The definition of Irony:

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
The Colts pull their starters thereby giving the Jets a win that gets them into the playoffs, and now they could very well lose out to those Jets next week.

That would be a really strange turn of events, and something for the TV sports gossipers to feed off of for the rest of the winter.

Probability has nothing to do with the existence of the potentiality for extreme irony.

The Colts pull their starters thereby giving the Jets a win that gets them into the playoffs, and now they could very well lose out to those Jets next week.

That would be a really strange turn of events, and something for the TV sports gossipers to feed off of for the rest of the winter.

The Colts will beat the Jets handily.

The Chargers have no running game thanks to the decline of LaDanian Tomlinson so they weren't able to mount long drives in the second half and their Defense has been easy to run against for years. It's not much of a surprise that they lost. Not to mention their place-kicker choked when the chips were down. If he had made two of his missed fieldgoals the Chargers would be traveling to Indianapolis instead of the Jets.

I give the Jets a fighting chance. Indy will probably win, but they'll have to do it without a big day from Reggie Wayne... Revis is gonna shut his ass down.

The Colts will beat the Jets handily.

The Chargers have no running game thanks to the decline of LaDanian Tomlinson so they weren't able to mount long drives in the second half and their Defense has been easy to run against for years. It's not much of a surprise that they lost. Not to mention their place-kicker choked when the chips were down. If he had made two of his missed fieldgoals the Chargers would be traveling to Indianapolis instead of the Jets.

See, this is the sign of an undereducated football fan.

First of all, the last TD by the Chargers was because NY was playing a prevent defense. That opens the field up and allows the offense to move. Not that I'm saying the Jets LET them score, but the prevent D only stops the offense from making the big play. By doing that they allowed SD to kill time off the clock, and being down by 2 possessions, the Jets knew they'd be getting the ball back still holding a lead.

Had SD made all 3 of those FG's, they would still have been down, but by only 1 point. So the Jets would not have used the prevent, because they would have had to keep SD from even getting into field goal range.

And you seem to forget that Indy has no running game either, and they're not exactly a rock on defense. They're average at best, going against the best running team in the NFL.

This game is not even close to being decided yet.

I give the Jets a fighting chance. Indy will probably win, but they'll have to do it without a big day from Reggie Wayne... Revis is gonna shut his ass down.

Yeah, basically they have to keep Clark in check and not allow focusing on Clark and Wayne to open them up to getting beat by Addai.

Manning is going to have to pretty much be perfect. He's not exactly known for that in the postseason throughout his career.

This is the first time in a LONG time that I've been more interested in the AFC championship game.

Last edited:
Revis might switch around between Wayne and Clark, too. He didn't just stay on Jackson yesterday, he covered Gates some too.

And Lito can handle Garcon.

This is the first time in a LONG time that I've been more interested in the AFC championship game.

This game makes me want to puke on my dinner plate and eat it.

I'll be watching, of course ....

Yeah he did make some stupid decisions.

I didn't understand the onside kick at all. With 1 TO and the 2 minute warning, they could have pinned NY deep and hoped for a punt return to get way better field position.

They knew NY was just going to come out and run the ball to kill the clock, there was no pressure on the SD defense at all.

Yeah that's how I feel about the NFC game. I have no dog in this hunt, so I'm rooting for the biggest underdog.

I'd like to see Favre get another shot too. He's really the only QB in the league that I like outside of Philly. In fact, I like him better than McNabb.

Yeah he did make some stupid decisions.

I didn't understand the onside kick at all. With 1 TO and the 2 minute warning, they could have pinned NY deep and hoped for a punt return to get way better field position.

They knew NY was just going to come out and run the ball to kill the clock, there was no pressure on the SD defense at all.

He put his team in the worst position possible to win the game at the end ... that's what Norv Turner does.

Yeah that's how I feel about the NFC game. I have no dog in this hunt, so I'm rooting for the biggest underdog.

I'd like to see Favre get another shot too. He's really the only QB in the league that I like outside of Philly. In fact, I like him better than McNabb.

I loathe Favre.

I've been running my mouth about the Colts not making it to the Super Bowl for like 6 months now but if I knew that meant I would have to root for the freakin' Jets I would have just kept my trap shut.

All I have left is my pick to win it .. The Aints.

And you won't be able to look away. Like I said in another thread, if the Jets were playing anyone else but the Colts I'd be all for them, and will cheer them on in the SB if we do lose.

But,,,,the boys here are thinking "pay back" time, since the Colts didn't get a chance to really play their game against the Jets a few weeks ago. They'll be on fire and ready to prove that they would have won that game if the coach hadn't pulled their starters.

Plus, this one is for all the marbles, a ticket to Miami.

You may not have seen the Ravens game.

Indy used slant patterns that didn't allow anyone to defend the pass. It's a low risk game-plan that worked to perfection. Both the Ravens and the Colts would beat the crap out of the Jets.

The Chargers are not a complete team yet. They need a power runner and Middlelinebacker that can shore up the middle. Right now they have a second-stringer in that position. They need somebody like Junior Seau in his prime.

Last edited:
Are the Jets an underdog

Yes...no doubt about it.

Do they have a chance...sure

Anything can happen in a single game.

Jets are the best of the fundamentals...a solid running game and #1 defense.

Jets went head to head with the Colts a few weeks back and at the end of the half it was only 15-10...hardly a blowout.

It will be a good game...It will not be a blowout by the colts if they do win it.

Are the Jets an underdog

Yes...no doubt about it.

Do they have a chance...sure

Anything can happen in a single game.

Jets are the best of the fundamentals...a solid running game and #1 defense.

Jets went head to head with the Colts a few weeks back and at the end of the half it was only 15-10...hardly a blowout.

It will be a good game...It will not be a blowout by the colts if they do win it.

Colts will have to play better than they did against Baltimore or they will lose.

Forum List

Back