The Future of Colleges: Worth it or Not?

Gen0

Rookie
Jun 28, 2015
Milky Way Galaxy
I recently graduated from a 4 year college and ask my self this question often.Was college really worth the time,money, and effort and did i learn anything of value to prepare me for the real world?

My Topic for discussion starts off by introducing the issue of schools being business more than educational institutions.

Should there be more control on schools to make sure students are getting their moneys worth? should an engineering degree cost the same as an arts degree when there's a huge different in pay between the two majors?

I recently graduated from a 4 year college and ask my self this question often.Was college really worth the time,money, and effort and did i learn anything of value to prepare me for the real world?

My Topic for discussion starts off by introducing the issue of schools being business more than educational institutions.

Should there be more control on schools to make sure students are getting their moneys worth? should an engineering degree cost the same as an arts degree when there's a huge different in pay between the two majors?

Considering the number of common, useless idiots they are turning out, college is in most cases not terribly cost effective. They'd be better off learning a trade.

Here's some of the advanced instruction offered at our fine liberal universities -

20 Completely Ridiculous College Courses Being Offered At U.S. Universities

You recently graduated and you don't know the answer to that? Go get a refund; you didn't learn anything.

You recently graduated and you don't know the answer to that? Go get a refund; you didn't learn anything.

I graduated in political science.

You also miss understood my statement of "learning anything of value" meaning money making degree. I never stated i never learned anything which you claimed.

Enough about me and focus on the topic at hand. Thats more important.

I graduated in [sic] political science [sic].

You also miss understood [sic] my statement of "learning anything of value" meaning money making [sic] degree. I never stated i [sic] never learned anything which you claimed [sic].

Enough about me and focus on the topic at hand [sic]. Thats [sic] more important.

Who the hell gave you a degree when you haven't even mastered the English language?

Should there be more control on schools to make sure students are getting their moneys worth?

Control by whom?
Controlled by the public,government, but by the businesses (the schools). Yes i view schools as business institutions at the current moment for the mail goal of the president of the schools is just that.

Once again in English, please.

Your right, so much for schools teachings. Shows how much education isnt about learning. its becoming more about profit.]

oh! i jsut realized mu auto correct, miss typeOs - no need to flame and hate

Considering the number of common, useless idiots they are turning out, college is in most cases not terribly cost effective. They'd be better off learning a trade.

Here's some of the advanced instruction offered at our fine liberal universities -

20 Completely Ridiculous College Courses Being Offered At U.S. Universities

I agree, trade schools is another option. The skills students learn while in a trade school will them find jobs quickly in their field. As for a graduate with biology might need to take further schooling and go deeper in to debt.

You also miss understood my statement of "learning anything of value" meaning money making degree. I never stated i never learned anything which you claimed.

If making money was your goal when you went to college and you majored in political science that's your first problem. Based on your incoherent posts I'm not surprised you haven't been able to make any use of your degree...I can only imagine what your resume looks like. I know if I was hiring somebody for a position and I saw the spelling/grammatical mistakes in your resume I'd toss it straight into the garbage.

Did you go to an accredited four year university? Serious question.

There's value going to college, sometimes it's financially, sometimes it's not. I graduated with a business degree-and I immediately got hired out of college to a good job (I eventually left corporate America for my mental sanity). I earned my MBA and I promise you that it made me a lot more money than it cost to acquire.

Last edited:

If making money was your goal when you went to college and you majored in political science that's your first problem. Based on your incoherent posts I'm not surprised you haven't been able to make any use of your degree...I can only imagine what your resume looks like. I know if I was hiring somebody for a position and I saw the spelling/grammatical mistakes in your resume I'd toss it straight into the garbage.

Did you go to an accredited four year university? Serious question.

There's value going to college, sometimes it's financially, sometimes it's not. I graduated with a business degree-and I immediately got hired out of college to a good job (I eventually left corporate America for my mental sanity). I earned my MBA and I promise you that it made me a lot more money than it cost to acquire.

I would love to discuss my self, as would anyone else. However i am not the center of the universe as you are. If you read correctly my intention was not to make money. And ill end it there. Please read all the comments "try to" i know its hard reading my errors,they are that bad...

Anyways,

You guys need to focus on the issue at hand. From my understanding you two are more focused of judging people than getting to the main point of the discussion.

I will be kind enough to remind you (or maybe i should use my first language?), the points of the discussion is to cretic the educational system and its effects on the graduates as a whole.

If you were stupid enough to spend the average 100k on a degree no it was not worth it.

Forum List

Back