The death of Thanksgiving?

Will you shop on Thanksgiviong Day

• Total voters
That was me too. Which is why I try to remember to give a 'none of the above' or 'other' option when I include a poll on my threads. I simply don't have any problem going shopping on Thanksgiving if that is what my loved ones want to do. And we have had an absolute ball on those outings. But it is not for the bargains. It is for the activity itself. And that option wasn't there. This year I won't be shopping because the folks we'll have for Thanksgiving Dinner will not be interested in doing that. And that's okay too.

JESUS CHRIST....it's a simple either or question....WTF is it about you starched-ass introverts that puts any "gray areas" in it....just answer the fucking question one way or the other. :doubt:
Blame me! I put the poll on the thread. I added qualifiers that could be read as judgmental. As it turns out, the questions aren't as simple as one might think. Perhaps if I had just included a one syllable 'yes' and a one syllable 'no', the poll might not reflect any underlying motives. But I didn't. I colored the questions with my own prejudices. If anyone deserves to be called a starch-assed introvert, it's me.

Dammit Nosmo, you starch-assed introvert! ;)

I'm pretty sure I've never used that phrase before and will never use it again. :lol:

That was me too. Which is why I try to remember to give a 'none of the above' or 'other' option when I include a poll on my threads. I simply don't have any problem going shopping on Thanksgiving if that is what my loved ones want to do. And we have had an absolute ball on those outings. But it is not for the bargains. It is for the activity itself. And that option wasn't there. This year I won't be shopping because the folks we'll have for Thanksgiving Dinner will not be interested in doing that. And that's okay too.

JESUS CHRIST....it's a simple either or question....WTF is it about you starched-ass introverts that puts any "gray areas" in it....just answer the fucking question one way or the other. :doubt:
Blame me! I put the poll on the thread. I added qualifiers that could be read as judgmental. As it turns out, the questions aren't as simple as one might think. Perhaps if I had just included a one syllable 'yes' and a one syllable 'no', the poll might not reflect any underlying motives. But I didn't. I colored the questions with my own prejudices. If anyone deserves to be called a starch-assed introvert, it's me.

LOL. Yes the two options were a bit leading, but 'starch-assed introvert' is not a characterization I would apply to you. It has really been a good thread for the most part and has produced some good discussion. I can usually ignore the trolls and detractors on both sides--those who cannot appreciate your point of view, or who cannot tolerate mine.

I'm about tempted to start cooking Thanksgiving dinner right now~!

I used to start cooking a week ahead and freeze all the bread and pies. I made everything myself, from scratch. Put it on the table and get out of the house.

Boy, you know your cooking stinks when you can't even stay in the house while others are eating it.

It's more like "while others are fighting over it", but have it your way.

LOL. Yes the two options were a bit leading, but 'starch-assed introvert' is not a characterization I would apply to you. It has really been a good thread for the most part and has produced some good discussion. I can usually ignore the trolls and detractors on both sides--those who cannot appreciate your point of view, or who cannot tolerate mine.

I agree with Foxy here -- a plain-Jane yes/no would be boring and uneventful. Put a slant in it and you spark some lively exercise, which sparks new ideas and viewpoints we wouldn't have had otherwise. So I think you did the right thing in putting an edge on this thing.

Actually this website wants us to take a position in our OPs, which I thought was a little weird, but in this case it spurs open sharing of viewpoints, which is after all what a discussion board is for. And considering the issue I'm not sure you could have put any other kind of edge on it anyway.

So considering discussion needs a catalyst, you done good, Nosmo :thup:

Forum List

Back