Ryan stretches the truth in speech

Actually, when the "real" fact checkers check for facts, they see Ryans statements were not a stretch at all. Still watching BSNBC? lol.

RYAN: Said Obama misled people in Ryan's hometown of Janesville, Wis., by making them think a General Motors plant there threatened with closure could be saved. "A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: 'I believe that if our government is there to support you ... this plant will be here for another hundred years.' That's what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year."

THE FACTS: The plant halted production in December 2008, weeks before Obama took office and well before he enacted a more robust auto industry bailout that rescued GM and Chrysler and allowed the majority of their plants — though not the Janesville facility — to stay in operation. Ryan himself voted for an auto bailout under President George W. Bush that was designed to help GM, but he was a vocal critic of the one pushed through by Obama that has been widely credited with revitalizing both GM and Chrysler.

FACT CHECK: Ryan takes factual shortcuts in speech - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
Fact Check.....is probably some front company paid for by Soros the Jew hating Jew.

Actually, when the "real" fact checkers check for facts, they see Ryans statements were not a stretch at all. Still watching BSNBC? lol.

I heard it from fux...

Paul Ryan

Lie about him all you want but you can't stop him from adding more lies and you certainly can't bury his anti-American voting history.

Paul Ryan is the gift that just keeps on giving.

:lol::lol::lol:

RYAN: Said Obama misled people in Ryan's hometown of Janesville, Wis., by making them think a General Motors plant there threatened with closure could be saved. "A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: 'I believe that if our government is there to support you ... this plant will be here for another hundred years.' That's what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year."

THE FACTS: The plant halted production in December 2008, weeks before Obama took office and well before he enacted a more robust auto industry bailout that rescued GM and Chrysler and allowed the majority of their plants — though not the Janesville facility — to stay in operation. Ryan himself voted for an auto bailout under President George W. Bush that was designed to help GM, but he was a vocal critic of the one pushed through by Obama that has been widely credited with revitalizing both GM and Chrysler.

And what did Obama do to reopen the plant when government had control of GM?

And then he added to his pile of lies by repeating Mittens' lie -

Paul Ryan Misleads With GM Plant Closure Tale

I had no idea this would be so much fun!

Obama lied ... not Ryan.

exactly where is the lie? The plant closed down well before 100 years AND the government was there to support them...

Seems to me Obama was trhe one who was misleading when he told them that government support will keep the plant open for 100 years.

Jarhead -

Ryan lied by not pointing out that the plant closed before Obama took office. How the hell was Obama supposed to stop it closing if he wasn't in office?

What next?

Are you going to blame Truman for dropping the nuke on Japan?

And then he added to his pile of lies by repeating Mittens' lie -

Paul Ryan Misleads With GM Plant Closure Tale

I had no idea this would be so much fun!

Obama lied ... not Ryan.

Obama : In Janesville 2008 "And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. "

Why hasn't the Obama admin supported them by now? Because it was already too late? ahahahahaahah. Keep on lying.

Obamination was too busy parting the seas, walking on water and healing the sick to fix that GM plant....he left it to his union goons he put in charge of GM.

Jarhead -

Ryan lied by not pointing out that the plant closed before Obama took office. How the hell was Obama supposed to stop it closing if he wasn't in office?

What next?

Nowhere did he say that Obama was responsible for the closing of the plant.

If you listened to his speech and the speech of many at the convention, their criticism is not necessarily of Obama himself...but of the idea that Government can cure all and therfore should intervene in all.

Now...Obama told those folks back in 2008 that with government intervention, the plant will stay open for 100 years. In essence, he was campaigning on the platform of "large government"

Well....government intervened and the plant closed anyway.

Ryan did not blame Obama....he pointed out that the ideology is INCORRECT.

Jarhead -

What next?

You haven't heard?

Obama did that too. Before he was born.

You know, just like he planted those TWO birth announcements in TWO different Honolulu newspapers and still made it back to Kenya, which didn't exist then, in time to be born there.

Forum List

Back