The HARLEY DAVIDSON Riders Thread: Post Pics of Your Ride Here...

6ehype2e.jpg

1600cc Harley. Great chrome, but it's not mine. :-(

Don't give a shit either.

There's plenty of room in this new forum for you to start a thread about what you want.

This is a Harley thread.

I bet he would be one that would want to bring his little rice burner to a Harley group ride....:lol::lol::lol:

Hell no...I'm not old enough for a Harley group.
That's true, they don't allow cry-babies.

And the big dressers can't keep up on winding roads. :p
Sure they can....you have to be a good driver, maybe that was your problem?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Baggers can't do twisties??

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iciTw4emWc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iciTw4emWc[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Can't find a decent picture of my Moto Guzzi Le Mans Mk2 in white so this will just have to do instead!

Moto-Guzzi-Le-Mans-2-blue-1981-00LKG293008301C.jpeg

Moto-Guzzi-Le-Mans-2-blue-1981-00LKG293008301A.jpeg

Uuuummmm, Harley thread........ :eusa_whistle:

That don't look like no Harley I've ever seen........

Doh!

Used to be in a club for big V twins! :) Didn't matter what make as long as it could keep up. Every so often one or two of the BMW riders used to come slumming with us. ;)

Are those Guzzis shaft drive?

That one was. In fact I believe most of them are now that I think about it. You get a bit of torque steer if you pop a wheelie at a traffic light. :) Only ever saw that once and it was on an MG 1000 that had been seriously modified for racing.

Took a sweet ride to Luling Texas, today. It wasn't too cold when we started out, but then it got colder, but by the time were ready to head back home, the sun came out and it was a nice ride home.

20140209_121616.jpg

20140209_105633.jpg

Took a sweet ride to Luling Texas, today. It wasn't too cold when we started out, but then it got colder, but by the time were ready to head back home, the sun came out and it was a nice ride home.

20140209_121616.jpg

20140209_105633.jpg

I'm jealous.
We had flurries here in Virginia.
I guess I could have put on all the heated gear, etc., - but nah.
Can't wait for the warmer weather.

20140209_121616.jpg

20140209_105633.jpg

I'm jealous.
We had flurries here in Virginia.
I guess I could have put on all the heated gear, etc., - but nah.
Can't wait for the warmer weather.

I should have worn my chaps....didn't listen to the voice of reason, and my legs (I was wearing long johns) were still cold....wasn't too bad on the way back. When we lived in NH, we could only ride like 3 months if we were lucky.....it was always cold.

Okay, I have to admit my experiences with HD is from the 70s and early 80s when they were seriously overpriced junk. I've been looking at bikes and I am surprised to see that prices are comparable between the major bike manufactures.
Went by the dealer in Pueblo, CO and sat on a bunch of different models, will set up a test drive later, and found the Sportster Superlow 883 to be a perfect fit. Sitting on that felt as naturally comfortable as sitting in my favorite recliner.

001.jpg

A custom paint job, Mustang seat, windshield and floorboards is all that's needed as well as some toss over saddlebags.

And there's this...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyG_aPUcGzo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyG_aPUcGzo[/ame]

I've ridden this road 3 times on my RoadKing. Once in the dark (not recommended) and once loaded down with about 300 pounds of cargo, including camping gear, 8 rifles and shotguns and a couple thousand rounds.
Had to take it a lot easier on that one cause I had blown an air line for the rear shocks and was sitting pretty low.

XR 1200 for me although I like the XLCR from the late 70s made for a year or 2 - 3 . Old Shovelheads are also very nice and I like the newer Harley Dyna series . All of them are nice in my opinion although I lean towards 2 cylinder sportbikes with big motors . I can't post a picture as I don't have permission yet . Checkout STEVE STORZ to see some nice Sportster based sportbikes .

Forum List

Back