The End of ALL Entitlements

People died of poverty all the time before entitlements and probably die now because of poverty.

At one point I was getting videos on Facebook from someone who went interviewing homeless people in the US.... It happens. Just because you don't see.

Also, the NHS in the UK costs less per capita than what the US federal govt spends on healthcare.

And that gets most people NOTHING.
Homelessness is an impoverished state resulting from gross negligence of personal accountability and decision making. That is NOT a valid example.

The average is 7.5 times as much as they put in (including interest).
Which is how it was designed. They never intended for it to be something where people save their own money. It was always intended to be a safety net where people provide for the well being of people who are too old or disabled to provide for themselves. By the time you retire the money you put in the social security is largely gone. You are using the younger generations money at that point.

Let me add that I have no problem with donating money to help the homeless, and I have done so in the past (I've also donated my time). But you cannot help those who refuse to help themselves. A sizeable percentage of them live for nothing more than their next fix or their next drink. And, yes, still others are mentally ill. The problem with helping the mentally ill is that except in extreme cases, you cannot force help upon them. For the addicts, they die not from poverty but from willful, chronic misconduct. They die from stupidity and immaturity. And I reject that taxpayer money must be used to subsidize such behavior. A line must be drawn SOMEWHERE in the sand.

Which is how it was designed. They never intended for it to be something where people save their own money. It was always intended to be a safety net where people provide for the well being of people who are too old or disabled to provide for themselves. By the time you retire the money you put in the social security is largely gone. You are using the younger generations money at that point.
Send not for a doctor, but for an elder of the church (Scripture quote). And how much money was wasted managing a program that individuals could have done for free? SS must fail. The economics don't lie. In the end, everyone will be tasked with saving their own money. And that is not a bad thing -- even if many end up doing it badly. This nation needs to grow up

Bush wanted to try that with a fraction of the SS withholding…It triggered the left.

Bush gave it to illegal aliens, and of course 'privatizing' it is merely code for letting Wall Street swindlers embezzle it.

Social Security is fine; just pay back what was 'borrowed' from it to build the interstate highway system and used for everything but Social Security, like the regular bailouts of the wealthy and middle classes every 7 to 10 years since the technocrats decided to do away with anti-trust enforcement and allowing chain stores and off-shoring to run unrestrained. Now we rely on real estate and consumer debt bubbles for an 'economy', and peddling the bullshit that we're all going to get rich selling each other Apple and Nvidia stock n stuff. Corporate welfare sucks up more govt. spending than any other source.

Okay, let me try again. What do you and/or Trump consider an "entitlement"?

And I honestly am not trying to be difficult, but Trump's statement was weird considering he is/was reportedly a billionaire so I find it beyond petty that someone of that stature would begrudge those of us who work for a living as wage earners, the payoffs that we've contributed to throughout our lives.
Anything other than what is in the Constitution is an entitlement. It should be left to States to tax the shit out of it's citizens to provide these programs.

What we will never see is right wingers advocating for real free markets, since that would mean most of them would go bankrupt quickly. They want to privatize profits while socializing the costs of doing business. They also feel entitled to cheap labor, and the govt. should provide them with it. The govt. is also supposed to train their employee pool for them as well.

If our current federal and state government were compelled to limit their spending to the outlays type done by those governments in 1920, what would America look like from cultural standpoint in 20 years?

Haiti

decline of the church in the mid-sixties coincides with the broadening of government social welfare programs.

Which came first, did the church decline so the Govt stepped in or was it the other way around?

Cut off the EBT and watch the fire spread.

It would hit every corner of the country too in ways you might not expect.....There would not be a "Dollar Store" open in a week, same with other businesses that have made EBT a large part of their business model.

The "system" went down for a day in Virginia a year or so ago and you would have thought the world was ending.

Do the credit card system next. ;)

Do away with inheritances and see how many big allegedly self made heroes are left standing. lol

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
I am curious to hear from all of you in response to the following hypothetical question:

If all entitlements were to end tomorrow, what do you think would be the state of our culture and economy in ten years?

By the way, under this notion, American citizens would receive compensation to direct contribution programs such as Social Security, but ONLY to the amount each individual paid into that program. And I apologize in advance if this type of thread is posted in the wrong forum of this site.
It's a very bad idea when a government cheats it's own citizens. Our government has used Social Security as it's piggy bank to rob from so much , they can't even keep track of how much they've borrowed out of it , nevermind the interest owed on that money. The system would have no problem with funding had they not robbed from it.

Forum List

Back