"The Democrats start with 246 electoral votes"

In the end the GOP has to win FL, OH, NC, VA and CO (if they were able to pick up both NV and IA then they could survive the loss of CO). That is a tough proposition. If they lose any of them the Dems will win.

They do have a better chance the most give them credit for, but keep in mind if they lose FL they lost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the end the GOP has to win FL, OH, NC, VA and CO (if they were able to pick up both NV and IA then they could survive the loss of CO). That is a tough proposition. If they lose any of them the Dems will win.

They do have a better chance the most give them credit for, but keep in mind if they lose FL they lost!

Pretty tall order

I doubt if anyone in the GOP clown car is capable of pulling it off

Last edited:
Conservatives can deny this trend, but they will soon have to give in, but on what? First get off the gay issue. You lost. Move on. Take a prolife stance fine, but saying rape and invest victims can't have an abortion hurts you in the polls.. Taking a stand again student loan funding or tuition free school might help you with a segment of the rich donor base, but it turns new college grads into Democrats and alienates the middle class. People don't love Obamacare, but they hated what was in place before it. They also don't buy the bullshit health savings account s and buying across state lines. Come up with real answers or you will continue to lose the middle class.

Damn! A good analysis. But the far right of your party will force who ever gets the nomination to go radical on all these issues. And that will lose the GOP the Presidential elections one more time. Were the candidates to listen to your advice, and present actual plans concerning education and health care, you might have a chance.

But, you lose badly enough in the next two elections, and people like you might have a say in the platform of the GOP after 2020. If not, then we need a new conservative political party, that has happened before.

Conservatives can deny this trend, but they will soon have to give in, but on what? First get off the gay issue. You lost. Move on. Take a prolife stance fine, but saying rape and invest victims can't have an abortion hurts you in the polls.. Taking a stand again student loan funding or tuition free school might help you with a segment of the rich donor base, but it turns new college grads into Democrats and alienates the middle class. People don't love Obamacare, but they hated what was in place before it. They also don't buy the bullshit health savings account s and buying across state lines. Come up with real answers or you will continue to lose the middle class.

Damn! A good analysis. But the far right of your party will force who ever gets the nomination to go radical on all these issues. And that will lose the GOP the Presidential elections one more time. Were the candidates to listen to your advice, and present actual plans concerning education and health care, you might have a chance.

But, you lose badly enough in the next two elections, and people like you might have a say in the platform of the GOP after 2020. If not, then we need a new conservative political party, that has happened before.
It is what Jindal referred to as the party of stupid

Republicans are unwilling to tell the extremes of their party to STFU. They can't even control Trump

Ohio hasn't been won since Bush
Va Hasn't been won since Bush
Florida hasn't been won since Bush
Iowa hasn't been won since Bush
Co hasn't been won since Bush

Why do they think by running a asshole of the far right could they change history??? More so now with the demographics shifting against them.

Bush was a moderate to right leaning republican...George Hw Bush was a moderate to right leaning republican and to be frank even Reagan wouldn't gut infrastructure, science, education and most of our departments. You'd have to go back to the 1920's or even the late 1890s to find what these people want.

Pretty tall order

The closes is probably a John Kasich for Ohio and Marco rubio for Florida and the hispanic vote. I could see that winning Ohio if it can run moderately in the election.

I don't see trump getting Florida, Co, Va or Ohio.

Bush was a moderate to right leaning republican...George Hw Bush was a moderate to right leaning republican and to be frank even Reagan wouldn't gut infrastructure, science, education and most of our departments. You'd have to go back to the 1920's or even the late 1890s to find what these people want.

roflbot1_zps6a98c18a.jpg

roflbot1_zps6a98c18a.jpg

Sorry, but those are the most important issues a first world country has. People focus on foreign policies and the border too fucking much.

roflbot1_zps6a98c18a.jpg

Sorry, but those are the most important issues a first world country has. People focus on foreign policies and the border too fucking much.

