The Cost of Obamacare

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I was listening to the news earlier today and the discussion was about our various health insurance carriers issuing letters to their insureds about the increases in premiums for coverage under Obamacare. It appears these letters have caused insured some discomfort and they've begun speaking out. Only a few states were mentioned, but these increase percentages were staggering - the one that stands out in my mind is the 101% increase in Nevada. I don't know whether this would be enough cause for Nevada voters to end Harry Reid's career or not (however, if I were a Nevada voter it would work for me).

I haven't found much of anything beyond news organization reports to verify this so I'm attaching the one thing I have found that seems to have some sort of support for this news:

Insurance News - OBAMACARE RATE SHOCKER: Committee Surveys Leading Insurance Companies--Obamacare to Cause Premiums to Spike Nationwide, as High as 400 Percent

Any thoughts?

I was listening to the news earlier today and the discussion was about our various health insurance carriers issuing letters to their insureds about the increases in premiums for coverage under Obamacare. It appears these letters have caused insured some discomfort and they've begun speaking out. Only a few states were mentioned, but these increase percentages were staggering - the one that stands out in my mind is the 101% increase in Nevada. I don't know whether this would be enough cause for Nevada voters to end Harry Reid's career or not (however, if I were a Nevada voter it would work for me).

I haven't found much of anything beyond news organization reports to verify this so I'm attaching the one thing I have found that seems to have some sort of support for this news:

Insurance News - OBAMACARE RATE SHOCKER: Committee Surveys Leading Insurance Companies--Obamacare to Cause Premiums to Spike Nationwide, as High as 400 Percent

Any thoughts?

The 101% increase I had not heard about but my rates are going up 88%, which I knew would happen. Our state is actually ahead of the curve as regards the Health Exchanges but so far none that I have seen allow me to keep by cardiologist...kind of an important thing, nor my primary care physician. So, yes. The politicians lied as anyone with a brain knew they were doing.

Fortunately I can afford to keep my doctor regardless of the governments attempts to murder me. Those not in my financial situation though are screwed. Thanks LIBTARDS!

Forum List

Back