The GOP Solution to the Deficit: Raise It!

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Boy, if there is ONE THING the Republicans have been wailing about, it's the deficit! They'll say things like "Unemployment might be getting better BUT don't forget the deficit!"
"The Dow may be rising but don't forget the deficit!" and so on.

So their answer to this All-Consuming Problem? Raise the deficit.

Romney's Proposed budget would RAISE the deficit by $250B!
Santorum? $4.5T
Gingrich? $7T

Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget |

It's okay Repubs. You'll still get the vote of all White Male Christians whose wives don't use birth control!

The Dems will only get Dems, Indies, Mods, Latinos, Blacks, Gays, Non-Christians & Moderate Christians, and People who have a healthy sex life or want one...

That's quite a crop of candidates you guys have this year....

Boy, if there is ONE THING the Republicans have been wailing about, it's the deficit! They'll say things like "Unemployment might be getting better BUT don't forget the deficit!"

Santorum? $4.5T
Gingrich? $7T

It's okay Repubs. You'll still get the vote of all White Male Christians whose wives don't use birth control!

The Dems will only get Dems, Indies, Mods, Latinos, Blacks, Gays, Non-Christians & Moderate Christians, and People who have a healthy sex life or want one...

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Remind me again what Obama did to the deficit?
He what? Increased it exponentially more than any other President?

Ron Paul's plan
Debt over next decade: Reduces it by $2.2 trillion, lowering debt to GDP to 76%.

Costliest proposal: Get rid of various income taxes, such as the Alternative Minimum Tax and taxes on investment income, Social Security benefits and tips, at a cost of $2.5 trillion.

Biggest cost saver: Reduce many parts of non-defense spending, such as eliminating five federal departments including education, commerce and energy, saving $4.5 trillion.

Interest costs on the debt: Lowers it by $300 billion.

The Op left one guy out.

Santorum? $4.5T
Gingrich? $7T

Yes, I watched the libs snivel and drool while they talked about this on MorningJoe.

What isn't shown there is that is because of tax cuts and spending cuts that don't balance using today's numbers.

What is never in the calculation (or they don't talk about it) is what happens if the tax cuts stimulate the economy. That was never discussed this morning.

Reminds me of when Obama complained about the deficit when he ran. More of the same. It's a shame the people that should be President would never run.

Santorum? $4.5T
Gingrich? $7T

Yes, I watched the libs snivel and drool while they talked about this on MorningJoe.

What isn't shown there is that is because of tax cuts and spending cuts that don't balance using today's numbers.

What is never in the calculation (or they don't talk about it) is what happens if the tax cuts stimulate the economy. That was never discussed this morning.

Ummm, your fascination with the drool of Libs aside, that's not where I got it. See that link? Yeah that. Bi-Partisan (that means both Dem and Repub!) org.
Anyway, this was e-mailed to me but I'm glad to see it's getting coverage!

Ron Paul's plan
Debt over next decade: Reduces it by $2.2 trillion, lowering debt to GDP to 76%.

Costliest proposal: Get rid of various income taxes, such as the Alternative Minimum Tax and taxes on investment income, Social Security benefits and tips, at a cost of $2.5 trillion.

Biggest cost saver: Reduce many parts of non-defense spending, such as eliminating five federal departments including education, commerce and energy, saving $4.5 trillion.

Interest costs on the debt: Lowers it by $300 billion

The Op left one guy out.

Sorry. Ron Paul is the only candidate with a plan that actually reduces the deficit!

Santorum? $4.5T
Gingrich? $7T

Ummm, your fascination with the drool of Libs aside, that's not where I got it. See that link? Yeah that. Bi-Partisan (that means both Dem and Repub!) org.
Anyway, this was e-mailed to me but I'm glad to see it's getting coverage!

That still does not address the point.

I am not a fan of betting on increased revenues.

But the way this thread is framed, you'd think that the GOP is turning on it's principles.

The same segement on Morning Joe showed Obama lowering the deficit....mostly through tax increases. That's gonna work ! You bet.

Now I'll ask the same question in THIS thread...

Where is their comparable report on Barry's budget??

Now I'll ask the same question in THIS thread...

Where is their comparable report on Barry's budget??

Lemme explain things like "Irony" and "Hypocrisy".

If Obama was campaigning on protecting the military from infiltration by gays, and the repealed DADT, that would be have elements of both irony and hypocrisy.
Get that?

So reducing the Deficit has been a primary campaign promise and speaking point for every GOP candidate. And now they come up with budgets that raise it.
Do you see the irony and hypocrisy here?

(this does not apply to Ron Paul, whose budget actually WOULD reduce the deficit).

Remind me again what Obama did to the deficit?
He what? Increased it exponentially more than any other President?
and exactly how did he do that? the last bush budget deficit was nearly 1.5 trillion....his last year....when bush began with a running surplus....

what has obama added to that of bush's running deficit? more unemployment benefits, more food stamp benefits in this recession??? what??? one shot stimulus? Increased defense spending???

Ron Paul's plan

The Op left one guy out.

Sorry. Ron Paul is the only candidate with a plan that actually reduces the deficit!

And the least likely to get the nomination.

Ironic, no?

Ron Paul's plan

The Op left one guy out.

And the least likely to get the nomination.

Ironic, no?

That is why most republicans will not vote for him.

the spending has not increased that much, but the revenues being collected have dropped...thus continued deficits

Forum List

Back