P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
I shouldn't be surprised given their long and dark history, but still I can't get over just how disingenuous the left has become in this country. It's to the point where they won't have an honest debate/discussion about anything. And their leaders won't act with honesty in any capacity. Here is a prime example. The left would have you believe that Barack Obama has been really reserved when it comes to issuing Executive Orders. While having a discussion around this today, I did some research for the exact Executive Order he issued for the highly illegal "amnesty" (maybe not the correct word to the most extreme technical sense, but that is effectively what he did). To my surprise, I couldn't find in anywhere. After some extensive research, I realized that the reason I was unable to find the Executive Order number was because Obama didn't issue the unconstitutional mandate in an Executive Order. Instead, he issued a "Presidential Memorandum". It turns out, he's issued a lot of these. 198 to be exact. And that's on top of his 195 Executive Orders. Now, come on, Barack Obama knows exactly what he's doing with this nonsense. He wants to be able to go before the American people and say "look - I issued less EO's than <insert Republican president here>". But that is so disingenuous and he knows it. At the end of the day, he's still over stepping his authority and still issuing directives whether he calls them "Executive Orders" or something else. Worse still, this dirt bag knows that until recently, Presidential Memorandum's were not numbered and cataloged so it is more difficult to do research on them. All total, he was sitting at nearly 400 combined executive actions when this article was published back in 2014.

It's all the more repulsive coming from a man who preached ad nauseam on the campaign trail that he would deliver "the most transparent administration of our time". Well Barack - the best way to do that would have been to submit everything in the numbered and cataloged Executive Orders and then to have been honest with the American people about how many you were submitting (putting him at as much or more as every president since Harry Truman depending on the memorandum's issued by the other presidents). This country will continue to struggle as long as we have disingenuous leaders and parties which refuse to accept the limitations of power, refuse to accept the will of the people, and refuse to act with integrity.

Obama issues 'executive orders by another name'

Forum List

Back