pretty well. The Pitt receivers are better and no one throws the long ball better than Big Ben. I think Seattle has the edge but it could go either way.

Forum List

Back