The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

Lol. This is hilarious. Sorry, you don't get special privileges to discriminate because you are a religious person. You just don't. :lol:

I do when it has been defined as sin for hundreds of years and it attacks a basic tenet of proper relationships between adults.

Lol. This is hilarious. Sorry, you don't get special privileges to discriminate because you are a religious person. You just don't. :lol:

I see your point, the Constitution is silent regarding protection of religion...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Yes, it is, if one is not free to choose one's customers.

The PA laws address why you cannot "choose" your customers in the manner you wish to. Grow up.
Does this mean the feds are going to start raiding marijuana sellers in Colorado?

What does that have to do with state PA laws?
If you're going to argue that breaking the law is wrong then the feds ought to be shutting down CO's pot industry, which is contrary to federal law.
Or is that somehow different?

I would say that is a wholly different issue.
The feds aren't coming to shut you down for not baking a cake.
They are comin to shut you down for violating the law.
Tha'ts been the argument from P1 on this thread: The bakers violated the law and ought to pay for it. But citizens selling pot in CO are violating the law too and somehow that's fine.
The hypocrisy is disgusting.

Wrong. They simply opted not to participate in sacrilege. The state can't force them to participate in sacrilege, nor can they tell them what does, and what doesn't, constitute sacrilege.

Haven't you heard of separation of church and state, statist?

No, of course you haven't, lol.
What sacrilege? There is nothing in the Bible prohibiting baking a wedding cake. You fundi's are fucking insane. :thup:
Gads you people are so easy. That's what being stupid gets you, I suppose.

Again. You don't dictate what is, and what isn't, sacrilege. Nor does the state.
Moron, I've already given you an example where a state did exactly what you idiotically think they cannot do. :cuckoo: Religion is not a shield from the law. Damn, are you idiots idiotic.

Again. In our country, the state cannot dictate what is, and what isn't sacrilege. And that is not what happened in any state in the US. You really need to look these words up, lol.
You remain a moron as I've shown you where the state has done just that...

The leader of a church was sentenced to 35 years in jail for possession of marijuana despite his defense on religious grounds.

Coptic Priest Given 35-Year Sentence For Conspiring To Smuggle Marijuana

You people need to die off. How can anyone this stupid possibly be smart enough to breathe? I know you aren't smart enough to support yourself...once we cut off the government tit, you'll all starve. Thank god. I just hope you cannibalize each other first. I'd pay money to watch.

I do when it has been defined as sin for hundreds of years and it attacks a basic tenet of proper relationships between adults.

That is your personal religious opinion, and you are entitled to it, but the law is secular and sees everyone as equals.

No, the baker is placed in involuntary servitude.

You are a leftist, thus dedicated to the eradication of civil rights, so the act of placing enemies of the party in defacto slavery pleases you.

Defacto slavery? Involuntary servitude?
I think if you offer your services to the public then your servitude is quite voluntary.
Another word you people don't understand, apparently.

I'm beginning to think the whole problem with totalitarians is that they just don't know what the words they use, mean.

Really?
Selling goods to people in the business that you built to sell goods to people is involuntary servitude?

Yes, it is, if one is not free to choose one's customers.

The PA laws address why you cannot "choose" your customers in the manner you wish to. Grow up.

So PA made a law which violates the 1st Amendment, and you defend it.

What a tool.

And as liberals crow with pride about this they miss the fact that these people are being denied two constitutional rights.

Freedom to practice religion and freedom of speech.

Good job. Idiots.

Remember: Tolerance is not enough. You.Will.Comply.

Really?
Selling goods to people in the business that you built to sell goods to people is involuntary servitude?

If they are people you don't want to sell to.

I have bought a hamburger. I am a consumer of burgers. Using the totalitarian logic of you democrats, McDonald's can sue my for buying my burger from In & Out rather than from them - for discriminating against shitty food.

Free people decide who they will buy from, or sell to. Slaves do as they are commanded.

And as liberals crow with pride about this they miss the fact that these people are being denied two constitutional rights.

Good job. Idiots.
No, they are still free to practice their religion.