Isn't it time for you to make a trip to K Mart and buy some underwear?

The biggest threat would probably be the Democrats winning Nevada, New Hampshire, and Virginia. I'd see those as the hardest three for the GOP to flip, and they add up to exactly 270 when paired with the rest of the blue states.

Of course with the mass exodus of Puerto Ricans to Orlando right now Florida might be unwinnable too for the right, who knows. If Florida goes blue it's hopeless for the GOP.

Pretty tall order

The closes is probably a John Kasich for Ohio and Marco rubio for Florida and the hispanic vote. I could see that winning Ohio if it can run moderately in the election.

Trump would lose in a landslide

Hillary would get 450 electoral votes against Trump

Pretty tall order

1. I do not think Hillary is going to be the nominee. I would think that it is 60-40 against it. Doesn't mean she won't be, just means that her window has shrunk below 50%.

2. It is all going to come back to how pissed Democrats and Independents are, and everything I see tells me they are as pissed as Republicans.

3. The vast majority of Americans, proven by polls; are tired of the political class of both parties. This is exactly why the BEST line up for President for both establishment groups is, Clinton V Bush. That would keep the pissed off people out of the voting booth, and regardless of what anyone wants to admit, the Republican establishment would rather a Democrat establishment President, than a rogue Republican one.

4. Nobody believes the Republicans are going to carry California or New York. To believe that is a fantasy. BUT, a perceived outsider could carry all of the states many of you think are impossible. Why? Because to many people are pissed, and that is who is coming to the polls for this election for sure, IF they have someone to vote for. Since they are all on the Republican side, and add to that the democrats are lethargic about Hillary and Biden, and the Democrats have a recipe for disaster.

5. While other conservatives would laugh at me and scratch their heads, there is little doubt that the best democratic candidate to win would be Joe Biden. Why? He would draw sympathy with the loss of his son. We know when he focuses he is a great debater. And, he is no where near rich, which makes him relevant to the common man. Hillary is the exact OPPOSITE of the kudos I have given to Biden. The only thing she has going for her is money, and the fact she is female.

Now isn't it funny that the truth is..........the only two that Hillary would be able to get a slam dunk against of the top 7 is Bush, or Kasich! And why is that? Because the agents demanding change in the Republican party, are NOT going to go vote in droves for people who they see as a large part of the problem. As far as most conservatives are concerned.........voting for an establishment republican is a rung above voting for an establishment democrat. Nothing will change, and instead of wanting to strangle your person, we will want to strangle our own No contrast means no political excitement!

Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton speeches are absolutely the cure for insomnia. That is what both parties establishment wings want, to keep power, by insuring the pissed people have no candidate to coalesce behind. Lets see if the establishment can pull it off, but somehow, I do not think so!

You overstate the degree that Anericans are "pissed"

Americans were pissed in 2008. We were engaged in two unpopular wars, 700,000 people were losing their jobs, people's homes and retirement funds dropped 40%.......That is pissed

2016 is not 2008

Americans were pissed in 2008. We were engaged in two unpopular wars, 700,000 people were losing their jobs, people's homes and retirement funds dropped 40%.......That is pissed

2016 is not 2008

Today the unemployment rate is back to 2006-2007 levels, the housing market is looking good and Obama is fighting to keep boots off the ground. Bush's approval ratings during this period in his second term were in the 20's,,,while Obama's are in the mid 40's! ;) Sure the republicans are pissed but the democrats and moderates certainly aren't. Loserterianism of cutting everything isn't going to play well with these people at all. Florida, ohio, Co and Virgina such is a negative in winning people over.

The only ones that want to do away with 90% of government are the far right loserterians that lost in 2008 and 2012 at the national level....A presidential election is a lot more then just you! This is what you don't get.

Also Bush, or Kasich is probably the most likely republicans to win as 1. Kasich would win Ohio! needed badly to win, and 2. Bush would hold 40% of the hispanic vote, which would increase the chances of winning Florida, Co and Nev.

