The discovery of alien life maybe close how will religion survive it

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2017-5-1_7-56-15.png

bout two decades ago, it was quite uncertain whether stars other than our own sun even hosted their own planets. However, according to Nasa, the latest count of confirmed exoplanets stands at around 3,500 – and at least six of them are potential Earths. This count will definitely go up and many researchers believe that the advancement of technology will enable humans to discover some form of life on another planet in the coming years.

The discovery of alien life may be close. How will religion survive it? | Santhosh Mathew
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy, you never let anyone dictate your believes , and even if it is taken away on the outside nothing can take away what one believes in their heart. So strip away the Christians have been saught after for thousands of years but they still believe.

I am sure it will evolve some. Or the stories will change. They will do SOMETHING.

What if our concept of "God" derived from an alien being? That would actually make more sense, as well.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
― Arthur C. Clark

View attachment 124130

bout two decades ago, it was quite uncertain whether stars other than our own sun even hosted their own planets. However, according to Nasa, the latest count of confirmed exoplanets stands at around 3,500 – and at least six of them are potential Earths. This count will definitely go up and many researchers believe that the advancement of technology will enable humans to discover some form of life on another planet in the coming years.

The discovery of alien life may be close. How will religion survive it? | Santhosh Mathew
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy, you never let anyone dictate your believes , and even if it is taken away on the outside nothing can take away what one believes in their heart. So strip away the Christians have been saught after for thousands of years but they still believe.

When you are describing something for a child, you don't use large words or concepts unless the kid is a genius. You don't explain that light is traveling at a speed that is so fast it is almost unimaginable. You just say the sun is what lights up the day.

Mankind was a child when the Bible was happening. God is wise enough to know that man would not understand the technical descriptions of what happened. So like you do for a child, he kept it simple.

Understanding the universe means understanding the true genius of the design. God did not just snap his fingers and create the Earth. He created and guided it over many billions of years. He created the laws of physics to make it possible for us to learn them. He gave us inquisitive minds and let us go, just as you watch your child struggle to learn and understand and then go even further.

To see the Universe the way it truly is means that you recognize the genius of the work He put in.

It's a big universe. Life is widespread. It wouldn't affect my faith at all, since I always believed it will be discovered elsewhere.

Some people have always needed religious myths, legends and superstitions to get them through difficult times. If we were really visited, religions would be even more important for some.

I wouldn't lose any sleep about it though. People like the OP already have plenty to fear. For example, chemtrails. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

let it be discovered or at least claimed to be discovered . Alien life discovered would just be interesting , something to read about but thats about all unless the alien life is getting ready to attack earth . And then , no one on this board has the ability to discover or verify this alien life for themselves so when the reports of discovery emerge you'll have to believe the reporter that announces that alien life has been discovered . And even then , who cares if its discovered unless [as i said] , the alien life is getting ready to attack ??

Spiritual beliefs have nothing to do with science, so I don't see the problem. Reread Savannah Man's post if you can't understand how the two co-exist.
I don't recall anywhere in the Bible it saying that God created ONLY us, either.
Think of all the scientific knowledge that Christianity has already survived. Cultural mores may slowly change religion, but scientific discoveries won't.

What if our concept of "God" derived from an alien being? That would actually make more sense, as well.

Wait until the use a Hologram making people think it's Jesus lmfao.... They meaning some clipped Gov. official ahahah. or maybe a Mark Zuckenbert twat kinda loser.... Oh wait maybe even a hacker could pull it off.

Hell they do it for CEO's and their meetings all the time.

"And God said, "Let there be light. And there was light."

That was the inspiration to the Big Bang Theory.

upload_2017-5-1_11-55-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-1_11-55-21.png
    upload_2017-5-1_11-55-21.png
    624.2 KB · Views: 27
View attachment 124130

God created any aliens we find.....what is there to survive?

Some people have always needed religious myths, legends and superstitions to get them through difficult times. If we were really visited, religions would be even more important for some.

I wouldn't lose any sleep about it though. People like the OP already have plenty to fear. For example, chemtrails. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Yeah...but we keep telling them that man made global warming is a hoax...why don't you morons believe us....?

Spiritual beliefs have nothing to do with science, so I don't see the problem. Reread Savannah Man's post if you can't understand how the two co-exist.
I don't recall anywhere in the Bible it saying that God created ONLY us, either.
Think of all the scientific knowledge that Christianity has already survived. Cultural mores may slowly change religion, but scientific discoveries won't.

Thanks for the mention. Also if you think about it Jesus taught by Parable. Stories with a point even if they were not literally true.

God created light. The Bible would have been mathematical formulas if instead it said that God collapsed the Hydrogen into a sphere and the gravitational effects cause an increase in friction and heat. This caused the hydrogen to begin fusing. Worse. Take the theories that we are only now understanding. The apparent fact that our sun is a second or third generation star. In other words a star burned and exploded. From its remnants came another start that exploded after it had burned brightly.

Then from those resulting heavy elements God created the planets and asteroids and all that.

It has taken us thousands and thousands of years to go from standing in the sun to understanding how it works. It was just a century ago that we started to realize that fission and fusion were things. We didn't understand Gravity until Newton figured it out.

Two mathematicians spent twenty years trying to figure out why Spaghetti breaks the way it does. Spaghetti breakthrough | plus.maths.org

We are learning to understand the world around us. We are learning how and why things work. Imagine trying to crowd thousands of years of knowledge into one day. You have one day to learn everything. Good luck.

If we did learn it. We would be gods ourselves.

Forum List

Back