The Future

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
This article has a pretty convincing argument about cars. Glad I won't be around to see it come about though.

It also assumes a lot and makes some comparisons that may not exist in the future- I suppose that's human nature. I'm not looking for argument just discussion. Do y'all see as the author does in anything presented.

The next big thing in transportation? The ‘un-car’

This future isn’t inevitable, though. There are at least two alternative futures that are each possible. But the onus is on carmakers to start imagining and designing the vehicles we’ll be using in 2030 and beyond that are more than boxes on wheels.

I'm not sure about today, but, in the past, cars were on the "drawing board" for seven years- I'm sure with CAD that has been reduced a bit, but, sourcing takes time, as does building the tooling for body pieces and engines, etc.- my point here is; how does the author know future designs aren't in the works?

Making and selling cars is a business. If you make ugly cars that can't go from point A to point B in the way people want, then no one will buy them.

Right now, a modern car is like a mini-apartment, it has everything except a kitchen and a bathroom ... and you can hook those to the back if you need them.

It will be pretty damn hard to improve on what we have now.

This article has a pretty convincing argument about cars. Glad I won't be around to see it come about though.

It also assumes a lot and makes some comparisons that may not exist in the future- I suppose that's human nature. I'm not looking for argument just discussion. Do y'all see as the author does in anything presented.

The next big thing in transportation? The ‘un-car’

This future isn’t inevitable, though. There are at least two alternative futures that are each possible. But the onus is on carmakers to start imagining and designing the vehicles we’ll be using in 2030 and beyond that are more than boxes on wheels.

I'm not sure about today, but, in the past, cars were on the "drawing board" for seven years- I'm sure with CAD that has been reduced a bit, but, sourcing takes time, as does building the tooling for body pieces and engines, etc.- my point here is; how does the author know future designs aren't in the works?
F1 cars are still 7 years in the making. Amazing tech.

Forum List

Back