The Economy

Has the economy improved since Obama took office?

• Yes

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • About the same

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
When Obama took office Real GDP was 100.697 (chained, 2005=100 figures)

Real GDP today is 107.459.

and the Fed is responsible for 99.99% of that

The Fed can increase Real GDP?

Frank, how positively Marxist of you.

I'm not a supporter of it, it's not "real" GDP, Bernanke has been as bad as Obama.

He's trying so hard not to cause another FDR Depression that he's got gas up to $4/gallon when we have the biggest glut (I think) ever

Also, why is Romney's plan to eliminate the features of "Obamacare" (National Health Care Reform Act) help anyone? Will it be a good thing to keep millions of Americans uninsured, allow health insurance companies to deny coverage based upon pre-existing conditions, and kick older children off from parent's health plans?

Can anyone believe it is a good thing to return to the "good old days" of health care prior to Obama?

The worst thing you can do is have Government in HC. As Predicted costs have only gone up with the intervention of Obamacare... Every measurement of "good" Obama and his team claimed Obamacare would have on the immediate front has failed horrifically.

HC costs go up because more people use it… More people use HC because they 1) pay almost nothing for it thanks to Medicare/Medicaid and 2) because people are fat due to overeating and sitting around all day, that’s the number 1 killing in America… So high costs are due to peoples own bad habits, costs should reflect that so people are forced to make better choices. I don’t know why so many liberal minded people hate evolution when it comes to humans.

The annual medical cost has been rising at abouy 14% per year, far outpacing inflation. This relects that health care rises without AHA inteference.

I think again context is needed. When things were in collapse people sucked in tight on everything, slowly markets came back to life that should have never sucked in so tightly, but again to me that was inevitable and not a sign of growth as much as it is a sign that we are at a bottom.

We maintain a very direct line of communication with our customers, they are all businesses building products for retail, medical and some military.

All of them are up 20-30% over 2007, we even have a few that went from being maybe a 20K a year account to being a 1M+ account (they're involved in LED lighting or solar).

Some still are holding onto money, but it is actually pretty funny watching them try.. They stretch out buying cycles as much as they can, but they are still spending more than ever.

An additional fact for B2B industries is that election years directly effect sales for that year, we actually forecast for it.

and the Fed is responsible for 99.99% of that

I'm not a supporter of it, it's not "real" GDP, Bernanke has been as bad as Obama.

He's trying so hard not to cause another FDR Depression that he's got gas up to $4/gallon when we have the biggest glut (I think) ever

The price has nothing to do with Oblama, it has all to do with manipulation and speculation by Wall Street and the oil companies.

Also, why is Romney's plan to eliminate the features of "Obamacare" (National Health Care Reform Act) help anyone? Will it be a good thing to keep millions of Americans uninsured, allow health insurance companies to deny coverage based upon pre-existing conditions, and kick older children off from parent's health plans?

Can anyone believe it is a good thing to return to the "good old days" of health care prior to Obama?

The worst thing you can do is have Government in HC. As Predicted costs have only gone up with the intervention of Obamacare... Every measurement of "good" Obama and his team claimed Obamacare would have on the immediate front has failed horrifically.

HC costs go up because more people use it… More people use HC because they 1) pay almost nothing for it thanks to Medicare/Medicaid and 2) because people are fat due to overeating and sitting around all day, that’s the number 1 killing in America… So high costs are due to peoples own bad habits, costs should reflect that so people are forced to make better choices. I don’t know why so many liberal minded people hate evolution when it comes to humans.

The annual medical cost has been rising at abouy 14% per year, far outpacing inflation. This relects that health care rises without AHA inteference.

The AHA was claimed by Obama and his admin to have an immediate effect on costs by bringing them down while creating millions of jobs. Again, people are killing themselves... As long as they feel they can take medication for literally being fat then people won't change habits that cost the nation hundreds of billions of debt a year.

The price has nothing to do with Oblama, it has all to do with manipulation and speculation by Wall Street and the oil companies.

Now I don't wana play the Bush card here but when Bush was in power you couldn't sell that argument to a group of liberal minded people if your life depended on it... In fact the whole reason we were in Afghanistan was for oil, the way Obama expanded.

The AHA was claimed by Obama and his admin to have an immediate effect on costs by bringing them down while creating millions of jobs. Again, people are killing themselves... As long as they feel they can take medication for literally being fat then people won't change habits that cost the nation hundreds of billions of debt a year.

I agree with this, but then we get into an entirely new topic of conversation--such as,

Are Americans unhealthy because of their enslavement to an economic system that provides them little free time, no money for vacations or recreation, and poor access to good quality food?

I think that's a possibility. I think it is no quirk that the most impoverished folks with the worst jobs tend to be the most phsyically unfit.

Now I don't wana play the Bush card here but when Bush was in power you couldn't sell that argument to a group of liberal minded people if your life depended on it... In fact the whole reason we were in Afghanistan was for oil, the way Obama expanded.

What-ever. you can sell that can of worms to the RW's but not me.

Last edited:

What-ever. you can sell that can of worms to the RW's but not me.
there is no oil to pump in Afghanistan

You missed my point... I don't honestly know what drives the price of oil and I also honestly don't care. If gas is 8$ I drive far less, I don't demand a President forces a price down.

I agree with this, but then we get into an entirely new topic of conversation--such as,

Are Americans unhealthy because of their enslavement to an economic system that provides them little free time, no money for vacations or recreation, and poor access to good quality food?

I think that's a possibility. I think it is no quirk that the most impoverished folks with the worst jobs tend to be the most phsyically unfit.

Well I'm glad we agree but you are correct, it would be a whole new debate as to why health for individuals is so unimportant or hard to achieve on that personal level.

But my point still stands, and my wife is a Pharmacist. Fat people have driven the HC costs up, not evil insurance companies. Demand caused the prices up... If more people weren’t on stuff for blood pressure, depression, and 3 other thing all caused by obesity then HI companies couldn't chare their rates, fact. Also fact, making HI/HC MORE availiable for people will only drive costs up.

Anyways I have to admit this has been a fun, civil is a very rare kind of debate in these forums... but I'm out for a bit. Take care guys.

Also, how will Romney's planned tax changes that will effectively increase taxes on lower- and middle-income Amercans improve the economy?

tell us what his tax changes are and link them please.

I understand he intends to cut the top marginal rates. Correct? If he does that without increasing revenue elsewhere, the deficits will increase. So, tell me where this extra money will come from.

Or does he just plan on running higher deficits, ala Bush?

Hmmm....I am beginning to think you are a poser.
I have been a Freemason for over 20 years and I have never met a single one in all these years who embrace progressive liberalism.

tell us what his tax changes are and link them please.

Did you answer this question mr. freemason9?

TPC Tax Topics | romney-plan

I object to your sig line. I'm a "birther". I don't believe Obama was legally qualified to become president. I'm not on your list.

BTW, even IF Obama was born in Hawaii, he was adopted by his step father in Indonesia and had Indonesian citizenship. He claimed to be a "citizen of the world". IMO that makes him unqualified for being our president. Especially if he went to Pakistan on an Indonesian passport after the age of majority since Indonesia doesn't accept dual citizenship. That means he would have had to give up his American citizenship to get that passport.

Forum List

Back