The definitive guide to the "Global Warming" scam

Researchers are not paid from research grants. They are salaried employees typically working either for the government or for educational institutions. Now, the fossil fuel industries, their livelihoods ARE dependent on convincing people like you to hold the very opinions you're espousing here.
maybe you should learn what a grant is. A grant isn't to produce a negative report about an industry the government wishes to destroy.

maybe you should learn what a grant is. A grant isn't to produce a negative report about an industry the government wishes to destroy.
My god are you stupid.

GRANT: A gift of money for a particular purpose.

The fossil fuel industry has paid billions in taxes and billions supporting politicians. The government has had no wish to destroy it. That desire has arisen among the people, to whom, in a democracy, the government is obligated to listen.

My god are you stupid.

GRANT: A gift of money for a particular purpose.

The fossil fuel industry has paid billions in taxes and billions supporting politicians. The government has had no wish to destroy it. That desire has arisen among the people, to whom, in a democracy, the government is obligated to listen.
I really can’t believe what you ignore on a daily basis

I hope this is not a 'thread diversion' or some other crime, but ... what about the concept of 'Peak Oil'? It is absolutely the case that cheap fossil fuels have been the basis for lifting mankind out of poverty over the last 250 years.

But what if they begin to run out? I don't think any alternative energy supply, at the moment anyway, comes near to being as cheap as they have been.

But is there anything to the prediction that they will run out within this century?

I hope this is not a 'thread diversion' or some other crime, but ... what about the concept of 'Peak Oil'? It is absolutely the case that cheap fossil fuels have been the basis for lifting mankind out of poverty over the last 250 years.

But what if they begin to run out? I don't think any alternative energy supply, at the moment anyway, comes near to being as cheap as they have been.

But is there anything to the prediction that they will run out within this century?
They've been predicting that for almost 100 years. Unconventional reservoirs has extended that quite a bit. But there will come a time when oil will peak. Natural gas on the other hand has quite a bit of life left in it.

They've been predicting that for almost 100 years. Unconventional reservoirs has extended that quite a bit. But there will come a time when oil will peak. Natural gas on the other hand has quite a bit of life left in it.
Ah so. I know that shale has extended the deadline a lot. I've been reading some things by Peter Zeihan.

Ah so. I know that shale has extended the deadline a lot. I've been reading some things by Peter Zeihan.
Yep, shale is a source rock. Gas will be around a lot longer than oil will be. We are probably talking about a hundred years for oil and 500 years or longer for natural gas. It's a big planet.

Yep, shale is a source rock. Gas will be around a lot longer than oil will be. We are probably talking about a hundred years for oil and 500 years or longer for natural gas. It's a big planet.
Yes, although of course, as I'm sure you know, it's not a question of "is the oil down there?" but of "how cheaply can we pull it out?". If we really do enter a period of steeply-rising energy costs, things are going to change a lot, mainly for the worse (although I guess the Green fanatics who see humans as destructive parasites will be happy).

If I were religious, I'd be praying daily for a real breakthrough in fusion power.

For liberals who run around with their hair on fire over global warming the problem isnt that we are running out of oil

Because we arent

New oil and gas deposits are bring discovered all the time

For lefties the fear is that we arent running out fast enough

For liberals who run around with their hair on fire over global warming the problem isnt that we are running out of oil

Because we arent

New oil and gas deposits are bring discovered all the time

For lefties the fear is that we arent running out fast enough
It is a finite resource, so we quite obviously ARE running out of it. And new sources are being found, but that will not go on forever and, of course, the cost gets higher and higher and higher.

It is a finite resource, so we quite obviously ARE running out of it. And new sources are being found, but that will not go on forever and, of course, the cost gets higher and higher and higher.
I go back to a previous post where I observe that what bothers libs the most is that we keep discovering more and thus are not running out fast enough

I go back to a previous post where I observe that what bothers libs the most is that we keep discovering more and thus are not running out fast enough
The Earth is a finite mass. Therefore, any component of the Earth is finite. The petroleum we extract from the Earth is finite. And as it has gotten more and more rare, it has required new methods to find and extract it. This inevitably will increase the cost. It is doubtful that too many folks are going to fill the tank on their Escalade with $50/gallon gasoline. Or $100/gallon gasoline. Eventually it will reach a price point where it cannot be sold economically as a fuel. That point is simply irrefutable.

The Earth is a finite mass. Therefore, any component of the Earth is finite. The petroleum we extract from the Earth is finite. And as it has gotten more and more rare, it has required new methods to find and extract it. This inevitably will increase the cost. It is doubtful that too many folks are going to fill the tank on their Escalade with $50/gallon gasoline. Or $100/gallon gasoline. Eventually it will reach a price point where it cannot be sold economically as a fuel. That point is simply irrefutable.
$100 a gallon gasoline would be a dream come true for libs who are freaked out over the global warming doomsday hoax

$100 a gallon gasoline would be a dream come true for libs who are freaked out over the global warming doomsday hoax
You're not addressing the point here. Petroleum IS FINITE. That is not a disputable point. As we consume it, its price will rise. This has nothing to do with global warming.

You're not addressing the point here. Petroleum IS FINITE. That is not a disputable point. As we consume it, its price will rise. This has nothing to do with global warming.
Yes, but that's not why they are doing what they are doing. It has everything to do with their flawed belief that the planet will transition back to a greenhouse state because of CO2 emissions.

68-models-vs-obs-1979-2021-oceans-Fig01-550x413.jpg

Is it?

We keep finding more when you were hoping for none

So finite could be a very long time

Last edited:
Yes, but that's not why they are doing what they are doing. It has everything to do with their flawed belief that the planet will transition back to a greenhouse state because of CO2 emissions.

68-models-vs-obs-1979-2021-oceans-Fig01-550x413.jpg
Its as if Teddy Roosevelt wanted to “encourage” transition to farm tractors by killing all the horses

Its as if Teddy Roosevelt wanted to “encourage” transition to farm tractors by killing all the horses
I could not have said that better. The free market is an illusion in America. We are in the world of government controlled markets and that has not traditionally ended well.

Forum List

Back