The Democrat Political Stars...????

The democratic party is old. There are no real rising political stars. The young democrat is listless, uninterested, waiting for the next hand out. There is no democrat Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Nikki Haley. The democrats answer with the ancients Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Joe Biden and the comfortable stand by Bill Clinton. This might be a major problem as the democrat party already looks like it rules from the rocking chair. For all of the posturing that Republicans are the party of old white men, the fact is that the democrats appear increasingly out of touch. The world has passed them by. They are fighting fights that have been over with for decades. Abortion, contraception, equal pay. The democrats are mired in the past and refuse to move on. Women run businesses, they make payroll, they replace inventory. The concerns of women today are more like the concerns of men today than the women of the 60s.

The republican convention was younger, hipper, more diverse with women and minorities in positions of serious substance. The republicans put up Susana Martinez, the democrats counter with Lily Ledbetter. The republicans have Condi Rice, the democrats trot out Sandra Fluke. One talks about serious foreign policy, the other demands free contraceptives.

There have to be some in the democratic party that's looking at this and sees that the democrats look more like an assisted living home than a political party. At the end of the convention when Romney and Ryan walked out together, I had the same feeling that I had when Clinton took office. When Clinton took office the torch of leadership was passed from the Greatest Generation to the Baby Boomers. When Romney and Ryan walked out together, that torch was passed from the Baby Boomers to the Millienials. And it was a republican torch.

Does anyone think that Antonio Villaraigosa will get through any part of this convention without being stinking drunk?

The democratic party is old. There are no real rising political stars. The young democrat is listless, uninterested, waiting for the next hand out. There is no democrat Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Nikki Haley. The democrats answer with the ancients Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Joe Biden and the comfortable stand by Bill Clinton. This might be a major problem as the democrat party already looks like it rules from the rocking chair. For all of the posturing that Republicans are the party of old white men, the fact is that the democrats appear increasingly out of touch. The world has passed them by. They are fighting fights that have been over with for decades. Abortion, contraception, equal pay. The democrats are mired in the past and refuse to move on. Women run businesses, they make payroll, they replace inventory. The concerns of women today are more like the concerns of men today than the women of the 60s.

The republican convention was younger, hipper, more diverse with women and minorities in positions of serious substance. The republicans put up Susana Martinez, the democrats counter with Lily Ledbetter. The republicans have Condi Rice, the democrats trot out Sandra Fluke. One talks about serious foreign policy, the other demands free contraceptives.

There have to be some in the democratic party that's looking at this and sees that the democrats look more like an assisted living home than a political party. At the end of the convention when Romney and Ryan walked out together, I had the same feeling that I had when Clinton took office. When Clinton took office the torch of leadership was passed from the Greatest Generation to the Baby Boomers. When Romney and Ryan walked out together, that torch was passed from the Baby Boomers to the Millienials. And it was a republican torch.

:thup:

Whatever happened to Harold Ford jr.?

Was he too mentally stable and somewhat likeable to have any future in the Democrat Party?

Old Harold left Tennessee because of "higher aspirations" and threw away his chances of getting well-known nationally. While here -- he was EXTREMELY electable and to the right of MOST of the DNC..

The Dems cannot unleash their stars, because the Progressive Revolution is currently in progress. Elections have consequences. And for the DEMS that means the "ruling junta" is not extremely popular nation-wide.

Corey Booker and Joe Manchin (W.Vir) are gonna get bitch-slapped every time they try to be independent. Because you have to discipline in a revolution..

Thought I'd bump this thread and find out more about the current rising stars of the Dem Party...

Seriously... It's a better topic than Eastwoods' act at the Rep Convention or the phoney poll of the day threads. Seems all the steam has gone out of the political forum as folks realize what "great" choices they have...

Well, now that Obama has proven to be a complete dud, who's left?

Pelosi.. Reid..Boxer.. Wasserman Schultz..Al Gore..Joe Biden..Mr. Sexual Harassment..

Who are the Democrat political stars that will impress us at the Democrat Convention?

Apparently, they are counting on that Fluke woman to wow people with her whining about entitlements. She probably is a hero to other government dependents. They want to hear about what gubmint is going to give them, not what they should be doing to better their lives.

At the GOP convention, we heard from incredible women, like Condi Rice and NM Governor, Susana Martinez, who set out to do something for their country rather than see what they could get from it. The whole message was that it doesn't matter who you are or where you came from, it's all about where you are going and what you want to make of your life. Obama made a comment today that the ideas presented may have worked in the past, but not now. The only ones who would applaud that are those who are incapable of succeeding without big brother. If Condi and Susana had taken a page from Fluke's book, they'd still be living with their parents and waiting for the next welfare check to arrive.

Whatever happened to Harold Ford jr.?

