‘The fuse is lit’: Dan Rather says Trump-Russia scandal is about to go off like a bomb

Veteran CBS News anchor Dan Rather wrote on Facebook Thursday that the scandal over Pres. Donald Trump’s personal and political connections to the Russian government and those of his aides is like a bomb with a lit fuse.

“Every once in a while in Washington, the fuse is lit for what seems to be a big scandal,” said Rather. “Much more rarely does that fuse lead to an explosion of the magnitude we are seeing with Russia and the new Administration, and frankly the Republicans in Congress.”

With revelations that Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions apparently perjured himself regarding contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, another key Trump appointee appears to be on the verge of going down in flames like national security adviser Gen. Mike Flynn.

Flynn resigned last month after wiretaps on Kislyak’s phone revealed that he and Flynn had multiple conversations prior to the president’s inauguration that Flynn later lied about to the public and to Vice President Mike Pence.

“Sessions is but the latest person close to President Trump who seems to be ensnared in a story that is more worthy of Hollywood melodrama than the reality of the governance of our country. Democrats are calling for Sessions to resign, and this story could move very quickly,” said Rather on Facebook.

Translation: The left are busy manufacturing and throwing Molotov Cocktails at Trump in the hope of destroying his presidency.

It's not going to work. For every ginned up accusation you make, the Dems have left tweets, photos and documents showing themselves doing far worse.

It's funny how Rather got caught lying, as many others do when they forge documents.

They use modern word processors with FONTS that were NOT invented at the time the MEMO was supposedly wrtitten.

OOPS!!!! A "JOURNALIST" got BUSTED LYING THOUGH HIS TEETH.

Dan Rather is one of the original media lying snowflakes. As long as he can push his personal beliefs, he will lie without pause,
Are you telling us that Jeff Sessions never lied to Congress, never said that he had no contact with Russians?

I am saying that I don't believe Dan Rather because he is a pathological liar with a HORRIBLE track record of lying.

I don't know if Sessions lied. it look like he may have. I'm not carry water for that jackass Sessions. If he is a POS liar, then fire his ass, I don't give a shit.

Holder and Lynch should have been fired for lying and corruption BY OBAMA DOZENS of times.

Screw all corrupt politicians. They should be shot in the face and left in the street for buzzards to pick their corpses clean.

Thanks so much for sharing you opinions, since everyone of us has opinions as well as everyone of us have assholes, do you have any evidence that AG's Holder and/or Lynch lied? Or is you asshole showing?

It's funny how Rather got caught lying, as many others do when they forge documents.

They use modern word processors with FONTS that were NOT invented at the time the MEMO was supposedly wrtitten.

Dan Rather is one of the original media lying snowflakes. As long as he can push his personal beliefs, he will lie without pause,
Are you telling us that Jeff Sessions never lied to Congress, never said that he had no contact with Russians?

I am saying that I don't believe Dan Rather because he is a pathological liar with a HORRIBLE track record of lying.

I don't know if Sessions lied. it look like he may have. I'm not carry water for that jackass Sessions. If he is a POS liar, then fire his ass, I don't give a shit.

Holder and Lynch should have been fired for lying and corruption BY OBAMA DOZENS of times.

Screw all corrupt politicians. They should be shot in the face and left in the street for buzzards to pick their corpses clean.

Thanks so much for sharing you opinions, since everyone of us has opinions as well as everyone of us have assholes, do you have any evidence that AG's Holder and/or Lynch lied? Or is you asshole showing?

Holder F&F.

The House voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over his failure to turn over documents related to the Fast and Furious scandal, the first time Congress has taken such a dramatic move against a sitting Cabinet official. That was June 28, 2012.

Lynch tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton was corrupt as shit. She shouldn't have met off the record with the husband of someone under a DOJ investigation. Bill Clinton appointed her as US attorney for the Eastern District of New York in 1999 while he was President.

Do you want to go ahead and suck a bag of dicks now, or save them for later?

Last edited:

Holder F&F.

The House voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over his failure to turn over documents related to the Fast and Furious scandal, the first time Congress has taken such a dramatic move against a sitting Cabinet official. That was June 28, 2012.

