The GOP’s hatred of green energy reminds me of their hatred for LED bulbs.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

Remember all the articles at the USMB on LED bulbs and how awful they were and how expensive they were and how they were no good?

All the ridicule and name-calling and even accusing LED bulbs of being a left-wing plot?

And now they’re everywhere. Every bulb in my house is an LED bulb.

I even have those little miniature solar bulbs that sit outside and charge during the day and light up during the night.

Sometimes it seems Republicans won’t be happy until we’re back living in caves and having a Stone Age Renaissance.

While the rest of the world moves on to clean energy Republicans want to circle the wagons and live in the past. It won’t work. The future is coming whether they want it or not.

Yo Derp I read yesterday first gen solar panels are at the end of their life cycle....guess what? No place to put them, landfills won't take them and recycling them is becoming more difficult

Remember all the articles at the USMB on LED bulbs and how awful they were and how expensive they were and how they were no good?

All the ridicule and name-calling and even accusing LED bulbs of being a left-wing plot?

I even have those little miniature solar bulbs that sit outside and charge during the day and light up during the night.

Sometimes it seems Republicans won’t be happy until we’re back living in caves and having a Stone Age Renaissance.

While the rest of the world moves on to clean energy Republicans want to circle the wagons and live in the past. It won’t work. The future is coming whether they want it or not.
What a lying piece of shit!

It was CFL bulbs you forced on us... You know the ones that, when broken, create a hazardous environment needing hazmat to clean them up due to MERCURY used in them.

LED's were the answer to that poisoning of American's forced on us by you lying pieces of shit. IT was innovation to stop you fucking idiots from killing us...

The GOP does not hate green energy...where do you get that from?....they are just cognoscente of the fact that green energy as it stands today doesn't come close to meeting the needs of America or the world for that matter....realism as opposed to fantasy wishing....

Yo Derp I read yesterday first gen solar panels are at the end of their life cycle....guess what? No place to put them, landfills won't take them and recycling them is becoming more difficult
They are now labeling them used and sending them to third world countries who haven't got a clue the garbage were sending them.. And have no way to dispose of them. Inst the left so caring about these people.. They send them stuff that will poison and kill them when the chemicals get into their water supply... Wait... this is on purpose!

It was CFL bulbs you forced on us... You know the ones that, when broken, create a hazardous environment needing hazmat to clean them up due to MERCURY used in them.

LED's were the answer to that poisoning of American's forced on us by you lying pieces of shit. IT was innovation to stop you fucking idiots from killing us...

Yeah....I was trying to find which bulbs they started demanding we use before LED bulbs....CFL bulbs were the ones with lead...right? The ones they insisted.....mandated, we use instead of the old bulbs......luckily, capitalism beat them...

We hate going back to the middle ages for our energy sources....wind and sun..... just like the days when asshats like you were pillaging the countryside..............

If it doesn't work, you guys want it. If people say, hey, we don't want it because it doesn't work....you call them racists, and haters and try to get power over them to force compliance.....you guys are asshats.

Yeah....I was trying to find which bulbs they started demanding we use before LED bulbs....CFL bulbs were the ones with lead...right? The ones they insisted.....mandated, we use instead of the old bulbs......luckily, capitalism beat them...
it was the toxic, heavy metal, Mercury. it wasn't lead.

it was the toxic, heavy metal, Mercury. it wasn't lead.

Thanks....I couldn't remember exactly why it was stupid to force people to use those bulbs.... I just remember how stupid it was and that, of course, the left was pushing them...

hey dean i was back in those threads too.....the LED bulbs were pretty damned expensive back then,thats what was being complained about....and they were complaining about those curly q ones with the mercury in them......now they are pretty affordable....i use them everywhere except the garage door opener motor.....havent changed a bulb in at least 5 years,and some are on for hours at a time....

hey dean i was back in those threads too.....the LED bulbs were pretty damned expensive back then,thats what was being complained about....and they were complaining about those curly q ones with the mercury in them......now they are pretty affordable....i use them everywhere except the garage door opener motor.....havent changed a bulb in at least 5 years,and some are on for hours at a time....

Yep.....I thank Capitalism for defeating that left wing, mercury based light bulb........LEDs are quite nice...... and knowing that the left wing eco-fascists were beaten makes them so much better.

New technology is always expensive until it becomes commonplace.
I remember when the first CD ROM drives cost $1000 and now you can get one for 10.

They are now labeling them used and sending them to third world countries who haven't got a clue the garbage were sending them.. And have no way to dispose of them. Inst the left so caring about these people.. They send them stuff that will poison and kill them when the chemicals get into their water supply... Wait... this is on purpose!

Where are you going to get the electricity to run your LED bulb. That's right from the 800,000 windmills it will take just to meet todays needs "if" they produced continuously and at a sustained rate. We don't hate green energy! Stupid Ideas are a different matter!:slap:

I remember when the first CD ROM drives cost $1000 and now you can get one for 10.

Yes......thank God for capitalism...

then why did you not say that that was the main reason for the complaints,the price and the CFL mercury problems?...they were legit complaints especially disposing those horrible CFL bulbs....

I love mercury filled CFL’s! Great having to evacuate a building when you break one!

Forum List

Back