The Gay Mariage Backlash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
The last two weeks have been filled with the controversy over gay marriage. Despite most people seeing it as being insignificant, i think it may have a key impact on the election this year against the Democrats, particularly Kerry if he wins the election. Ill explain why.

1)Kerry being from Massachusetts where one part of this controversy is taking place will be linked to him despite his attempts to be against gay marriage.

2)Despite the view of the media and the gay "rights" groups, clear violations in the laws created through direct refferendum of the vote of the people in California is a serious threat to our Government. If the majority no longer rules, and any group can break the law they imagine violates there rights we will have complete anarchy and the government will have no power.

Ill use an extreme example. What if a group of serial killers band together and says we are violating their right to kill people. They point to the military and say they have the right to kill. and then they point to the abortionists, they have the right to kill also. You cant give them choice the choice and not us. So we are going to violate your laws in protest. (okay not a perfect example but i think you get my point)

3)the issue of judges. Who do you want to apoint judges. George Bush who nominates conservatives who interpret the law as it is written or John Kerry who will appoint more liberal judges like those in Massachussets who are overturning the the laws by reading things in the constitution that arent there.

Im sure there are others. But i think those are the main things. I think the gay rights people are basically screwing themselves and the Democrats over with this issue right now. Even the Democrat leadership are yelling at them for doing it during an election year. They know they cant win through the Democratic process. so they have to circumvent it.

Anyone else have anything to add? Id love to see some comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back