The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

Just as they are wrong to discriminate against you because of your religious beliefs, you are wrong to discriminate against them. It's quite simple really. If an atheist cannot bring him or herself to bake a cake for a Christian or a Christian cannot bring him or herself to bake a cake for an atheist or a gay person, both are being discriminatory, and that is not going to fly anymore.

Well, too bad. Because we're not going away, and we are not bowing to your dictation on our lives. So, you gotta decide what you will do. Kill us? Fine us? Take away our lives, and our property? What will it be?

Because we are simply not going to cater to SSM. Sorry. It's just not going to happen.... Period. So do whatever you want, it's not changing us.

Nobody wants you to go away or kill you, you nut. Just don't break our secular laws and don't discriminate. If you feel you have to discriminate, then don't go into business for the public.

is it OK for muslims to discriminate?

A $135,000 fine was over kill and then to put gag order on the bakers? Total bullshit. People are getting weary of this crap and trust me the blow back isn't going to be pretty

What about the Christian woman who got $350,000?

I have no idea who you are talking about

Someone posted a link to that story, either on this thread or another.

I don't know and w/o knowing the details I can't form an opinion

Well, I'm just about getting ready to log off now because I have plans, so I don't have time to look for it. Maybe later, or maybe someone else will find it for you. :bye1: Anyway, the gist of it was that a Christian woman sued for discrimination and won $350,000.

then the bakers should have used that case as a precedent and counter sued.

It's time for business owners to stop discrimination based on race, religion, or sexual orientation, making public accommodations laws unnecessary, no need for repeal.

But as long as businesses owners seek to discriminate, public accommodations laws need to remain.

It's solely up to business owners.

Business owners have a right to discriminate, no matter how icky you find that clayton. It's exactly no different than gays have a right to marry no matter how icky other people may find it.

Stop being a hypocrite. Freedom means freedom. The government has ZERO authority to tell people they can't discriminate.
If you have a for-profit place of public accommodation -- open to the public, and you deny someone service based on their race or religion, for example, you'll likely soon find out much you have a right to discriminate.

which means the law needs to be removed. Just EXACTLY as the laws against same sex marriage were removed.

You people truly are stupid
Get right on it.

Maybe you can even encourage your GOP candidates to push for it and put it in the Republican party platform.

Snap to it! Get going...Push for it. Hard!

I do push for it, and I think these gay cases are going to push things to the limit and we're going to see some changes made.

I mean seriously, how stupid do you have to be believe that you have the right to force via law me to do business with you, rather than I have the right to choose whether or not to do business with you?

Further, how stupid do you have to be to think that a law that allows some discrimination whilst not allowing others is perfectly acceptable?

How "stupid" do you have to be to not understand the history of discrimination that made these laws necessary in the first place?
You do understand that they protect us all equally?

If you can't bring yourself to do it, then don't get into this type of business. Do something else. Simple. We don't tolerate discrimination anymore. This is 2015, and we aren't ignoramuses.

Spoken like a true Nazi. You're free in this country, so long as you do what the GAYstapo orders you to do. It's a wonder you can post such idiocies with absolutely no shame.

If you can't bring yourself to do it, then don't get into this type of business. Do something else. Simple. We don't tolerate discrimination anymore. This is 2015, and we aren't ignoramuses.

if you can't bring yourself to tolerate other religions.... don't come to this country. Go somewhere else. We don't discrimination against Christians anymore. This is 2015, and we aren't atheist bigots.

Nobody is discriminating against you. You are the one doing the discriminating.

A $135,000 fine was over kill and then to put gag order on the bakers? Total bullshit. People are getting weary of this crap and trust me the blow back isn't going to be pretty
They didn't place a "gag order" on them.

Ugh. The Labor Board simply stated Oregon LAW.

Learn.

THINK!

sweetcakes.jpg

Batshittians 3:42: "Because it was destiny that sweet cakes, Jeebus and 'ghey' would all belong within the same sentence one day in the land of Or, for the holy Spaghetti Monster foresaw it all with his longest noodle."​

Sweet Cakes final order Gresham bakery must pay 135 000 for denying service to same-sex couple OregonLive.com

Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian on Thursday ordered the owners of a former Gresham bakery to pay $135,000 in damages to a lesbian couple for refusing to make them a wedding cake.

