The GOP FAILED. There is no excuse for where we find ourselves.

You do realize of course that if Republicans repealed ACA, your premiums would not go down right?
You do realize if it was repealed I could buy a policy that caters to MY NEEDS and not a stupid fucking mandate right?

No. You could be ripped off by an insurance company who will convince you that a catastrophic cheapo plan suits your needs. When you get sick, they will fuck you over.

Did ya know....as a 50 year old you'll need a colonoscopy ($3000 if no complications ) every three years. The ACA mandates that any policy you buy covers them.

Fuck that, The fucking federal government does not know what anybody needs. They need to stay the fuck out of people's personal business. No one should be paying for other people shit
No one should be paying for other people shit

I agree. Buy yourself some insurance.
Why would I buy something I would never use?

So, you'll refuse assistance from EMS when they arrive at the scene?

And everyone should have health insurance in this country.

And I should not be forced to buy anything to remain a citizen in good standing in my own country, that is absurd. What a bunch of control freaks, freedom is no longer free is it.
Fine. Don't seek care when you become ill or injured.
Other premium holders should not be forced
to pay more to cover for you free riders.

We are currently! What do you think Obamacare does? If one cannot afford insurance, it is given to them and premium payers pay for it. Man, you are clueless.

You honestly have no idea of how any of this works. No wonder you're so susceptible to the prevailing rw narratives.

Who,pays for healthcare for people that cannot afford healthcare?

It's called Medicaid.

why can't he just pay the doctor? seem reasonable to you?

Do you have $250K+ to cover your surgery, week long stay in the ICU, another week in a regular room and all of the follow up care after your accident?

I had a catastrophic policy, it was a great policy, cheap, didn't cover doctors visits but I didn't care, I rarely saw a doctor, just once a year. I still should not be forced by my government to buy anything, it's called freedom.

Sit down and figure out if it's cheaper for you to pay the penalty rather than high premium, deductible and max out of pocket. Just because it's mandated doesn't mean many didn't just pay the penalty.

Not buying insurance is illegal, are you telling me to break the law?

Not telling you to break the law, telling you to do what's best for you.

You do realize if it was repealed I could buy a policy that caters to MY NEEDS and not a stupid fucking mandate right?

No. You could be ripped off by an insurance company who will convince you that a catastrophic cheapo plan suits your needs. When you get sick, they will fuck you over.

Did ya know....as a 50 year old you'll need a colonoscopy ($3000 if no complications ) every three years. The ACA mandates that any policy you buy covers them.

Fuck that, The fucking federal government does not know what anybody needs. They need to stay the fuck out of people's personal business. No one should be paying for other people shit

Lol yeah he wears a bracelet that says "DNR - I'm a proud, Pro-Trump American"

Ambulances are expensive. Life flight will put you into bankruptcy.

And everyone should have health insurance in this country.

And I should not be forced to buy anything to remain a citizen in good standing in my own country, that is absurd. What a bunch of control freaks, freedom is no longer free is it.

Do you have $250K+ to cover your surgery, week long stay in the ICU, another week in a regular room and all of the follow up care after your accident?

I had a catastrophic policy, it was a great policy, cheap, didn't cover doctors visits but I didn't care, I rarely saw a doctor, just once a year. I still should not be forced by my government to buy anything, it's called freedom.

Until you can't pay. Then it becomes burdensome, free riding douchery.

Ambulances are expensive. Life flight will put you into bankruptcy.
Not if you buy their transport policies

There are only two options.

Pay the high premiums for the Obamacare coverage

Cut the coverages to achieve lower premiums.

Most people want to keep the coverage and drastically lower the premium. People can't have both. It's that simple. Neither the Republicans or Democrats have a solution. Well, the Dems want single payer, which is an alternative. But, one most people are uncomfortable with as well.

There is no answer. All the stuff talked about (state lines and so on), would amount to small savings. My brother is self employed and pays $1500 per month for a family plan. He said that he thinks a premium of $500 per month would be realistic. Does any plan achieve that kind of savings?

We either pay the price or dump the coverage. That is why I believe single payer is inevitable. There is no real solution.

I consider myself a conservative, but I have to agree with the critics of the GOP. After 7 years of crowing about repeal, they should be embarrassed. They should have just done it and dealt with the consequences. As it stands, they could lose the house in 2018 and have nothing to show after a period of total control. Dismal. This isn't on Trump at all in my opinion. He is waiting, ready to sign. This just proves how weak the GOP leadership is currently. The GOP may lose control, and frankly, they deserve it at this point.

Mine sentiments exactly, every point was spot on.

There are only two options.

Pay the high premiums for the Obamacare coverage

Cut the coverages to achieve lower premiums.

Most people want to keep the coverage and drastically lower the premium. People can't have both. It's that simple. Neither the Republicans or Democrats have a solution. Well, the Dems want single payer, which is an alternative. But, one most people are uncomfortable with as well.

There is no answer. All the stuff talked about (state lines and so on), would amount to small savings. My brother is self employed and pays $1500 per month for a family plan. He said that he thinks a premium of $500 per month would be realistic. Does any plan achieve that kind of savings?

We either pay the price or dump the coverage. That is why I believe single payer is inevitable. There is no real solution.

I consider myself a conservative, but I have to agree with the critics of the GOP. After 7 years of crowing about repeal, they should be embarrassed. They should have just done it and dealt with the consequences. As it stands, they could lose the house in 2018 and have nothing to show after a period of total control. Dismal. This isn't on Trump at all in my opinion. He is waiting, ready to sign. This just proves how weak the GOP leadership is currently. The GOP may lose control, and frankly, they deserve it at this point.

