The DeLay Shirt, Now THIS! Funny Libs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  2. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    would that those Neoconservative Imperialist Warmongers in the Bush administration could be as "peacefull" as those liberals.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Neo-communist assasination cultists.

4. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    seriously though. I just read an article about all the liberal heckling of conservative people on campus', involving throwing things etc. Then this and the DeLay shirt. Didn't some on this board predict they would get violent when they lost the last election?

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yep. They are not the brightest bulbs. Truth is, if they would stay reasonable, there are fault lines in the GOP and allies. The party in control always has to deal with that problem, yet the far left is making it impossible for any breaking away or opening up...

6. IControlThePast

IControlThePast Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I can't see how you can equate the political positioning of a failing t-shirt retailer with the supposedly Democratic stance of tolerance. It's not like the minority leader is making implicit death threats to judges. There are people with "run Hillary run" bumperstickers on the front of their car where I live, but I don't start threads saying how intolerant "the right" is.

7. nosarcasm

nosarcasm Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +68
    persecution complex is strong on both sides, little whiners.

8. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    Isn't advocating the assassination of the President of the United States a federal offense ? I remember a student in upstate New York made a threat to kill Clinton in a term paper and was visited by the Secret Service. How is wearing a T-shirt that says "Kill Bush" different?

Now, here's following a train of thought..... Sandy "Burgler" the former Security Advisor under Clinton, was caught removing classified documents from the National Archives and destroying some of them. All he got was a fine and his security clearance taken away for three years. If you or I had done something similar, it would be prison.

And furthermore, in my derailed train of thought, why is it when a conservative speaker is heckled, threatened and assaulted at a college university that the perpetrators of said crimes not arrested, tried and convicted?

And of course, there were the now infamous Clinton perjuries.

Now here is where my train comes to the station..... why is it that the law only seems to apply to conservatives? Liberals get a bloody pass on all of it!

As we have seen by the four examples....

1) Liberals can threaten to assassinate the president (or probably any public official) with impunity
    2) Liberals can commit acts of espionage with little more than a slap on the wrist
    3) Liberals can assault and threaten those who hold viewpoints contrary to theirs with little or no consequence
    4) Liberals can commit perjury

It is time to crack down on these liberal hooligans, and make them understand that they have the right to dissent but do not have the right to commit crimes. And if they do, they will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

The Nazis got started this way, too. They commited crimes, got away with it, went on to commit more and more serious crimes and got away with it.... finally when they were voted into office, they commited atrocities on an unspeakable scale, until it all culminated in the Nuremburg trials and a shocked world asking "how was this all allowed to happen?".

Well, folks, this is how it starts, this is how future Holocausts get their start.... you give people who belong to one political party a pass to break the law, you allow them to intimidate, threaten, and assault their political opponents into silence and/or submission, then they will have nothing to stop them.

9. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    Please see new thread

10. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Obviously there are a great many things you are incapable of seeing. Your tired, half-assed attempt at rationalizing is truly pathetic and would probably be well received by the moonbats at the Democratic Underground.

The "Democratic stance of tolerance" is simply a myth because there is no such thing. The Democratic stance requires that you agree with them or you will be labelled a racist, a homophobe, or a hate-speech monger. If that doesn't work, they'll hunt you down to throw pies or various other items at you, heckle conservative speakers whenever and wherever possible, shoot up the premises of opposing voting organizations and other such "tolerant" activities.

Now the left wing pigs come out with explicit threats against the life of the President of the United States, and here you are trying to minimize that with your specious rationalizations. How thoroughly disgusting. You claim on the one hand that Sen DeLay (whom I despise) threatened judges with physical violence when he did no such thing. Unlike the tee shirt which you find so inoffensive, there was nothing in DeLay's statement which could be extrapolated into a death threat by any reasonable interpretation. Of course, expecting a reasonable anything from leftist fools is pretty much like expecting a rock to roll uphill. DeLay said that these judges should be held to account for their decisions. I believe that every judge and every politician should be held to account for their decisions. That doesn't mean that I'm recruiting a firing squad. Yet you seek to interpret a threat of physical violence from that statement while failing to express any outrage whatever at a tee shirt which contains a direct and explicit threat against the life of our President.

It's way past time that the Secret Service and the administration start taking a more hard-nosed attitude about crap like this. Somebody's ass needs to be on the way to prison - and for a good long time too.

Think I'll have a tee shirt made that says "Protect the truth - shoot a Democrat". See how you like that, buttwipe.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1