The disgraceful Stephen Colbert

I was responding to how you were addressing me. You may be ok. But again, if you don’t like taking it — don’t do it yourself.
Good. I was beginning to think it was a Mike thing or something.

I had a co-worker years ago who hated my guts. He was a black dude and (I was white - still am) and we were indirectly working for the same employers at some different construction sites--so we would cross paths now and then.

This was early 80's ...Hilton Head Island , SC . was 22- 23 and he was 30 something-- had a bunch of kids, I heard, ate nasty stuff for lunch like squirrel meat on white rice....

One day, he's on me about something, like "ain't your break time over, boy ? " I got in his face stared him between the eyes and asked him
"Is this a Mike thing ? Because I can't think of any other reason for you to always be fucking with me." And I was pretty street savvy having lived in NYC from 18 to 20 after HS......a little martial arts but not a bad ass.

And I could have left it at that, but I continued " Did you have a stepdad named Mike who beat you ? Or maybe your first wife ran off with some white guy named Mike and ...." Before I could say anything else he tried to throw me down a flight of stairs .

Long story short I picked up a 2x4 and by that time some guys grabbed me ( and him) and broke it up. I quit and never saw him after that.

Good. I was beginning to think it was a Mike thing or something.

I had a co-worker years ago who hated my guts. He was a black dude and (I was white - still am) and we were indirectly working for the same employers at some different construction sites--so we would cross paths now and then.

This was early 80's ...Hilton Head Island , SC . was 22- 23 and he was 30 something-- had a bunch of kids, I heard, ate nasty stuff for lunch like squirrel meat on white rice....

One day, he's on me about something, like "ain't your break time over, boy ? " I got in his face stared him between the eyes and asked him
"Is this a Mike thing ? Because I can't think of any other reason for you to always be fucking with me." And I was pretty street savvy having lived in NYC from 18 to 20 after HS......a little martial arts but not a bad ass.

And I could have left it at that, but I continued " Did you have a stepdad named Mike who beat you ? Or maybe your first wife ran off with some white guy named Mike and ...." Before I could say anything else he tried to throw me down a flight of stairs .

Long story short I picked up a 2x4 and by that time some guys grabbed me ( and him) and broke it up. I quit and never saw him after that.
Ok. You started a thread on a story about snow in the mountaintops of Hawaii. I did kind of Pooh-Pooh the thread because snow on Hawaiian mountaintops is not exactly new.

So, I said “zzzz”. If you start a thread, people can and do express opinions on it. I wasn’t attacking you personally. I was merely Pooh-poohing the thread because I found it to be of no particular significance.

Then, you took umbrage and directed some snarky shit at me, personally. I could have ignored it. But I elected not to. I have a history of electing not to. You wanna dance? I say, ok. Let’s dance. (And I’m an awful dancer, but that’s another story.)

I am sorry I hurt your feelings. It’s not a Mike thing. I know some pretty cool Mikes.

It’s actually all just a banter thing on a message board thing. Even the little emoticons don’t convey the meaning of every word. Shit gets lost in translation.

Ok. You started a thread on a story about snow in the mountaintops of Hawaii. I did kind of Pooh-Pooh the thread because snow on Hawaiian mountaintops is not exactly new.

So, I said “zzzz”. If you start a thread, people can and do express opinions on it. I wasn’t attacking you personally. I was merely Pooh-poohing the thread because I found it to be of no particular significance.

Then, you took umbrage and directed some snarky shit at me, personally. I could have ignored it. But I elected not to. I have a history of electing not to. You wanna dance? I say, ok. Let’s dance. (And I’m an awful dancer, but that’s another story.)

I am sorry I hurt your feelings. It’s not a Mike thing. I know some pretty cool Mikes.

It’s actually all just a banter thing on a message board thing. Even the little emoticons don’t convey the meaning of every word. Shit gets lost in translation.
People make everything political these days .

People get bent out of shape when they see you drive a Prius electric, even though you have 2 Ford pickups at home....you know.

Everyone has much more in common than have differences.

People make everything political these days .

People get bent out of shape when they see you drive a Prius electric, even though you have 2 Ford pickups at home....you know.

Everyone has much more in common than have differences.
I partially agree. The disagreement portion is that I have almost nothing in common with a racist asshat like the poster with the username “im2” — and I’m very grateful for that.

The part I agree with you on is that — by and large — even those with dedicated modern American “liberal” political beliefs are usually good enough people. I suppose most people have enough problems in life so that their differences are often just around the periphery.

Getting petty & small about just every little thing around here, Don't like him just don't watch or read him.

Forum List

Back