The Great Divider

Discussion in 'Politics' started by beretta304, Nov 14, 2012.

1. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    This one is a no brainer yet it gives insight into how little Obama cares. It's neither Democrat or Republican. This is about pure logic and intent, not political parties.

You have Susan Rice who no one can deny went out on the Sunday shows and blamed a video countless times. It doesn't matter whether she did so willingly or was instructed to. Not the point.

There are likely countless people qualified to become Secretary of State right in Obama's own administration. No one is even saying that he has to act bipartisan.

One would think in order to not further divide the nation and further alienate the Congress, he would seek someone neutral and non controversial.

So who does he consider and will likely push for?

Susan Rice.

That says it all about him wanting to mend fences and reach across the aisle, let alone unite the nation. Great way to launch your second term and keep your unfulfilled promise from your first term.

I welcome the excuses from the left as to why he can't find anyone else.

Fire away....

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. tyroneweaver

tyroneweaver Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,873
    I thought women that are now wanting to be in positions of authority were supposed to take this kind of heat
    apparently the dem party has done a 180 and women aren't smart enough to defend themselve.
    What could be more chauvinist than to send a women out there and tell her to say what we tell her to say.

4. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73

Naturally you were exempted from any attempt at giving a serious reply. :cool:

5. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Beyond that why intend to nominate such a controversial figure.?

6. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,619
    I must admit I have stopped following the conspiracy nutter theories about the embassy attacks since the signal to noise ratio became ridiculous.

However, I am curious to know if the nutters now believe the video is unconnected to ANY of the attacks.

Anyone know?

7. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    You Danny "The Spaz" Quayle fans are....

[​IMG]

8. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    You just couldn't answer the question could you without diverting into something else. :clap2: Not a nasty or partisan word in the thread but you have to be you which isn't saying much!

9. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,619
    You are the one who is fixated on the video. You started a whole thread saying the future of America hinges on a video and who said what about it. That is the most awesomely low benchmark I have ever seen!

I am just trying to catch up and get an accurate picture of exactly where this totem fits in the conspiracy nutter universe, that's all.

10. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,441
    I believe the only connection of the video to any of the attacks was promoted by those who wanted to divert attention from organized terrorist attacks. I'll leave this particular question there. . . .

I am 100% in favor of women taking their rightful place in positions of honor and authority if such positions are merited. I am 100% opposed to putting women or any other group in positions of honor and authority for any reason other than merit.

I 100% agree with the OP. In this morning's press conference, President Obama said Susan Rice did exactly what she was asked to do by his office and to condemn her because she did so was despicable or something to that effect. If anybody had any quarrel about that, come after him (the President.) I was so wanting the reporter to follow up with the question everybody wants asked: "Did you give her that order, Mr. President?" But he wimped out at that point.

But the bottom line is, if she knew the information was false--and we now know that everybody in the administration did know that--and she reported it not just as a theory but as fact anyway, she is not ethically fit to be Secretary of State. There was no reason to lie about it other than to cover people's butts and the American people deserve better from those entrusted with high office.

And if she didn't know about it, she is not knowledgeable enough or smart enough or competent enough to hold high office.