The daily co2 level crosses 407 parts per million

OMMFG!!!!!!!!!

Scripps has published their daily averages too

April 8 - 409.39 ppm
April 9 - 409.44 ppm !!!!!
April 10 - 409.29 ppm

Matty breath into a paper bag, you're hysterical
As are all the warmers
what about pray tell? I give two shits if the CO2 goes to five hundred. you can't tell us what the change will do, so why should I give two fks?

easy bro-----it ain't me crying that the sky is falling. Ask Matthew and his buddies what's going to happen next.

OMMFG!!!!!!!!!

Scripps has published their daily averages too

April 8 - 409.39 ppm
April 9 - 409.44 ppm !!!!!
April 10 - 409.29 ppm

Matty breath into a paper bag, you're hysterical
As are all the warmers
what about pray tell? I give two shits if the CO2 goes to five hundred. you can't tell us what the change will do, so why should I give two fks?

easy bro-----it ain't me crying that the sky is falling. Ask Matthew and his buddies what's going to happen next.
dude, i'm so, so sorry. I misread your post. hahahahahahahahahaaha sometimes I over read a simple line.

Isaac,

Seeing that the Great Dying 250 million years ago(during the Permian) that killed 90%+ of all life on earth was caused by green house gases. This number is in fact a very serious one.

Do you have one shred of actual fact to support that f'ing ridiculous claim? Even one?...never mind...of course you don't.....none of you people ever have any actual fact to support any of your ridiculous claims.

I guess that you are unaware that at the time of the Permian extinction, atmospheric CO2 levels were at about 2000ppm by our best estimates and temperatures peaked out at about 23 degrees C... During the Devonian period, a time when life literally teemed in the oceans and the vertebrates emerged, atmospheric CO2 was in the neighborhood of 4000ppm and temperatures peaked out at about 22 degrees C and nothing like an extinction happened....in fact, life was blooming at least until the earth began to descend into an ice age....with CO2 levels at 4000ppm. Your hysterics would be laughable if it weren't for the fact that so many have been duped right along with you.

but do explain why you believe 2000ppm resulted in a mass extinction while 4000ppm did not.

And our resident left wing idiots fail to even address the very basic problem with taking CO2 measurements in close proximity to active volcanoes..

Activity Summary: Kīlauea continues to erupt at both the summit, where there is a circulating lava lake, and from its East Rift Zone, where surface lava flows are active northeast of the Puʻu ʻŌʻō vent. The East Rift Zone lava flow currently poses no threat to nearby communities. The summit inflationary trend continued during the past 24 hours; earthquake rates and seismic tremor have not changed significantly in the past day.

CO2 out-gassing levels have been spiking for over two weeks due to an inflation of the cone area and the increased activity over the Oz chain..

These left wing fools are so gullible..

Source

Good thing I bought a new Ford F150 XLT today, have to do my part and contribute to raise the C02 over 450 ppm :)

God are you stupid.

Mauna Loa Observatory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Observatory from air.

Satellite image of the summit of Mauna Loa overlaid with 100-meter contour lines.
The Mauna Loa Observatory (MLO) is an atmospheric baseline station on Mauna Loa, on the island of Hawaii.

The observatory

Two domes house solar sensors.

The Keeling Curve: Atmospheric CO2 concentrations as measured at Mauna Loa Observatory
Since 1956 Mauna Loa Observatory (MLO) has been monitoring and collecting data relating to atmospheric change, and is known especially for the continuous monitoring of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2), which is sometimes referred to as the Keeling Curve. The observatory is under the Earth System Research Laboratory which is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA). According to the NOAA, Mauna Loa is the world's oldest continuous CO2 monitoring station, and the world's primary benchmark site for measurement of the gas. [1]

The latest observation of CO2 concentrations from MLO can be found at web sites along with data from other sites[2] and trends at Mauna Loa.[3] The MLO levels can be compared with other sites in the global monitoring network.

MLO has activities at five locations on the Big Island. The primary observing site is located at the 3397 m (11,141 ft) level on Mauna Loa's north slope ( 19°32′10″N 155°34′34″WCoordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
19°32′10″N 155°34′34″W) about 5 km north of the summit Mokuaweoweo. The Mauna Loa Solar Observatory shares this site. The administration and some data processing are done in the Hilo, Hawaii office. Kulani Mauka is a rain collection site. Cape Kumukahi is a flask sample site located on the easternmost point of Hawaii. At the Hilo airport, weekly balloon-borne instruments are prepared and launched to measure ozone from the surface to usually over 30 km.[4] The observatory site is also a temporary home to acosmic microwave background observatory called AMiBA.[5]

