The Economy

Has the economy improved since Obama took office?

• Yes

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • About the same

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
I picked about the same. And my choice is a reflection of my business receipts over the last 4 years as compared to the previous 4 years.

• Banned
Improvement has been slight.
And 4 years previous does not count. Your question was since Obama took office.

Yes. Since Obama took office.

And by "no", that should read "it's gotten worse".

For the wealthy whose primary income is capital gains, things are much improved since Obama took office.

For everyone else...life's a bitch. If you lost your job at any point, you are either still unemployed or lesser employed than you were before.

I don't see how anyone in that shape could possibly vote for Obama, but never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

If I can't base it off of history then I would change my vote to its gotten worse. Growth is natural stagnation is not.

But stagnation is all we have for us with the path as laid out before Obama, and he has kept to the path as well.

you mgith as well say life sucks and we kept it that way go team!!!!!!!!!!!

If I can't base it off of history then I would change my vote to its gotten worse. Growth is natural stagnation is not.

But stagnation is all we have for us with the path as laid out before Obama, and he has kept to the path as well.

Now look who is talking about before and after =D

When Obama took office Real GDP was 100.697 (chained, 2005=100 figures)

Real GDP today is 107.459.

GDP means nothing when you dump trillions on the markets. By next week Obama can get GDP growth if he dumped 300 billion in another QE. “The economy” to me is a collective, not looking at one set of numbers and ignoring why those numbers are what they are. So there was slight growth with an added 7 trillion in debt over 3 and a half years… That’s about as bad as the US economy has ever been in it’s history.

Another example would be the UE rate. This also pertains to the economy so it’s not off base. The UE rate goes down yet people actually without a job goes up. Now if you look at the UE # and say “this are better” but don’t take the context of how you got that number (counted 300,000 that fall off UE every month) then you get what we have today, UE going down with 80k jobs created despite that being a flat out impossibility when you consider population growth.

So my answer is no, the economy is not better. At best people have become used to a crappy situation.

And Gramps actually nailed it, stagnation = worse.

Last edited:
The economy has demonstrably improved because job losses have stopped, housing foreclosures have turned around, and the financial system is no longer in danger of imminent collapse.

But things can't get better, either, because middle class wages are declining and all the money is being transferred to the rich fuckers. With the kind of astounding wealth concentrations that have occured in the U.S. since "supply side" economics destroyed the middle class, there can be no recovery.

The economy has demonstrably improved because job losses have stopped, housing foreclosures have turned around, and the financial system is no longer in danger of imminent collapse.

But things can't get better, either, because middle class wages are declining and all the money is being transferred to the rich fuckers. With the kind of astounding wealth concentrations that have occured in the U.S. since "supply side" economics destroyed the middle class, there can be no recovery.

They reported about 374 thousand job losses this morning lunatic of a liar.

The economy is lots of different factors, most of them point downward ... No, it has not improved. Certain numbers may say otherwise, but the true strength of an economy is how the people feel ... If the are comfortable with the direction and path of the country, they will spend and invest and no matter what the numbers say, the economy will begin to reflect that feeling and start to grow. Where there are questions about the path and future of the country, people save and get ulta-conservative with their money and the economy slows as a result.

Can anyone tell me what "regulations" Romney plans to eliminate that will magically create a net increase in jobs? I mean, I want to hear one specific example.

Also, how will Romney's planned tax changes that will effectively increase taxes on lower- and middle-income Amercans improve the economy?

Forum List

Back