Lynch tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton was corrupt as shit. She shouldn't have met off the record with the husband of someone under a DOJ investigation. Bill Clinton appointed her as US attorney for the Eastern District of New York in 1999 while he was President.

F&F was an initiative under GWB; Clinton said hello and did so in public; Sessions said hello, and lied about it.

We don't know what either Clinton or Sessions spoke about, but that matters not.

There are dicks and dicks and assholes, you are an asshole and a brainless partisan hack.

It turns out Jeff Sessions used campaign funds to pay for trips that included the Russian meetings

When embarrassment-to-the-country Jeff Sessions isn’t perjuring himself in front of the United States Senate, he’s just a liar. When he’s not lying, he’s sitting around waiting for more bombshell news to drop about how much of a bullshit artist he is.

The Trump administration says Attorney General Jeff Sessions was acting as a then-U.S. senator when he talked to Russia’s ambassador at an event during last year’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland, but Mr. Sessions paid for convention travel expenses out of his own political funds and he spoke about Donald Trump’s campaign at the event, according to a person at the event and campaign-finance records.

Oh Jefferson. Anything else you want to “remember” to tell us?

Maybe Dan is right for once in his life and the bomb is about to blow up. Right in the face of the dims trying to light the fuse.

Thanks so much for sharing, you enlighten and prove every day how correct I've been in assessing your character and level of intelligence. You make the Idiot-Grams of others appear substantive and thoughtful.

Holder F&F.

What was Obama's involvement in F&F?

Hmm....

Why did Obama invoke executive privilege if he did nothing wrong?

Media are whores.

Veteran CBS News anchor Dan Rather wrote on Facebook Thursday that the scandal over Pres. Donald Trump’s personal and political connections to the Russian government and those of his aides is like a bomb with a lit fuse.

“Every once in a while in Washington, the fuse is lit for what seems to be a big scandal,” said Rather. “Much more rarely does that fuse lead to an explosion of the magnitude we are seeing with Russia and the new Administration, and frankly the Republicans in Congress.”

With revelations that Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions apparently perjured himself regarding contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, another key Trump appointee appears to be on the verge of going down in flames like national security adviser Gen. Mike Flynn.

Flynn resigned last month after wiretaps on Kislyak’s phone revealed that he and Flynn had multiple conversations prior to the president’s inauguration that Flynn later lied about to the public and to Vice President Mike Pence.

“Sessions is but the latest person close to President Trump who seems to be ensnared in a story that is more worthy of Hollywood melodrama than the reality of the governance of our country. Democrats are calling for Sessions to resign, and this story could move very quickly,” said Rather on Facebook.

Yes, it's about to explode right on the faces of the idiots who perpetuated the absurd conspiracy theory.

Tick, tock...

Dan Rather is correct on this.
The Ides of March are approaching for Donald Trump.

So he lied about other stuff...but Rather is being honest now? Dan Rather is desperately trying to be relevant once again after being exposed for what he really is...a partisan ideologue...more than willing to bend the truth like a pretzel if it furthers his own liberal narratives!
Trump might have to sell Melania into a Russian Whore House just to save his Presidency.

So he lied about other stuff...but Rather is being honest now? Dan Rather is desperately trying to be relevant once again after being exposed for what he really is...a partisan ideologue...more than willing to bend the truth like a pretzel if it furthers his own liberal narratives!
Trump might have to sell Melania into a Russian Whore House just to save his Presidency.

Very odious and uncalled for. I believe trump is unfit to be POTUS, he's fair game, leave his family out of it!

/---- Disgraced and fired Dan Blather? The one who used counterfeit docs to frame GWB? That Dan Blather??? Bwhahaha bwhahaha bwhahaha

This aint about Rather, Homer, its about the corrupt Rump administration

/---- Bot about Rather??? Bwhahaha bwhahaha bwhahaha You desperate tool

Very odious and uncalled for. I believe trump is unfit to be POTUS, he's fair game, leave his family out of it!
Look who's begging for charity!!!! Trump enjoys talking about the handicap.

George Bush is being liked by liberals and laughing his ass off at Dan Rather.

Forum List

Back