Avakian's ruling upheld a preliminary finding earlier this year that the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa had discriminated against the women on the basis of their sexual orientation.

Bakery owners Melissa and Aaron Klein cited their Christian beliefs against same-sex marriage in denying service. The case ignited a long-running skirmish in the nation's culture wars, pitting civil rights advocates against religious freedom proponents who argued business owners should have the right to refuse services for gay and lesbian weddings.

Avakian's final order makes clear that serving potential customers equally trumps the Kleins' religious beliefs. Under Oregon law, businesses cannot discriminate or refuse service based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot turn customers away because of race, sex, disability, age or religion, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries said in a news release.

"This case is not about a wedding cake or a marriage," Avakian wrote. "It is about a business's refusal to serve someone because of their sexual orientation. Under Oregon law, that is illegal.

"Within Oregon's public accommodations law is the basic principle of human decency that every person, regardless of their sexual orientation, has the freedom to fully participate in society. The ability to enter public places, to shop, to dine, to move about unfettered by bigotry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, when do the cries of evil, evil, evil ZOG persecution begin?
And when will this all be Obama's fault?
And when does the GoFundMe account go up?
Anyone know how much delicious icing 135 K can buy?

No mudslinging, folks! But you may throw delicious icing. :D

I wouldnt pay them a dime. I would sue the gay couple for damages and compensation. It is they who forced a person against their religious belief.
Baking a cake isn't allowed in which religion?

Baking a cake for their wedding. Yeah, you're damned right I'd countersue that gay couple for millions.

sweetcakes.jpg

Batshittians 3:42: "Because it was destiny that sweet cakes, Jeebus and 'ghey' would all belong within the same sentence one day in the land of Or, for the holy Spaghetti Monster foresaw it all with his longest noodle."​

Sweet Cakes final order Gresham bakery must pay 135 000 for denying service to same-sex couple OregonLive.com

Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian on Thursday ordered the owners of a former Gresham bakery to pay $135,000 in damages to a lesbian couple for refusing to make them a wedding cake.

Avakian's ruling upheld a preliminary finding earlier this year that the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa had discriminated against the women on the basis of their sexual orientation.

Bakery owners Melissa and Aaron Klein cited their Christian beliefs against same-sex marriage in denying service. The case ignited a long-running skirmish in the nation's culture wars, pitting civil rights advocates against religious freedom proponents who argued business owners should have the right to refuse services for gay and lesbian weddings.

Avakian's final order makes clear that serving potential customers equally trumps the Kleins' religious beliefs. Under Oregon law, businesses cannot discriminate or refuse service based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot turn customers away because of race, sex, disability, age or religion, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries said in a news release.

"This case is not about a wedding cake or a marriage," Avakian wrote. "It is about a business's refusal to serve someone because of their sexual orientation. Under Oregon law, that is illegal.

"Within Oregon's public accommodations law is the basic principle of human decency that every person, regardless of their sexual orientation, has the freedom to fully participate in society. The ability to enter public places, to shop, to dine, to move about unfettered by bigotry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldnt pay them a dime. I would sue the gay couple for damages and compensation. It is they who forced a person against their religious belief.

Baking a cake for their wedding. Yeah, you're damned right I'd countersue that gay couple for millions.

They would lose their asses. That's like countersuing a cop for arresting you for drunk driving when you were shitfaced.

sweetcakes.jpg

Good luck, chump.

BTW: 1. They can appeal.
2. This wasn't lawsuit, hence, no countersuit.

What a sick, abusive, and scary mindset you have. Any decent, normal couple would have simply found another baker if they discovered that the first baker would find it offensive to make their wedding cake. No normal couple would have even considered filing a complaint against the first baker, much less trying to get him fined.

"If you're not gay, gay marriage won't affect you! So what do you care if gays get married?" Remember that argument?

Now we see gay rights nazis using gay marriage to punish any vendor who dares to decline to service their wedding on religious grounds.

