The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

They choose to press charges for this horrific trauma.

They don't have to.

This selective passion for the law is terribly transparent.

They didn't "press charges."

They filed a complaint with the Labor Board.

The Kleins were breaking the law.
Great, they chose to file a complaint, thanks.

you're right. they should have quietly stood by and let themselves be discriminated against.

things are so much easier when people know their place and don't make a stink for their rights, isn't it?
I pointed out a fact. They chose to see this person punished.

They could have just done what I and the lesbian Executive Director of New Jersey Pride would have suggested:

Why I Support No Gays Allowed C.J. Prince

no a judge and labor board did based on the law.

Although I think that 134,000 dollars (or whatever the amount was exactly) is a bit much, I'm happy that the gay couple won the suit. We are in America, not some 3rd world Muslim country. We don't tolerate discriminating against ONE group of people in this country based upon superstition and fear. If your religious convictions are such that you cannot serve and treat everyone as equals, then you really have no "right" to be in the "public accommodation" business. We are not a theocracy. We are a secular nation and everyone who lives here in America are equals and entitled to the same rights, privileges and accommodations as any other American citizen.

When I put myself in the shoes of a gay person or a black person, I can totally understand why they are upset about this type of thing happening to them. As taxpaying, legal citizens there is absolutely NO reason that they should have to tolerate bad treatment and refusal of service. To me, it's disgusting that people want to treat them as second class citizens.
It was an amount based on two people. One was awarded 60K, the other 75K.

Also, see post #418.

Although I think that 134,000 dollars (or whatever the amount was exactly) is a bit much, I'm happy that the gay couple won the suit. We are in America, not some 3rd world Muslim country. We don't tolerate discriminating against ONE group of people in this country based upon superstition and fear. If your religious convictions are such that you cannot serve and treat everyone as equals, then you really have no "right" to be in the "public accommodation" business. We are not a theocracy. We are a secular nation and everyone who lives here in America are equals and entitled to the same rights, privileges and accommodations as any other American citizen.

When I put myself in the shoes of a gay person or a black person, I can totally understand why they are upset about this type of thing happening to them. As taxpaying, legal citizens there is absolutely NO reason that they should have to tolerate bad treatment and refusal of service. To me, it's disgusting that people want to treat them as second class citizens.

Also, see post #418.

Well, first of all, did you ignore the rest of my post, which was really the important part? :D

Secondly, I also think that is another RIDICULOUS amount of money. We really need to put caps on the amount a person can receive for this kind of thing. They aren't really "injured." They can still function, work, etc.

Those of you with brains might be interested to know that in part the size of the award was based on a prior case -

AN ANTI-CHRISTIAN DISCRIMINATION CASE -

where the CHRISTIAN complainant was awarded almost $350,000 for having been discriminated against because of her religion:

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/Legal/docs/FOpdffiles/2012_FOs/Andrew_Engel_38-11.pdf

Read it and weep RWnuts.

Here's where it's referenced in the cake bake case:

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/SiteAssets/pages/press/7_2_15 BOLI rules on Sweet Cakes discrimination case.pdf

Heh.

Also, see post #418.

Well, first of all, did you ignore the rest of my post, which was really the important part? :D

Yes, it was. :)
Thank you.

I was just pointing out the details on why the amount was such.

I don't think it's outrageous. In either of the other situations as well.

If you read the details of the case, you would see they really were harmed.

In addition, Aaron Klein posted their names and address of the two women who filed the complaint of his Facebook page. The two women (who had been together 10 years) had Foster Children, and ...well, if you care to, you can read the details.

Last edited:

Also, see post #418.

Yes, it was. :)
Thank you.

I was just pointing out the details on why the amount was such.

I don't think it's outrageous. In either of the other situations as well.

If you read the details of the case, you would see they really were harmed.

In addition, Aaron Klein posted their names and address of the two women who filed the complaint of his Facebook page. They had Foster Children, and ...well, if you care to, you can read the details.

Okay, if they are publishing the names of the people involved, then that would lead to the potential of some damage, as well as kind of a violation of their privacy I would think.

Okay, if they are publishing the names of the people involved, then that would lead to the potential of some damage, as well as kind of a violation of their privacy I would think.

