The death of the AGW belief system.

It is pointless to try to talk to someone who maintains no relationship between their claims and what is demonstrably real.

Like when you make claims that you have provided empirical evidence that proves that adding CO2 to the atmosphere causes warming....but can't seem to produce the material when you are directly asked for it......like right now... Like you say...people who make claims but can't produce data are just talking out of their asses...do you never tire of talking out of your ass?

We had consensus, the science was settled. I mean we were the only settled science on the planet! Not even Relativity was settled...where did it all go wrong?

As this thread illustrates, the few remaining hardcore denier cultists here are now only interesting as case studies in abnormal psychology. There's little reason to pay attention to them for any other reason. These are the kinds of personality disorders common to deniers. For your own amusement, you can classify each each individual denier here by their respective personality disorders (they usually have more than one.)

1. Paranoid ("Global warming is a hoax!")

2. Narcissistic ("After scanning a few blogs, I obviously know better than all the best minds on the planet who have spent a lifetime working on the topic, being I am incapable of error.")

3. Sociopathic ("Lying for the cause is justified! Death threats are justified! All my bad behavior is justified!")

4. Histrionic ("Pay attention to me me me me me!")

5. Schizotypal ("I refuse to leave my bunker, where I read conspiracy blogs all day long, explaining my detachment from reality.")

6. Anti-social ("I HATE YOU &#^#%^ DIRTY WARMERS!")

So what creates a denier cultist? One big factor is the echo chamber. Unlike normal people, deniers usually refuse to look at any sources outside of their cult echo chamber, auto-defining any such outside sources as invalid.

Climate Change Debate Fueled by ‘Echo Chambers,’ New Study Finds

Lewandowski put out this classic paper on how deniers are mentally predisposed to fall for wide range of conspiracy theories.

NASA Faked the Moon Landing—Therefore, (Climate) Science Is a Hoax

That paper inspired deranged conspiracy rage from deniers, thus proving its point and leading to the Recursive Fury paper.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/files/2014/03/fpsyg-04-00073.pdf

That prompted deniers to go on a jihad against the publisher. The right-wing authoritarian mindset common to deniers is decribed by Altmeyer's classic paper "The Authoritarians".

http://members.shaw.ca/jeanaltemeyer/drbob/TheAuthoritarians.pdf

project much hairball?....oldest propaganda trick in the book....blame your opponents for the very behavior you are guilty of....your post above couldn't describe warmer wackos better......paranoid.....big oil is doing this and that....narcissistic.....disregard skeptics who are at the top of their fields and nobel prize winners...ours are better even though they are fake nobel winners....sociopathic...how many people have died as a result of environmental legislation?....billions....literal oceans of blood on your hands....histrionic...review your own posts you hypocrite....schizotypal...reference skeptical science...your primary source of information...antisocial...it is yours who have literally called for death to deniers....you are the most hypocritical bunch of whining crybabies ever....and you are losing.

Oh my, the fellow of intelligent photons wishes to be considered an expert on science. Fellow, your past posts have pegged you as an ignorant fruitloop.

The heads of the major nations all state AGW is real, and a current problem, one that will only get worse. Virtually the whole of the scientific community states that AGW is real and a clear and present danger. Only the wingnut 'Conservatives' refuse to face reality.

Oh my, the fellow of intelligent photons wishes to be considered an expert on science. Fellow, your past posts have pegged you as an ignorant fruitloop.

The heads of the major nations all state AGW is real, and a current problem, one that will only get worse. Virtually the whole of the scientific community states that AGW is real and a clear and present danger. Only the wingnut 'Conservatives' refuse to face reality.
Untitled_thumb.jpg

Frankie Boy, that silly cartoon is wearing out.

By the way, I haven't seen you post yet on how Hillary will not win the nomination. LOL

And still no empirical evidence that proves the most fundamental claim of AGW....and it is my predictions that are being born out in the real world...not those of climate pseudoscience....CO2 does not cause warming...the climate sensitivity to CO2 is zero or less.