Any decent normal business wouldn't refuse service to a gay couple. It takes a special brand of hatred to stand there and spit in the eye of someone who honors your business by asking for service.

If I were refused service because of discrimination, I'd sue. Unless this bakery is also refusing service to other classes of sinners, like adulterers, liars, thieves and blasphemers, all of which are specifically mentioned in the 10 Commandments, the bakers don't have a leg to stand on.

What a sick, abusive, and scary mindset you have. Any decent, normal couple would have simply found another baker if they discovered that the first baker would find it offensive to make their wedding cake. No normal couple would have even considered filing a complaint against the first baker, much less trying to get him fined.

"If you're not gay, gay marriage won't affect you! So what do you care if gays get married?" Remember that argument?

Now we see gay rights nazis using gay marriage to punish any vendor who dares to decline to service their wedding on religious grounds.

Any decent normal business wouldn't refuse service to a gay couple. It takes a special brand of hatred to stand there and spit in the eye of someone who honors your business by asking for service.

If I were refused service because of discrimination, I'd sue. Unless this bakery is also refusing service to other classes of sinners, like adulterers, liars, thieves and blasphemers, all of which are specifically mentioned in the 10 Commandments, the bakers don't have a leg to stand on.

How would they know they are adulterers, liars, thieves and blasphemers? LOL You stepped in it

sweetcakes.jpg

Good luck, chump.

2. This

It wasn't lawsuit, hence, no countersuit.

I don't care. I'd still file a civil suit to break them.

One of my favorite parts of this case -- is the owner of the bakery -- who called the two women "abominations unto the Lord" (the woman went in with her mother -- and were only there for literally a few minutes at the bakery)

the anti-gay baker -- sports a tattoo on his arm.

Which is -- an abomination unto the Lord.

One of my favorite parts of this case -- is the owner of the bakery -- who called the two women "abominations unto the Lord" (the woman went in with her mother -- and were only there for literally a few minutes at the bakery)

-- sports a tattoo on his arm.

No it's not, dope

sweetcakes.jpg

They would lose their asses. That's like countersuing a cop for arresting you for drunk driving when you were shitfaced.

Not if they had a good attorney.

sweetcakes.jpg

Good luck, chump.

2. This

It wasn't lawsuit, hence, no countersuit.

I don't care. I'd still file a civil suit to break them.
Go head.

You'd lose.

It'd be pure joy to see you lose your ass in Attorney's fees though.

Get right on it!

When a guy is banging someone that looks like a longhaired guy,

sweetcakes.jpg

Not if they had a good attorney.

Jesus Christ, there's an Oregon law on the books that explicitly prohibits them from doing what they did.

this kind of stuff help people reject homosexuals period. If they(homosexuals) don't start standing up for OTHERS in these witch hunts. Then they only have themselves to blame for the hate that people will have against them. It's sad but a fact of life. they can't keep pushing themselves off on the people in the country. They like Black people, they are being USED by others and should wake up to it.

You have it backwards. It's stuff like this which creates a backlash against Christian right wingers. The phrase "Christian right wingers" is really an oxymoron because Jesus was a person who stood up for the poor, the downtrodden, and the outcasts of society. He even stood up to those who were stoning an adulterer by saying "Let you who is without sin, cast the first stone".

I guess the phrase "Love one another as I have loved you" has no meaning to you. It is not very loving of these so-called Christians to refuse service to the gays.

No it's not, dope
So Leviticus 19:28 was just a toss away?

No it's not, dope

It's ceremonial law, directed towards the Jews and never was at Gentiles. Done away with when the New Covenant did away with the Old Covenant. Same as the dietary laws, that's why eating shellfish is no longer a sin and never was for Gentiles

No it's not, dope

It's ceremonial law, directed towards the Jews and never was at Gentiles. Done away with when the New Covenant did away with the Old Covenant. Same as the dietary laws, that's why eating shellfish is no longer a sin and never was for Gentiles
Convenient that jerkface Baker (and you) in this case gets to cherry-pick Leviticus, eh?

Forum List

Back