Mauna Loa was originally chosen as a monitoring site because, located far from any continent, the air was sampled and is a good average for the central Pacific. Being high, it is above the inversion layer where most of the local effects are present and there was already a rough road to the summit built by the military. The contamination from local volcanic sources is sometimes detected at the observatory, and is then removed from the background data.[6]

scribbler on recent CO2 reading and context: Hothouse Gas Spikes to Extreme 409.3 Parts Per Million on April 10 — Record Rate of Atmospheric CO2 Increase Likely for 2016

Hothouse Gas Spikes to Extreme 409.3 Parts Per Million on April 10 — Record Rate of Atmospheric CO2 Increase Likely for 2016

Simply put, a rapid atmospheric accumulation of greenhouse gasses is swiftly pushing the Earth well outside of any climate context that human beings are used to. The influence of an extreme El Nino on the world ocean system’s ability to take down a massive human carbon emission together with signs of what appears to be a significantly smaller but growing emission from global carbon stores looks to be setting the world up for another record jump in atmospheric CO2 levels during 2016.

Already, as we near the annual peak during late April through early May, major CO2 spikes are starting to show up. On Sunday, April 10 the Mauna Loa Observatory recorded a daily CO2 reading in the extraordinary range of 409.3 parts per million. These readings follow March monthly averages near 405 parts per million and precede an annual monthly peak in May that’s likely to hit above 407 parts per million and may strike as high as 409 parts per million. These are levels about 135 to 235 parts per million above the average interglacial to ice age range for CO2 levels during the relatively stable climate period of the last 2 million years.

In other words — atmospheric CO2 levels continue to climb into unprecedented ranges. Levels that are increasingly out-of-context scary. For we haven’t seen readings of this heat trapping gas hit so high in any time during at least the past 15 million years.

You and McKibin need to take your meds...

God are you stupid.

Mauna Loa Observatory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Observatory from air.

Satellite image of the summit of Mauna Loa overlaid with 100-meter contour lines.
The Mauna Loa Observatory (MLO) is an atmospheric baseline station on Mauna Loa, on the island of Hawaii.

The observatory

Two domes house solar sensors.

The Keeling Curve: Atmospheric CO2 concentrations as measured at Mauna Loa Observatory
Since 1956 Mauna Loa Observatory (MLO) has been monitoring and collecting data relating to atmospheric change, and is known especially for the continuous monitoring of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2), which is sometimes referred to as the Keeling Curve. The observatory is under the Earth System Research Laboratory which is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA). According to the NOAA, Mauna Loa is the world's oldest continuous CO2 monitoring station, and the world's primary benchmark site for measurement of the gas. [1]

The latest observation of CO2 concentrations from MLO can be found at web sites along with data from other sites[2] and trends at Mauna Loa.[3] The MLO levels can be compared with other sites in the global monitoring network.

MLO has activities at five locations on the Big Island. The primary observing site is located at the 3397 m (11,141 ft) level on Mauna Loa's north slope ( 19°32′10″N 155°34′34″WCoordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
19°32′10″N 155°34′34″W) about 5 km north of the summit Mokuaweoweo. The Mauna Loa Solar Observatory shares this site. The administration and some data processing are done in the Hilo, Hawaii office. Kulani Mauka is a rain collection site. Cape Kumukahi is a flask sample site located on the easternmost point of Hawaii. At the Hilo airport, weekly balloon-borne instruments are prepared and launched to measure ozone from the surface to usually over 30 km.[4] The observatory site is also a temporary home to acosmic microwave background observatory called AMiBA.[5]

Mauna Loa was originally chosen as a monitoring site because, located far from any continent, the air was sampled and is a good average for the central Pacific. Being high, it is above the inversion layer where most of the local effects are present and there was already a rough road to the summit built by the military. The contamination from local volcanic sources is sometimes detected at the observatory, and is then removed from the background data.[6]

The cone area is rising and has been for two months or much longer. Oz chain is now oozing a a significant rate and they are all out-gassing..

GOD ARE YOU STUPID!

Using your own words to show you how incredibly stupid you are. You cant even recognize the mechanism causing the spike..

Please show me where this "spike" is more than a localized event as HVO has identified it...

I LOVE CO2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's true; CO2 is good for plants! That means it's good for farmers and the communities they sustain.

A little real science for global warming fanatics: A carbon dioxide molecule is made up of one carbon atom and two oxygen atoms. Plants have a remarkable ability to split a CO2 molecule! They use the carbon atom and expel the two oxygen atoms. This is how they grow the carbohydrates we eat and make the oxygen we breathe. Cleaver isn't it?

And do you actually think the people at Mauna Loa are unaware of that?

Fucking idiot.

You fucking idiot. I just post that they were and that it was a LOCALIZED EVENT.. but you breathless morons are panting, running in circles, and screaming the sky is falling when the spike is caused by natural event... Ignorant fool..

Forum List

Back