Was he too mentally stable and somewhat likeable to have any future in the Democrat Party?

Old Harold left Tennessee because of "higher aspirations" and threw away his chances of getting well-known nationally. While here -- he was EXTREMELY electable and to the right of MOST of the DNC..

The Dems cannot unleash their stars, because the Progressive Revolution is currently in progress. Elections have consequences. And for the DEMS that means the "ruling junta" is not extremely popular nation-wide.

Corey Booker and Joe Manchin (W.Vir) are gonna get bitch-slapped every time they try to be independent. Because you have to discipline in a revolution..
Show ANY instance of either getting 'bitch slapped' by Obama.

Wow among all those nuts and extemists, I do find this one funny

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter

So I guess we need to call democrats, nutters.....LOLOLOLOL
I'm expecting a good speech from Mayor Nutter. He's quite good. I predict he will win either the Senate or the House seat he will inevitably run for. But I don't see him ever being Governor: too many racists in Pennsylvania.

I wonder if Biden will run. The Democrats have a big problem with 2016. Biden will be the VP and the presumptive nominee. I think there may be some serious in-fighting because I do not think Biden is electable. If he did; he would have got there on his own.

Nobody jumps out at me for a front runner. Patty Murray? Schumer? The mayor of NYC may be too old by that time.

Anyway; its a good problem to have if you're a Democrat.

The Governor is circling the drain.

It's a "good problem to have?" How?

If Mitt wins then the field is wide open for the Dems (no rock stars yet but things could change) if Mitt fails, but only if he pulls an Obama and only if someone transformational emerges. Then again, Mitt could just say it's the mess he inherited. If Mitt loses then it's wide open for the GOP.

Romney won't win this year. So lets look at the Democrats in 2016.

I do not see Biden as electable. Whenever he ran, he never was very successful. I think he comes in as the leader but not the shoo-in nominee.

The GOP nominated Dole because it was his turn. They nominated McCain because it was his turn. Romney got the nomination because it was his turn. Democrats do not think that way.

I think it will be a great debate in the Party in 2016.

It will be more interesting on the GOP side. After two moderates; I can't wait to see what comes out of the GOP in 2016;
I predict Andrew Cuomo, Mark Warner, Hillary maybe. It's not a lock that Biden will run. We may get a Democratic business leader running.

I'm also interested in Senator Kerry's speech. I'm betting it will be on foreign policy.

I'm also betting that shortly after Obama starts the second term Hillary will step down as SoS and Kerry will be named.

Hmmmm; Interesting. I think it will happen during the "lame duck" period though. Good call.
No, I think he will go through confirmation with a breeze. Senator Kerry is well-liked and respected by all the other Senators, and the Senate rarely says no to one of their own for things like this. It is the tightest club in the world.

Plus, Kerry is extremely qualified to be Secretary of State.

I'm also interested in Senator Kerry's speech. I'm betting it will be on foreign policy.

I'm also betting that shortly after Obama starts the second term Hillary will step down as SoS and Kerry will be named.

Hmmmm; Interesting. I think it will happen during the "lame duck" period though. Good call.
No, I think he will go through confirmation with a breeze. Senator Kerry is well-liked and respected by all the other Senators, and the Senate rarely says no to one of their own for things like this. It is the tightest club in the world.

Plus, Kerry is extremely qualified to be Secretary of State.

I totally agree but I don't think Hillary will wait around until 1/20/13 to step down. I would think it would happen the first week of January.

It's a "good problem to have?" How?

If Mitt wins then the field is wide open for the Dems (no rock stars yet but things could change) if Mitt fails, but only if he pulls an Obama and only if someone transformational emerges. Then again, Mitt could just say it's the mess he inherited. If Mitt loses then it's wide open for the GOP.

I do not see Biden as electable. Whenever he ran, he never was very successful. I think he comes in as the leader but not the shoo-in nominee.

The GOP nominated Dole because it was his turn. They nominated McCain because it was his turn. Romney got the nomination because it was his turn. Democrats do not think that way.

It will be more interesting on the GOP side. After two moderates; I can't wait to see what comes out of the GOP in 2016;
I predict Andrew Cuomo, Mark Warner, Hillary maybe. It's not a lock that Biden will run. We may get a Democratic business leader running.

Ya know, I just have a hunch...that we may see a Hollywood movie star throw their hat into the ring. Tom Hanks seems to be getting more and more political with each passing year.

Democrats answer to every question is "Mo' n Bigga Government!"

They are an old, failed party without ideas

Ya know, I just have a hunch...that we may see a Hollywood movie star throw their hat into the ring. Tom Hanks seems to be getting more and more political with each passing year.

Interesting. Although after governor arnie I think more people would be hesitant to vote for a celebrity.

Forum List

Back