I see your point, the Constitution is silent regarding protection of religion...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Nobody is restricting your right to practice your religion. You are free to attend any church and be any religion you choose. What you cannot do is apply your prejudices to your business practices because the law does not recognize your religion in this case. It recognizes the civil rights of people. The only way your argument makes sense is if we were a theocracy.

What verse of the Gospels specifically revokes the Mosaic Dietary laws?

Because no one told the Seventh Day Adventists.

Hebrews 8:13
Love those conflicts, eh?

New International Version
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

New Living Translation

I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

English Standard Version

For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

New American Standard Bible

"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

King James Bible

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

For I assure you: Until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or one stroke of a letter will pass from the law until all things are accomplished.

International Standard Version

because I tell all of you with certainty that until heaven and earth disappear, not one letter or one stroke of a letter will disappear from the Law until everything has been accomplished.

The shellacking you took yesterday wasn't enough? Once again, you are Biblical illiterate and not to be taken serious on such matters
[emoji38]

You shellacked nobody, fruitcake.

Yeah I did....asshole. You didn't know a Covenant from a Testament. You were child's play. Now scram, moron
Such lovely Christian behavior...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

That is your personal religious opinion, and you are entitled to it, but the law is secular and sees everyone as equals.

Really? Is that why we have all sorts of laws granting special rights to consideration on jobs, education and taxes? It is simple redistribution of rights.

Where does the Bible state, thou shalt not bake a cake for thine woman who lieth with another woman?

Actually eating shellfish isn't an abomination, and never was for the Gentiles. They quote Mosaic ceremonial and dietary laws that were long done away with by the New Covenant. It's hilarious to hang them out in the wind with it

What verse of the Gospels specifically revokes the Mosaic Dietary laws?

Because no one told the Seventh Day Adventists.

Hebrews 8:13

Okay, here's where I'm going to call Shenanigans on you.

First and foremost, I asked "Which VERSE OF THE GOSPELS" revoked the Mosaic Dietary Laws.

Because the epistle of the Hebrews was not written by Jesus and it is doubtful that it was even written by Paul.

By the end of the first century there was not a consensus over the author’s identity. Clement of Rome, Barnabas, the Apostle Paul, and other names were proposed. Others later suggested Luke the Evangelist, Apollos and Priscilla as possible authors.[11]

Though no author is named, the original King James Version of the Bible titled the work "The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews". However, the KJV's attribution to Paul was only a guess, and not a very good one according to the majority of recent scholarship.[5] Its vastly different style, different theological focus, different spiritual experience—all are believed to make Paul's authorship of Hebrews increasingly indefensible. At present, neither modern scholarship nor church teaching ascribes Hebrews to Paul.

Where did JESUS himself say, "Yeah, that stuff my Dad said about the Shrimp, that's totally not valid anymore."

Furthermore, let's look at what that verse actually says...

8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Okay, then He really doesn't say anything specific about any specific laws.

Now, if you want to go to the Gospel.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).

wow. That sounds pretty clear to me. Sounds to me the ban on Shrimp Eating is just as Iron-Clad as the rules on Slavery, Witch-Burning and Homosexuality.

The only difference is, "Christians" claim those rules (except for the ones on the gays) are no longer binding, even though nothing in the bible overturns any of them.

Not Jesus.
Not Paul
Not some guy pretending to be Paul.

You and your little friend are getting annoying, you two don't understand the Bible, neither of you knew the difference between Covenants and Testaments, you don't know what moral, ceremonial and Mosaic laws are and you're posting crap I have no intention of wading through. I take neither of you serious because you failed out of the gate, learn what you profess to know and then comment.
You obviously know neither the 613 mosaic laws, 7 of which are noahidic. And nowhere does a covenant supplant a law. As a matter of fact, most covenants enshrined the law even further. Poor you.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Good job. Idiots.
No, they are still free to practice their religion.
But if they refuse to commit sacrilege, they lose their business.

"...governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. — That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

Where does the Bible state, thou shalt not bake a cake for thine woman who lieth with another woman?

Did you look up the word "sacrament" yet?

How about "sacrilege"?

I already know you haven't.

"...Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Forum List

Back