As I read it, the judge didn't want them voicing their religious objections to the media.

And that's illegal. The judge must be removed. Again, the link to do so is here: CJFD Home - CJFD Home

And the form to fill out to start the investigation on that judge is here: http://courts.oregon.gov/CJFD/docs/040105RevisedComplaintForm.pdf

Super easy to do. Cite suppression of civil rights a la 1st Amendment right to free speech and exercise of religion. Judge's aren't allowed to suppress free speech if there is no cause to: especially if the order looks like it seeks to gag in order to protect the court's nefarious order itself. Also cite the 9th Amendment which says that no interpretation of law may be construed as to suppress any other rights enjoyed under any other part of the Constitution.

Pastor: Anti-Gay Bakers 'Destroying America' By Being Too Nice To 'Some Faggot' Wanting A Cake
A homophobic pastor is attacking anti-gay bakers recently in the news – not for refusing to bake wedding cakes for same-sex couples, but for being too nice about it.
ooooh!! Hyperbole!

Do I smell a "kneejerk sympathy for gays" theater performance in the works? Where has this been tried before? Oh, like ten thousand times to the point of absurdity. This gig is up. Get another for the sake of boredom if nothing else..

As I read it, the judge didn't want them voicing their religious objections to the media.

And that's illegal. The judge must be removed. Again, the link to do so is here: CJFD Home - CJFD Home

And the form to fill out to start the investigation on that judge is here: http://courts.oregon.gov/CJFD/docs/040105RevisedComplaintForm.pdf

Super easy to do. Cite suppression of civil rights a la 1st Amendment right to free speech and exercise of religion. Judge's aren't allowed to suppress free speech if there is no cause to: especially if the order looks like it seeks to gag in order to protect the court's nefarious order itself. Also cite the 9th Amendment which says that no interpretation of law may be construed as to suppress any other rights enjoyed under any other part of the Constitution.

Refusing a certain group of American citizens service because of your superstitious beliefs is not going to cut it. That is why the bakers lost the lawsuit. It is not any different than refusing a black person service or any other "group" of Americans.

This was the final word.

Aaron Klein was on a radio show here on Thursday, and says they'll have to pay.

I don't know how these two lesbos sleep at night knowing they've ruined an entire families business and livelihood. Greedy little bitches.

Refusing a certain group of American citizens service because of your superstitious beliefs is not going to cut it. That is why the bakers lost the lawsuit. It is not any different than refusing a black person service or any other "group" of Americans.

Jude 1 of the New Testament in the Bible is not regarded by Christians as "superstitious beliefs". In Ancient Greece (some believe was Sodom) the situation progressed from a few homosexuals placed in power to a whole culture based around homosexuals and their lowest common denominator: the penchant for very young boys as sex partners that they always seem to gravitate towards. It got to where women were offering up their six year old boys to old men to sodomize as pretty much of common fare, just a yawn..

That's reality. That really happened. And the Bible warns against it. Reasons are here: Attention Episcopalians Christian Sects of All Denominations Worldwide. Pay Heed. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum The punishment promised to Christians for failing to heed Jude 1 is eternal soul-death. So with the stakes as high as that, Christians have no choice. They must abide by what the history books and what the New Testament has warned them about.

Jude 1 of the New Testament in the Bible is not regarded by Christians as "superstitious beliefs". In Ancient Greece (some believe was Sodom) the situation progressed from a few homosexuals placed in power to a whole culture based around homosexuals and their lowest common denominator: the penchant for very young boys as sex partners that they always seem to gravitate towards. It got to where women were offering up their six year old boys to old men to sodomize as pretty much of common fare, just a yawn..

That's reality. That really happened. And the Bible warns against it. Reasons are here: Attention Episcopalians Christian Sects of All Denominations Worldwide. Pay Heed. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum The punishment promised to Christians for failing to heed Jude 1 is eternal soul-death. So with the stakes as high as that, Christians have no choice. They must abide by what the history books and what the New Testament has warned them about.