Last edited:

2016 is not 2008

But this is a different kind of pissed. They are pissed at all of our political leaders. All polls show this. They don't do what they say they will do, they do not even try. They fabricate lies to pass legislation; and both parties are guilty of this. They do not live under their own laws, and get rich from lobbyists while regular Americans are left holding the bag.

Now, if what I said was true only for me, or a handful of people, everyone could shrug their shoulders. But polls on this are exact, and they are constant. It is highly unlikely the Washington ruling class could say anything in the near future to change this perception.

And one more thing I would like to point out to you which is slightly off topic. Every one of these candidates from both parties claim they are ready to handle the countrys business. They will have a strong hand when dealing with Putin, Iran, or anyone else. And yet, and yet, Bush, Hillary, Paul, Christie, nor Kasich have been able to even handle Trump. If they can't handle Trump, how are they going to handle Putin?

Trump IS as bombastic as Putin, and yet they all appear weak in front of him, or when even answering his allegations or attacks. Do NOT assume I am for Trump, because I am not. All I am pointing out is that NONE of these people I have mentioned, would any of us choose to send in to a negotiation for anything, unless we are dumb. And we would choose them to run our country? Even you have to admit that it would be a serious mistake.

Pretty tall order

1. I do not think Hillary is going to be the nominee. I would think that it is 60-40 against it. Doesn't mean she won't be, just means that her window has shrunk below 50%.

2. It is all going to come back to how pissed Democrats and Independents are, and everything I see tells me they are as pissed as Republicans.

3. The vast majority of Americans, proven by polls; are tired of the political class of both parties. This is exactly why the BEST line up for President for both establishment groups is, Clinton V Bush. That would keep the pissed off people out of the voting booth, and regardless of what anyone wants to admit, the Republican establishment would rather a Democrat establishment President, than a rogue Republican one.

4. Nobody believes the Republicans are going to carry California or New York. To believe that is a fantasy. BUT, a perceived outsider could carry all of the states many of you think are impossible. Why? Because to many people are pissed, and that is who is coming to the polls for this election for sure, IF they have someone to vote for. Since they are all on the Republican side, and add to that the democrats are lethargic about Hillary and Biden, and the Democrats have a recipe for disaster.

5. While other conservatives would laugh at me and scratch their heads, there is little doubt that the best democratic candidate to win would be Joe Biden. Why? He would draw sympathy with the loss of his son. We know when he focuses he is a great debater. And, he is no where near rich, which makes him relevant to the common man. Hillary is the exact OPPOSITE of the kudos I have given to Biden. The only thing she has going for her is money, and the fact she is female.

Now isn't it funny that the truth is..........the only two that Hillary would be able to get a slam dunk against of the top 7 is Bush, or Kasich! And why is that? Because the agents demanding change in the Republican party, are NOT going to go vote in droves for people who they see as a large part of the problem. As far as most conservatives are concerned.........voting for an establishment republican is a rung above voting for an establishment democrat. Nothing will change, and instead of wanting to strangle your person, we will want to strangle our own No contrast means no political excitement!

Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton speeches are absolutely the cure for insomnia. That is what both parties establishment wings want, to keep power, by insuring the pissed people have no candidate to coalesce behind. Lets see if the establishment can pull it off, but somehow, I do not think so!

Insightful post, whosure.

I'm not going to be the one laughing at your point 5. If the Clinton candidacy continues to melt down at the rate it has been, better candidates than Joe aren't going to stick their necks out on this go-round. I agree with you about the cards he brings to play.

The angry wings on either side of the establishment have been at it for years. "Polarized" times haven't come to an end. As fatigued as the center is, they're going to keep the big philosophical questions unresolved until the last minute and just yank the reigns in opposite directions every few years in the meantime. The Obama presidency came in on a perfect storm of war fatigue and fear. It's going out on a hangover of frustration with ineptitude. The historical pendulum will be awfully hard to stop, and the Democrats don't look too capable of pulling it off so far. Getting Hillary's distractions off the table will help, but septuagenarian Joe Biden selling a third Obama term with a 34% gap in "right track/wrong track"...that's a Tall order.

