The Geminga Scenario

Have Scholars Finally Deciphered a Mysterious Ancient Script?​

Linear Elamite, a writing system used in what is now Iran, may reveal the secrets of a little-known kingdom bordering Sumer

Is there a planet more habitable than Earth? The answer is yes, and it is called Super-Earth.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Actually a few others as well, but later ...

After 350 years, astronomers still can’t explain the solar system’s strangest moon​

Saturn's Iapetus, discovered way back in 1671, has three bizarre features that science still can't fully explain.

Scientists Spotted Something That Appeared to Be Moving 7 Times the Speed of Light​

Initially, from the Hubble observations, it appeared the jets were traveling at seven times the speed of light. Of course, that's impossible. The scientists attribute this discrepancy to a phenomena known as superliminal motion. Essentially, since the jet approaches our planet at nearly the speed of light, NASA says, the light it emits at later points has a shorter distance to travel each time, making it seem like it's moving faster than it really is.

With some additional calculations, scientists found the real speed: at least 99.97 percent the speed of light — which, to be fair, is still pretty damn fast.

The scientists hope their findings, published in a paper this week in Nature, will allow for even more precise observations of neutron star mergers in the future, which could potentially help calculate the rate of the universe's expansion.

When it comes to questions of the Creation of the Cosmos and Humans, most people tend to align with one or the other of polar views.
1) On one hand are those with Religion inclinations whom endorse some form of a Deity or Deities having decided to "Create" the Cosmos and we Humans within such. Such "Creation Stories/"Myths" " then become foundation for Religions = Ideologies with Deity/Deities attached and a proscription for how to live within the edicts of such a Creator(s).
2) On the other hand are those whom engage some form of Natural Existence/Development where "The Cosmos" is seen to have always been there, a result of it's 'Own Being" and then just happened to follow a path of mutations and developments that often have some gaps in the processes, but since such exists, it "Must have happened naturally."

Could there be some other more middle ground between these two polar extremes?

Might the Cosmos be some form of eternal cycle of Big Bangs and Big Collapses, neither a Beginning nor an End, and along the way Others show up and had some role in the appearance of the current version of we Humans, hence becoming our Gawds/Gawdesses ???

In the middle ground between Creationism and Evolutionism, this might be a perpendicular path to consider.
Motto of Astrogeeks: IF IT'S WEIRD, IT'S WISE

The singularity before the "Big Bang" (a childish-nerd term) is an impossible concentration of mass. So is the "Big Bang."

If you follow what I'm saying;
1) The Universe has always existed and is cyclic, going from a Big Bang expansion followed by a Big Collapse contraction, than expands again, then contracts, etc.
2) "God" is at least an invention/creation of Humans, or more likely that of the Annunaki whom are those "Sons of the Gods" in Genesis 1: 1-6

Of course, all are free to believe what they want. My hypothesis here is just how I see the "pieces of the puzzle" best fitting. ;) :cool:
Stay on Target. Don't Drift Into Silliness

You start out rational, then switch into weirdo mode.

Or more likely the pre-human(Homo Sapiens Sapiens) forms;

Half-a-Million Year Old Signs of Extinct Human Species Found in Poland Cave​

Sorry, but as soon as I started to read that I found myself dismissing it.

That is because it was discussing the fossils dating from 450-500 kya, and talking about how challenging it must have been for Heidelberg Man to survive in that kind of climate. However, in that time period Europe was very close to how it is today as that fits right in an interglacial. That is such a fundamental failure in understanding paleoclimates that I simply could not read any farther than that.

Near Earth Objects and impacts had a significant role in regards to the Geminga Scenario. Hence ...

Potentially Hazardous “Planet Killer” Asteroid Discovered Lurking in the Inner Solar System​

Stay on Target. Don't Drift Into Silliness

You start out rational, then switch into weirdo mode.
I'll need more information from you on your view here. Not too sure on what you mean with those terms or what specifics you are applying them to.

Hopefully you've read the opening posts of this thread (and the later ones) and understand that this thread is a bit unconventional to both those of Religion~Creationists views and also the so-called scientific views of ' evolution just "happened" '.
While there may be a random factor to evolution in general, with regards to humans this thread is presenting a case for an intervention factor as well.

I'll admit that to those locked into either polar extreme regarding origins of the universe and also of humans, this could seem to be "silliness" or "weirdo mode". My view is that both of those polar extreme sources of explanation are themselves ' "silliness" &/or "weirdo mode" '.

Hopefully you've read the opening posts of this thread (and the later ones) and understand that this thread is a bit unconventional to both those of Religion~Creationists views and also the so-called scientific views of ' evolution just "happened" '.

Junk science is still junk science. And bad science is just bad science.

And most of these have been both.

Black holes may hold some explanation because matter that falls into a black hole is said to disappear into a singularity. That actually may go against the well accepted theory that matter can neither be created nor destroyed.

Forum List

Back