:cuckoo: I think you need a vacation.

sweetcakes.jpg

Batshittians 3:42: "Because it was destiny that sweet cakes, Jeebus and 'ghey' would all belong within the same sentence one day in the land of Or, for the holy Spaghetti Monster foresaw it all with his longest noodle."​

Sweet Cakes final order Gresham bakery must pay 135 000 for denying service to same-sex couple OregonLive.com

Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian on Thursday ordered the owners of a former Gresham bakery to pay $135,000 in damages to a lesbian couple for refusing to make them a wedding cake.

Avakian's ruling upheld a preliminary finding earlier this year that the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa had discriminated against the women on the basis of their sexual orientation.

Bakery owners Melissa and Aaron Klein cited their Christian beliefs against same-sex marriage in denying service. The case ignited a long-running skirmish in the nation's culture wars, pitting civil rights advocates against religious freedom proponents who argued business owners should have the right to refuse services for gay and lesbian weddings.

Avakian's final order makes clear that serving potential customers equally trumps the Kleins' religious beliefs. Under Oregon law, businesses cannot discriminate or refuse service based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot turn customers away because of race, sex, disability, age or religion, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries said in a news release.

"This case is not about a wedding cake or a marriage," Avakian wrote. "It is about a business's refusal to serve someone because of their sexual orientation. Under Oregon law, that is illegal.

"Within Oregon's public accommodations law is the basic principle of human decency that every person, regardless of their sexual orientation, has the freedom to fully participate in society. The ability to enter public places, to shop, to dine, to move about unfettered by bigotry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, when do the cries of evil, evil, evil ZOG persecution begin?
And when will this all be Obama's fault?
And when does the GoFundMe account go up?
Anyone know how much delicious icing 135 K can buy?

No mudslinging, folks! But you may throw delicious icing. :D

So.....not getting a cake is worth $135K?

How much for not baking a Confederate Flag Cake?

NO???

My feelings are hurt!!!

I want $135,000.00 RIGHT NOW!!!!!

sweetcakes.jpg

Batshittians 3:42: "Because it was destiny that sweet cakes, Jeebus and 'ghey' would all belong within the same sentence one day in the land of Or, for the holy Spaghetti Monster foresaw it all with his longest noodle."​

Sweet Cakes final order Gresham bakery must pay 135 000 for denying service to same-sex couple OregonLive.com

Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian on Thursday ordered the owners of a former Gresham bakery to pay $135,000 in damages to a lesbian couple for refusing to make them a wedding cake.

Avakian's ruling upheld a preliminary finding earlier this year that the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa had discriminated against the women on the basis of their sexual orientation.

Bakery owners Melissa and Aaron Klein cited their Christian beliefs against same-sex marriage in denying service. The case ignited a long-running skirmish in the nation's culture wars, pitting civil rights advocates against religious freedom proponents who argued business owners should have the right to refuse services for gay and lesbian weddings.

Avakian's final order makes clear that serving potential customers equally trumps the Kleins' religious beliefs. Under Oregon law, businesses cannot discriminate or refuse service based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot turn customers away because of race, sex, disability, age or religion, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries said in a news release.

"This case is not about a wedding cake or a marriage," Avakian wrote. "It is about a business's refusal to serve someone because of their sexual orientation. Under Oregon law, that is illegal.

"Within Oregon's public accommodations law is the basic principle of human decency that every person, regardless of their sexual orientation, has the freedom to fully participate in society. The ability to enter public places, to shop, to dine, to move about unfettered by bigotry."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO???

My feelings are hurt!!!

Maybe they want to make an example of them. Don't do this. If you are in the public accommodation business, it is not your right to discriminate.

Here's another good one...

The baker Aaron Klein who called the two women "abominations" --

has

wait for it --

A tattoo on his right arm.

sweetcakes.jpg

NO???

My feelings are hurt!!!

Maybe they want to make an example of them. Don't do this. If you are in the public accommodation business, it is not your right to discriminate.

so in your small mind our court system exists to make an example of people? you lefties are mentally defective.

sweetcakes.jpg

NO???

My feelings are hurt!!!

so in your small mind our court system exists to make an example of people? you lefties are mentally defective.

Well, I think you're mentally defective. Now what?

Forum List

Back