Frankie Boy, that silly cartoon is wearing out.

By the way, I haven't seen you post yet on how Hillary will not win the nomination. LOL

Nah...so long as people remember who it was who got stuck in the ice and what they were trying to prove when they got stuck....it will still be funny...when pompous, condescending know it alls fail on such an epic level, it can't help but be funny.

Did you hear Ted Cruz at his global warming show? He repeatedly confused Arctic and Antarctic. He claimed that Arctic ice extents are growing. He wouldn't have made it on this board much less the White House

project much hairball?....

Only a few deniers here display all 6 of the common denier personality disorders -- paranoid, narcissistic, histrionic, sociopathic, schizotypal and antisocial. SSDD is one of them. At this stage of the game, only the most abnormal personalities are still hardcore deniers.

For some more "The deniers are dying" news, denier lobbying group CFACT reported $1.5 million income for 2014, down from $5.5 million in 2012. Corporations are cutting ties to denier lobbying group ALEC as well.

Corporations that Have Cut Ties to ALEC - SourceWatch

Deniers are increasingly considered to be politically toxic now. And they can't buy politicians without money.

CFACT/Heritage put on their own counter-meeting in Paris.

U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe to Address Heartland Institute Climate Confer…

They invited Sen. Inhofe, but he only sent a video. Deniers aren't doing so well. They got about 30 people total, including speakers and reporters.

I don't think anyone is going to play through the 6+ hours of that. Heritage fails with their media plan there. I skimmed through it. The only person I recognized by sight was Monckton. He did most of the talking, even when he wasn't the speaker.

Did you hear Ted Cruz at his global warming show? He repeatedly confused Arctic and Antarctic. He claimed that Arctic ice extents are growing. He wouldn't have made it on this board much less the White House

Arctic ice is growing goob.....you didn't know that? The rate of ice growth in the Arctic is at this point, record breaking...

2015-12-11-01-52-34.png

project much hairball?....

Only a few deniers here display all 6 of the common denier personality disorders -- paranoid, narcissistic, histrionic, sociopathic, schizotypal and antisocial. SSDD is one of them. At this stage of the game, only the most abnormal personalities are still hardcore deniers.

Deniers are increasingly considered to be politically toxic now. And they can't buy politicians without money.

Says the paranoid, narcissistic, histrionic, sociopathic, schizotypal and antisocial hairball...you will pardon me if I don't run out and seek help based on your crazy handwaving claim...

CFACT/Heritage put on their own counter-meeting in Paris.

U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe to Address Heartland Institute Climate Confer…

They invited Sen. Inhofe, but he only sent a video. Deniers aren't doing so well. They got about 30 people total, including speakers and reporters.

I don't think anyone is going to play through the 6+ hours of that. Heritage fails with their media plan there. I skimmed through it. The only person I recognized by sight was Monckton. He did most of the talking, even when he wasn't the speaker.

You lie and spout disinformation all over the place..

French police have limited movement of all but a very few people. Yet you claim they only drew 30 people but forget to point out that fact.

The french press has stopped all coverage of those who do not believe the lies.. Nice Stalinist approach of silencing any dissent to make it appear as if everyone believes this crap..

The hairball is a dishonest propagandist..

Arctic ice is growing goob.....you didn't know that? The rate of ice growth in the Arctic is at this point, record breaking...

2015-12-11-01-52-34.png

Its amazing what happens when the Polar Low returns to center and the cooling settles in.. Its going to be a record setting year of ice gains.

2015-12-11-01-52-34.png

"Record breaking" ? ? ? And you try to tell me I can't read a graph.

I interviewed a major firm's climate scientist in London a few years back. I said "the best efforts of America and other enlightened countries to reduce impacts will be outpaced by the level of environmental impacts of China and other third world developing countries...thus we will likely get what we're going to get over the next 50 years, regardless..." The reply was simply "we agree, however it's not the next 50 years that are the existential concern, rather it's the 50 years thereafter!"

Forum List

Back