The culture of the 80s vs... ==) NOW!

Dude111

VIP Member
Jun 6, 2011
I dont know if im the only one,i dont want to be blasted as its only my opinion... Look at the 80s ===) The movies were pretty good,the music was very good and the commercials good also!! > people also were more free than now...

Now its boring enough,the music sucks for the most part,quality is horrible,etc.....

Our kids will talk to their kids in the future about Ja Rule,Christina Aguilera and N'Sync?? Oh give me a break please! And what about the movies,its only remakes mostly of GOOD MOVIES or other crap,hardily anything good like we had then...

Clothes are made like crap now,FEEL AWEFULL,etc.........

Im glad im not a young one growing up with the garbage of today,i am happy i was young in the 80s when it was MUCH BETTER AND HAPPIER!!

I love the 80's.....

I listen to Billy Idol, Tears for Fears etc...

I was born in 1980 so I have many fond memories from the 80's.....

I like many John Hughes movies... Many were filmed in my area...

My buddy lives a block away from "Shermer High" - you can see his apartment in the background at the end of the Breakfast Club when Bender is walking across the football field at the end...

Oh and I can tell you why his name was "Bender" its because a few blocks from there there is a road called "Bender Road."

Last edited:
Who were the great bands and what were the great movies to come out of there 80s?

Who were the great bands and what were the great movies to come out of there 80s?

Guns N Roses, Metallica, Motley Crue..

Take your pick of good movies..

GNR - Good band, Metallica is from the late 70's - though gained fame in the 80's, Motley Crue are talentless hacks depending on theater and press to fill in for lack of actual ability.

I dont know if im the only one,i dont want to be blasted as its only my opinion... Look at the 80s ===) The movies were pretty good,the music was very good and the commercials good also!! > people also were more free than now...

Now its boring enough,the music sucks for the most part,quality is horrible,etc.....

Our kids will talk to their kids in the future about Ja Rule,Christina Aguilera and N'Sync?? Oh give me a break please! And what about the movies,its only remakes mostly of GOOD MOVIES or other crap,hardily anything good like we had then...

Clothes are made like crap now,FEEL AWEFULL,etc.........

Im glad im not a young one growing up with the garbage of today,i am happy i was young in the 80s when it was MUCH BETTER AND HAPPIER!!

The 80s.... when you became sexually active........ :eusa_whistle:

Guns N Roses, Metallica, Motley Crue..

Take your pick of good movies..

GNR - Good band, Metallica is from the late 70's - though gained fame in the 80's, Motley Crue are talentless hacks depending on theater and press to fill in for lack of actual ability.

I've never heard a Metallica track from the 70's...

I like Motely Crue, I'm actually listing to "home sweet home" right now....

I grew up listening to Motley in the early 90's....

GNR is awesome too....

They were at Gazzarri's all the time in the late 70's. I don't think they did an album until the 80's

I've never had any respect for them, they remind me of KISS, manufactured controversy.

GNR is awesome too....

Slash is really talented. Velvet Revolver is good as well.

They were at Gazzarri's all the time in the late 70's. I don't think they did an album until the 80's

I've never had any respect for them, they remind me of KISS, manufactured controversy.

GNR is awesome too....

Slash is really talented. Velvet Revolver is good as well.

I know Metallica had underground albums that were as early as 1983 but "Ride the Lightning" wasn't until 1984 or so................

Forum List

Back