The Education of Stephanie Grace at Harvard

Yes, Stephanie -- blacks are genetically less intelligent than whites. You mention the possibility at your peril.

American Renaissance News: The Education of Stephanie Grace

According to the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, Human Genome Program,

DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.

I read the part about "Women being less skilled at mathematics" and lol'd.

I'm about to head to my 300 level math course that is predominately female. My wife holds a Ph'D in Mathematics, as do I. Some of the leading researchers in my field are women. My field of mathematical research is named for a female mathematician.

So once that came up, I stopped taking anything else in there seriously.

Yes, Stephanie -- blacks are genetically less intelligent than whites. You mention the possibility at your peril.

American Renaissance News: The Education of Stephanie Grace

According to the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, Human Genome Program,

DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.

Grace should stick to the law and stay out of genetics, because her attempts at sounding intelligent on this issue end up sounding like the typical pseudoscientific bullshit that has been tossed about time and again to marginalize one group of people based on the phenotype du' joir.

We know the genetics, histology, biochemistry, and physiology behind skin pigmentation. We don't have a clue about intelligence, let alone know enough to make any sort of categorical statements about the matter. Joyce, if you think otherwise, feel free to provide some peer reviewed literature that supports your position.

Once again, Grace is not a scientist and it shows.

I'm about to head to my 300 level math course that is predominately female. My wife holds a Ph'D in Mathematics, as do I. Some of the leading researchers in my field are women. My field of mathematical research is named for a female mathematician.

Hey man, Stephanie Grace is about to be a lawyer, yo. That means from the mouth of God to her ears and then out of her ass, I mean mouth.

My wife just finished law school, I am friends with more of her friends than people I go to med school with. However, one thing I've noticed is a difference in mentality between the math and science folk and the legal people. In the law, truth and facts are a matter of how well you argue something.

Science is about the data and numbers. So, I am not shocked that a law student would make an absolutely bombastic statement (scientifically speaking) that she could in no way support with any sort of scientific study and then try and argue the point.

And, let's broaden the concept:

It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach. A human hair can hold 3 kg. The length of the penis is three times the length of the thumb. The femur is as hard as concrete. A woman's heart beats faster than a man's. Women blink twice as much as men. We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand...... The woman has read this entire text. The man is still looking at his thumb.

It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach. A human hair can hold 3 kg. The length of the penis is three times the length of the thumb. The femur is as hard as concrete. A woman's heart beats faster than a man's. Women blink twice as much as men. We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand...... The woman has read this entire text. The man is still looking at his thumb.

Yeah, that one got me the first time I read it too.

Yeah, that one got me the first time I read it too.

Enough already: how many times are you going to measure your thumb?

Enough already: how many times are you going to measure your thumb?

Like I said "the first time I read it". Do you stare at guy's thumbs when you go out?

Anyways;

I think Grace is a bigot. It's her right to be a bigot in this country.

My beef is in her trying to co-opt science to support her bigotry. Especially with facts that just aren't there.

I needed a good laugh. Thanks.

I needed a good laugh. Thanks.

Well, in that case, and along the same lines:

Eleven people were hanging on a rope,
under a rescue helicopter.
10 men and 1 woman.
The rope was not strong enough to carry them
all, so they decided that one had to leave
because otherwise they were all going to fall.
They weren't able to choose that person,
until the woman gave a very touching speech.
She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope, because,
as a woman, she was used to giving up everything for her
husband and kids or for men in general, and was
used to always making sacrifices with little in return.
As soon as she finished her speech,
all the men started clapping ......

Tell that one to the wife.

Grace should stick to the law and stay out of genetics, because her attempts at sounding intelligent on this issue end up sounding like the typical pseudoscientific bullshit that has been tossed about time and again to marginalize one group of people based on the phenotype du' joir.

We know the genetics, histology, biochemistry, and physiology behind skin pigmentation. We don't have a clue about intelligence, let alone know enough to make any sort of categorical statements about the matter. Joyce, if you think otherwise, feel free to provide some peer reviewed literature that supports your position.

This.

While her email was painful to read, it was clear that she had no idea what she was talking about.

What's funny is that the professional and academic racists will be the first to say shit. They always are.

This.

While her email was painful to read, it was clear that she had no idea what she was talking about.

Grace apparently thinks she can make scientific fact by couching her argument in the appropriate rhetoric.

She sounds like an idiot to anyone that knows anything about genetics.

Forum List

Back