I like our chances in Florida. (and Ohio, Colorado, Nevada, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina, Indiana....)

2016 is not 2008

Today the unemployment rate is back to 2006-2007 levels, the housing market is looking good and Obama is fighting to keep boots off the ground. Bush's approval ratings during this period in his second term were in the 20's,,,while Obama's are in the mid 40's! ;) Sure the republicans are pissed but the democrats and moderates certainly aren't. Loserterianism of cutting everything isn't going to play well with these people at all. Florida, ohio, Co and Virgina such is a negative in winning people over.

The only ones that want to do away with 90% of government are the far right loserterians that lost in 2008 and 2012 at the national level....A presidential election is a lot more then just you! This is what you don't get.

Also Bush, or Kasich is probably the most likely republicans to win as 1. Kasich would win Ohio! needed badly to win, and 2. Bush would hold 40% of the hispanic vote, which would increase the chances of winning Florida, Co and Nev.

I doubt what you say is true, but even if it is, shooting yourself in the left or right foot is not a choice.

As far as Kasich, he hasn't a chance; just like neither does Paul, Christie, Huckabee, Graham, and a couple of others.

You guys should be happy, really; if what you say is true. Why? Because if any of those losers get the nod, the base won't vote for them because they are lieing establishment, and not enough contrast with the democrat to make it worth the effort, along with taking the blame when things really go in the crapper.

And if it is a conservative, or outsider? Well, you guys claim it is a slam dunk, so either way you win. So be happy, it is over, voting is just a formality for the coronation of your nominee.

Pretty tall order

Insightful post, whosure.

I'm not going to be the one laughing at your point 5. If the Clinton candidacy continues to melt down at the rate it has been, better candidates than Joe aren't going to stick their necks out on this go-round. I agree with you about the cards he brings to play.

The angry wings on either side of the establishment have been at it for years. "Polarized" times haven't come to an end. As fatigued as the center is, they're going to keep the big philosophical questions unresolved until the last minute and just yank the reigns in opposite directions every few years in the meantime. The Obama presidency came in on a perfect storm of war fatigue and fear. It's going out on a hangover of frustration with ineptitude. The historical pendulum will be awfully hard to stop, and the Democrats don't look too capable of pulling it off so far. Getting Hillary's distractions off the table will help, but septuagenarian Joe Biden selling a third Obama term with a 34% gap in "right track/wrong track"...that's a Tall order.

I like our chances in Florida. (and Ohio, Colorado, Nevada, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina, Indiana....)

I agree with you Tex. I am from Indiana, and people are chomping at the bit to throw all the bums out. It was exactly the same thing in Illinois, you could see it coming when Quinn got thrown out for Rauner for governor. The democrats could not muster their base, because even they knew that Quinn was awful. Rauner was an outsider who had really never been in politics, and you knew it was coming. Even some Democrats voted for him.

The moral of the story is..............don't count your chickens, even if you think you have 246 of 270!

I don't think there is anything probable about her winning

again, what do you base that on? She leads every last one of your guys in polls.

So what you are telling me is that even though no one is really very enthusastic about all your single digit candidates right now, when one of these clowns in the nominee people are going to suddenly like them?

Here's why Hillary will probably win if she's the nominee.

1) Women- FIrst time we will get a chance to elect a woman.

2) Minorities- The GOP has done nothing to repair the damage they've done with them.

3) Electoral College Advantage - The democrat has 242 electoral votes in states they've won in six of the last six elections. They have an additional 15 in states they've won 5 out of 6 times. There's nothing to indicate you guys can breecch this blue wall.

That was an awesome prediction.

Forum List

Back