The Dangers Of Closing Gitmo

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    The misguided chants continue.

more

http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry200506140758.asp

2. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My simple question is, why is the United States of America running a concentration camp? That's exactly what it is. We are confining people who have not been charged with a crime, refusing to allow them legal representation and subjecting them to the same type of abuse that people have spent decades condemning after Japan and Germany did it in WWII.

3. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    What abuse? Oh no, guy is having water dumped on him and is forced to have women and dogs close by. I personally get little sleep at night.

4. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't answer my question though. Your lifestyle habits are your own.

5. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Gitmo is not a concentration camp, as you damn well know, so go spout your leftist propaganda on DU where they can applaud your great insight and brilliance. Since you seem to think the terrorists are being so badly treated, you must be ignorant of the many videos showing their great glee chopping off the heads of innocent people who just happened to be within their grabbing range? I don't believe I have read any posts from you venting your outrage about that. That does outrage you, doesn't it? Well, maybe not because it wasn't Americans committing the beheadings. You should tell your doctor that you need new medication, for whatever he is prescribing now is not curing your delusions. I personally applaud America for its treatment of those detained at Gitmo. You cannot name me one country involved in a war that has treated those captured in battle any better.

6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    let's see...a 21 year old Berkeley Psych major from Anaheim....yeah, lots of wisdom in that package!

7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I would hardly call it a concentration camp. It's more like a POW camp for terrorists. They are still getting three meals a day, freedom to worship according to their doctrine, shelter, health care, etc. It's not like we're starving, gassing, and baking them.

8. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    That much of your post I can agree with. It IS a "simple" question. Simple minded.

9. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    To me, one of the biggest dangers in closing Gitmo is that once again, we will be caving in to PC leftist idiots who think that William Kunstler should represent every captured terrorist in an American court. These fools, much like the one in this thread who bemoans this "concentration camp", think that captured enemy combatants have the same rights as citizens of the US.

If we close Gitmo, we will hand them another undeserved victory. Worse, we will reveal ourselves as a pack of weak-willed fools to the very people who seek to destroy us. Hostile muslims throughout the world will see the closure of Gitmo as a victory. Closure of this facility will NOT result in fewer attacks on US forces, it will embolden these idiots and the result will be better terrorist recruiting and ever more attacks.

But folks like Garbledella can't see that far. They filter everything through their little PC funnels and they resent the fact that we might be a little rough on some detainees. They don't seem to mind that lack of intel hurts our troops.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, who has made the determination that everyone imprisoned at Gitmo is a "terrorist?" Or was it merely an arbitrary decision?
    Those who have visited Gitmo might dispute the rest of your statement. The prisoners might not have been gassed, but there is evidence that many have been starved and baked (by the sun and heat).

Well, at least one of us has to have some. There is precious little elsewhere.