I'm a conservative and I have to disagree with some of what you're saying here. There are more than two options. First of all, you have to understand that Obamacare mandated insurance policies cover all kinds of things consumers may or may not want. This is the primary reason premiums rose. Without the individual mandate, they continue to rise because only the sick are in the pool. So these are just a couple of the problems Obamacare created.

Most people aren't interested in paying for coverage they'll never use. I have no need for maternity coverage.... why should I be forced to purchase it? Why can't insurance companies tailor plans to fit the needs of their customers? You say the ability to sell insurance across state lines would result in little savings but I don't believe that. I think whenever you encourage competition you always see competitive pricing.

It's for the best the GOP didn't pass what they had proposed because it did nothing to change the structure of Obamacare. It simply shifted the burden off the democrats and onto republicans for when this thing tanks. I don't know how this will play out for them in 2018. It looks like 2018 will be a referendum on Trump and IF republicans lose the House, they're going to move to impeach. Count on it. Then you'll have Pence, a lame duck who a democrat will replace in 2020.

We are currently! What do you think Obamacare does? If one cannot afford insurance, it is given to them and premium payers pay for it. Man, you are clueless.

You honestly have no idea of how any of this works. No wonder you're so susceptible to the prevailing rw narratives.

It's called Medicaid.

And who pays for it? We do! Thanks!

How is it I couldn't pay? It was a catastrophic policy. Cheap premiums, cheaper than today. I paid out less, if there is one that I won't be able to pay would be the policy I am forced to buy today. Do you even know what a catastrophic policy is?

Can anyone show me where it is written in our Constitution that the Federal Fucking Government is responsible for providing and managing the private healthcare of individual citizens from cradle to fucking grave?
You can't get 60 votes in the Senate with that attitude. Which is why nothing is being done at all.

republicans-are-red-democrats-are-blue.jpg

Insurance is not healthcare. Jack weed

My brother is self employed and pays $1500 per month for a family plan. He said that he thinks a premium of $500 per month would be realistic. Does any plan achieve that kind of savings?

I can't think (without my chart) what the federal poverty level is for a family of 4, oh you didn't say that. Or what state he is in, but I bet depending on his gross income his accountant can get his income in a range to get a subsidy. Heck his accountant may already have but he didn't know he might qualify. The best thing for him to do is contact a reputable health insurance agent where he lives between Nov 1 and Dec 15th, assuming the subsidies will still be there next year.

Massachusetts. He doesn't qualify for subs. Even if you do, it comes up to be very little at the higher end. When my wife and I started a family a few years back, we thought about having her stay home for the first couple years. We did qualify for a sub, but it amounted to $150 per month off a $1300 premium. It would be stupid to dump business/lower income to try to get more. She stayed at her employment to keep her benefits.

I am not arguing against the benefits offered by Obamacare. I am just saying that you have to be willing to pay for them. I think the self employed and small business have the toughest time with these premiums.

Here is a question. Take subs out of it. Let's take the $1500 example. Is there any plan that would reduce the current premiums down by half or more while maintaining all the same coverages? I don't there is a plan.

We are going single payer. I think those that pay the full boat for these policies will eventually put up the white flag. Will the taxes for single payer be greater than the 20-30K per year for premiums, probably higher a decade down the line?

My brother is self employed and pays $1500 per month for a family plan. He said that he thinks a premium of $500 per month would be realistic. Does any plan achieve that kind of savings?

I can't think (without my chart) what the federal poverty level is for a family of 4, oh you didn't say that. Or what state he is in, but I bet depending on his gross income his accountant can get his income in a range to get a subsidy. Heck his accountant may already have but he didn't know he might qualify. The best thing for him to do is contact a reputable health insurance agent where he lives between Nov 1 and Dec 15th, assuming the subsidies will still be there next year.

Massachusetts. He doesn't qualify for subs. Even if you do, it comes up to be very little at the higher end. When my wife and I started a family a few years back, we thought about having her stay home for the first couple years. We did qualify for a sub, but it amounted to $150 per month off a $1300 premium. It would be stupid to dump business/lower income to try to get more. She stayed at her employment to keep her benefits.

I am not arguing against the benefits offered by Obamacare. I am just saying that you have to be willing to pay for them. I think the self employed and small business have the toughest time with these premiums.

Here is a question. Take subs out of it. Let's take the $1500 example. Is there any plan that would reduce the current premiums down by half or more while maintaining all the same coverages? I don't there is a plan.

We are going single payer. I think those that pay the full boat for these policies will eventually put up the white flag. Will the taxes for single payer be greater than the 20-30K per year for premiums, probably higher a decade down the line?

So much bullshit.

It's called Medicaid.

And who pays for it? We do! Thanks!

Except that wasn't the point you made, dope.
The point was other policy holders.

How is it I couldn't pay? It was a catastrophic policy. Cheap premiums, cheaper than today. I paid out less, if there is one that I won't be able to pay would be the policy I am forced to buy today. Do you even know what a catastrophic policy is?

Do you even know what's currently available?
Obviously not.

Insurance is not healthcare. Jack weed

No, it's how you pay for your healthcare, dope.

Try answering the question. You dopes all say that people, (poor people),should pay for their own healthcare while steadfastly vowing that you won't be forced to have a policy. Well, the simple question then is, who pays for you when your bill exceeds your ability to pay?

In your scenario there's only two choices if you're not covered. You either opt to not have treatment or you get treatment even though you can't pay.

Forum List

Back