The Geography Of WWIII

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by PoliticalChic, May 11, 2015.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,138

Soooo....you're right there with Chelsea Manning???

2. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,222
    well, um, no, since i got promoted to E-6, was honorably discharged and received multiple awards for proficiency in my MOS.

But one more time, America's Freedom and Exxon's Profit Margin are two different things. I'm sorry you've been deluded into thinking they are connected somehow.

3. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,138
    "...the aim of the reforms is to surpass the American military might.

The documents were leaked as the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) navy launched two advanced warships designed for surface warfare, long-range air defence and anti-submarine operations, as the country's naval modernisation continues.

In May, the United States raised concerns with China about its latest militarisation of the South China Sea and claimed there will be short-term and long-term consequences.

In the disputed South China Sea, China has built up its presence on the islands more than any other country in the area, installing air bases, radar systems, and defence capabilities.

It has also emerged the country has been recently testing radar cross-sections (RCS) for new fighter jets.

A RCS index can measure how detectable an object is by radar and can be used in ballistic missiles."
    China's military reforms to 'WIN A WAR' and overtake the US revealed in leaked memo

4. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,222
    Gee, I can't get upset that China wants to control something called the "South China Sea". YOu know, because it has "China" in the title.

5. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,138

I would suggest that you restrict your posting to topics about which you have some understanding....but then you'd be mute.

And we'd have less to laugh at.

6. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,222
    Still waiting for you to give me a good reason why I should care about the "South China Sea".

Frankly, we need to start minding our own fucking business. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars protecting these countries and they steal all our jobs... does this seem smart to you?

7. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,138

Please try to post like an adult, sans the vulgarity.

Your post serves to validate what I wrote previously, that you are clueless about the topics you refer to....and simply work every post along the lines of "I hate America!!!"

Clearly you are both ignorant and hate-filled.

Here are the facts.

"The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) estimates that roughly 80 percent of global trade by volume and 70 percent by value is transported by sea. Of that volume, 60 percent of maritime trade passes through Asia, with the South China Sea carrying an estimated one-third of global shipping.Click here for more details." title="" style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(196, 45, 32); transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out;">1 Its waters are particularly critical for China, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea, all of which rely on the Strait of Malacca, which connects the South China Sea and, by extension, the Pacific Ocean with the Indian Ocean.

As a vital artery of trade for many of the world’s largest economies, the South China Sea has garnered significant attention. The high concentration of commercial goods flowing through the relatively narrow Strait of Malacca has raised concerns about its vulnerability as a strategic chokepoint. Writings on the South China Sea frequently claim that $5.3 trillion worth of goods transits through the South China Sea annually, with $1.2 trillion of that total accounting for trade with the U.S. This $5.3 trillion figure has been used regularly since late 2010, despite significant changes in world trade over the last five-plus years."
    Exports Through the SCS (billions)
    Top ten exporters
    China$874South Korea$249Singapore$214Thailand$170Vietnam$158Japan$141Hong Kong$140Indonesia$121Germany$117Malaysia$106
    How much trade transits the South China Sea? | ChinaPower Project

See if you can find someone to explain to you why China cannot be allowed to control that avenue....anyone with more than a double digit IQ will do.

8. JoeB131

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,222
    No, I just don't mistake the interests of the oil companies for America's interests.

Again, since China is the one using that avenue to choke our industry already, it really doesn't make sense for them to block it, does it.

Hey, here's a crazy idea, instead of worrying about stuff coming from over there... how about making stuff here? You know, like your hero Trump claims he wants to, but now even fucking Harley Davison is leaving the country.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  9. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,213
    That is because it costs more to comply with all the laws and regulations than making to bikes.

10. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,084
    Nope . . . it is because American workers have a much higher standard of life to support and that takes much higher wages.