The Future of Colleges: Worth it or Not?

No one makes 400k a year on a Liberal Arts degree.And even if they could the same one would cost 1/4 the price online.

No one makes 400k a year on a Liberal Arts degree.And even if they could the same one would cost 1/4 the price online.

Who mentioned anything about a liberal arts degree? This forum is about degrees in general.

I earned my MBA (from an accredited four year university) and made $400K a year before leaving corporate America. I paid a lot for my degree...but last time I checked it paid off for me.

American Asics

I attended the prestigious Ivy League school Dartmouth College (New Hampshire), and now I'm considering pursuing an MBA at Seton Hall University (New Jersey).

I studied Cognitive Science at Dartmouth and in my senior year, I investigated the applications of the Liar's Paradox to topics in Artificial Intelligence (i.e., memory retrieval rigor).

My opinion is that college education in America motivates you to think about the affordability of sneakers (running shoes).

After all, celebrity athletes such as Michael Jordan sign high-profile lucrative endorsement contracts with sport-shoe companies such as Nike.

:afro:

Blue Chips (Film)

a-negitive.JPG

Who mentioned anything about a liberal arts degree? This forum is about degrees in general.

I earned my MBA (from an accredited four year university) and made $400K a year before leaving corporate America. I paid a lot for my degree...but last time I checked it paid off for me.
Umm the Millennials. They are the masters of going into debt for useless degrees.

SOME students just realize that there's no jobs available for them. So they go to school, take out the minimal loans needed to have some fun, stretch out their college years to 10-12, instead of 3-6, live with their parents and pray that the economy will improve, that they'll win the lottery, invent something or marry money.

Umm the Millennials. They are the masters of going into debt for useless degrees.

I'm not much older than millennials. But I did run my own business during college to pay off everything I owed.

I recently graduated from a 4 year college and ask my self this question often.Was college really worth the time,money, and effort and did i learn anything of value to prepare me for the real world?

My Topic for discussion starts off by introducing the issue of schools being business more than educational institutions.

Should there be more control on schools to make sure students are getting their moneys worth? should an engineering degree cost the same as an arts degree when there's a huge different in pay between the two majors?

Depends on major. Probably not going to get a job as a physicist with hs diploma. :)

if you know what to do, you can use your college loans to retire upon. It costs less than 10k to go find a fine Filipina nurse, one who can pass the CA state nursing exam, and get her here. She can then clear 40k per year AND get 5k of grants and 17k of loans per year for college. The grants cover her actual expenses. In 4 years of part time college, she can become an anethecist, clearing 80k per year. She can live on 15k per year and by staying a nurse, her college loans will be forgiven. So yes, she CAN give you 35k per year. (untaxed) Dont expect her to stay with you more than the 5 years it will take her to become a US citizen and have all your property either buried at night in various places (ie gold coins) or hidden behind Nevada corporations. If you can't find a way to retire with 140k handed to you, you deserve to have to work for 50 years nd have nothing at the end of it

if you know what to do, you can use your college loans to retire upon. It costs less than 10k to go find a fine Filipina nurse, one who can pass the CA state nursing exam, and get her here. She can then clear 40k per year AND get 5k of grants and 17k of loans per year for college. The grants cover her actual expenses. In 4 years of part time college, she can become an anethecist, clearing 80k per year. She can live on 15k per year and by staying a nurse, her college loans will be forgiven. So yes, she CAN give you 35k per year. (untaxed) Dont expect her to stay with you more than the 5 years it will take her to become a US citizen and have all your property either buried at night in various places (ie gold coins) or hidden behind Nevada corporations. If you can't find a way to retire with 140k handed to you, you deserve to have to work for 50 years nd have nothing at the end of it

You're a fucking idiot.

I'm not much older than millennials. But I did run my own business during college to pay off everything I owed.
So you are Gen X. No surprise to hear you did that.

I recently graduated from a 4 year college and ask my self this question often.Was college really worth the time,money, and effort and did i learn anything of value to prepare me for the real world?

You recently graduated and you don't know the answer to that? Go get a refund; you didn't learn anything.

I graduated in political science.

You also miss understood my statement of "learning anything of value" meaning money making degree. I never stated i never learned anything which you claimed.

Enough about me and focus on the topic at hand. Thats more important.

Well, we know you didn't learn how to spell

it's misunderstood not miss understood

You recently graduated and you don't know the answer to that? Go get a refund; you didn't learn anything.

You also miss understood my statement of "learning anything of value" meaning money making degree. I never stated i never learned anything which you claimed.

If making money was your goal when you went to college and you majored in political science that's your first problem. Based on your incoherent posts I'm not surprised you haven't been able to make any use of your degree...I can only imagine what your resume looks like. I know if I was hiring somebody for a position and I saw the spelling/grammatical mistakes in your resume I'd toss it straight into the garbage.

Did you go to an accredited four year university? Serious question.

There's value going to college, sometimes it's financially, sometimes it's not. I graduated with a business degree-and I immediately got hired out of college to a good job (I eventually left corporate America for my mental sanity). I earned my MBA and I promise you that it made me a lot more money than it cost to acquire.

I would love to discuss my self, as would anyone else. However i am not the center of the universe as you are. If you read correctly my intention was not to make money. And ill end it there. Please read all the comments "try to" i know its hard reading my errors,they are that bad...

Anyways,

You guys need to focus on the issue at hand. From my understanding you two are more focused of judging people than getting to the main point of the discussion.

I will be kind enough to remind you (or maybe i should use my first language?), the points of the discussion is to cretic the educational system and its effects on the graduates as a whole.

Yes, of course you are being judged but nothing like what you'll get from a potential employer.

You need some remedial education in the use of your own language. Every one of your posts is full of errors in syntax, spelling and punctuation. There's no "s" on the end of the word "anyway" and I have no idea what the word "cretic" means but the bottom lines here seems to be this:

You chose your major. Now go out into the world and make something of yourself.

Here is the thing, your college degree is your own responsibility. You decide the course of study and what electives to take.

If you choose to get a degree in Art History, then you probably won't make a lot of money. Yes, the degrees should cost the same. It is not up to the university to hold your hand and make sure you select a course of study that will get you the highest salary after graduation.

So you are Gen X. No surprise to hear you did that.

I'm barely Gen X, but yes I am. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the last generation who rode bicycles without helmets. LOL

The problem with today's generation is best summed up when you look at their sports/competition and everybody gets a trophy. It doesn't matter if you came in last place--you're still a winner. That attitude is conditioning them throughout growing up now, and it's hard to reach them because of it.

They've been completely coddled and handed everything they have on a silver platter. I wasn't a perfect student by any means, and I earned plenty of poor grades (from not doing my work basically), I never blamed my teacher(s) for my grades.

This generation will ask me why they only got a "C" on an assignment instead of an "A"--because they're conditioned to think that trying is enough and wins the trophy. When I try to explain to them that if they will earn an "A" when they hand in "A" quality work. That answer usually frustrates them. However that's what the "real world" is like.

/rant LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back