The Corrupt Media

Rob37

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2017
Let's look at what we know about the Flynn matter. Here are the facts:

Flynn calls and talks to a Russian ambassador after the election but prior to Trump being sworn in as President.

Flynn was a private citizen when the NSA tapped and recorded his phone calls

NSA or other fed leaked this info.

No evidence exists that anything was negotiated, offered or that there was any cooperation.

Flynn may, or may not, have misrepresented to Trump's people the content of these phone calls.

Trump may or may not of known about the content of said phone calls.

Flynn resigns.

Now, here is what the media is reporting:

Flynn violated Logan Act; he may have been coordinating with Russia to undermine Obama and his sanctions against Russia.

This is evidence of a pattern of cooperation between Russia and Trump to get Trump elected and to give Russia undue influence on American policy.

Russia "hacked" the American election.

Trump WH is in disarray.

Trump WH has not answered these charges, and their failure to answer is a story in itself.

All of the above "reports" are, of course, unsupported by any evidence. They are false. They are fake. The media is reporting fake news.

This is a media constructed scandal. The media created it, they rabidly report it, when Trump laughs at them they go farther and report on Trump's failure to respond as a story on his incompetence, or implies that his silence suggests complicity in the greater Trump-Putin conspiracy.

As a sane person listening to the media this is absolutely infuriating. I watch and listen to leftist media. I do this for 2 reasons. First, I already know what FOX is going to say, though I will check out some of their shows for headlining news. Second, I want to know what the enemy is doing. The second reason is the main reason. I just want to know what those sneaky little rats are saying to their viewers.

Here is my hope: The leftist media is undermining their own credibility with this Russia/Flynn bullshit. If I am becoming infuriated then I know others are as well. Plus, let's face it: not everybody is as stupid as the leftist scumfucks on USMB. Sure, there are stupid people out there and there is the lost generation of millennial snowflakes, but most of us still remember the time before Obama, when America still had a fucking soul.

As far as I am concerned, when the news media starts taking sides and reporting fake news, then they LOSE their protection as a first amendment press outlet. I am not saying ban them. But I am saying that there should be a banner scrolling on CNN, MSNBC, and the networks saying "WE ARE AN OPINION BROADCAST. WE PUBLISH OPINIONS. SOMETIMES WE REPORT FACT-BASED MATTERS. BUT WE ALSO INFUSE ALL REPORTING WITH OPINION BASED BULLSHIT WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT REFLECT REALITY. OUR BROADCAST CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR FACTUAL, UNBIASED NEWS REPORTING. WE ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND ATTITUDINAL REENFORCEMENT."

My husband bitched about this last night, he'd left the channel on whatever and flipped it on when he got home to find the MSM lying their assess off. (Don't recall what channel news he was raging about.) He was really upset with the portrayal the MSM was putting out, enough to come all the way down here. He thinks they should be shut down for all their bullshit lying heh

I think they should end up in court like Fox did and have to admit that they're purely opinion news for "entertainment" only.

Flynn calls and talks to a Russian ambassador after the election but prior to Trump being sworn in as President.

No evidence exists that anything was negotiated, offered or that there was any cooperation.

Flynn may, or may not, have misrepresented to Trump's people the content of these phone calls.

Flynn resigns.

Flynn violated Logan Act; he may have been coordinating with Russia to undermine Obama and his sanctions against Russia.

This is evidence of a pattern of cooperation between Russia and Trump to get Trump elected and to give Russia undue influence on American policy.

Trump WH is in disarray.

Trump WH has not answered these charges, and their failure to answer is a story in itself.

All of the above "reports" are, of course, unsupported by any evidence. They are false. They are fake. The media is reporting fake news.

This is a media constructed scandal. The media created it, they rabidly report it, when Trump laughs at them they go farther and report on Trump's failure to respond as a story on his incompetence, or implies that his silence suggests complicity in the greater Trump-Putin conspiracy.

As a sane person listening to the media this is absolutely infuriating. I watch and listen to leftist media. I do this for 2 reasons. First, I already know what FOX is going to say, though I will check out some of their shows for headlining news. Second, I want to know what the enemy is doing. The second reason is the main reason. I just want to know what those sneaky little rats are saying to their viewers.

Here is my hope: The leftist media is undermining their own credibility with this Russia/Flynn bullshit. If I am becoming infuriated then I know others are as well. Plus, let's face it: not everybody is as stupid as the leftist scumfucks on USMB. Sure, there are stupid people out there and there is the lost generation of millennial snowflakes, but most of us still remember the time before Obama, when America still had a fucking soul.

As far as I am concerned, when the news media starts taking sides and reporting fake news, then they LOSE their protection as a first amendment press outlet. I am not saying ban them. But I am saying that there should be a banner scrolling on CNN, MSNBC, and the networks saying "WE ARE AN OPINION BROADCAST. WE PUBLISH OPINIONS. SOMETIMES WE REPORT FACT-BASED MATTERS. BUT WE ALSO INFUSE ALL REPORTING WITH OPINION BASED BULLSHIT WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT REFLECT REALITY. OUR BROADCAST CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR FACTUAL, UNBIASED NEWS REPORTING. WE ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND ATTITUDINAL REENFORCEMENT."
First, I already know what FOX is going to say, though I will check out some of their shows for headlining news.

So you BEGIN by knowing the news, and appreciating that whatever you believe, FOX will indulge....

Then you check out MSM to determine HOW FAR from the reality (of your design), they have strayed.

You insist that CNN and MSNBC provide disclaimers to the effect that everything they present is opinion.....which you know, because it is in conflict with your own....

Rob,

I'm betting no one has ever offered to pay you to think....

My husband bitched about this last night, he'd left the channel on whatever and flipped it on when he got home to find the MSM lying their assess off. (Don't recall what channel news he was raging about.) He was really upset with the portrayal the MSM was putting out, enough to come all the way down here. He thinks they should be shut down for all their bullshit lying heh

I think they should end up in court like Fox did and have to admit that they're purely opinion news for "entertainment" only.
He thinks they should be shut down for all their bullshit lying heh

Your hubby......he's not the sharpest tool, is he? How can he know that statements, about which he didn't previously know anything, are "lies"?

Do you know how FOX wound up having to do so?

On the strength of the EVIDENCE.

My hubby is a complete asshole, yes. He's military and the rules are a bit different for them. On the plus side, he's not in politics either so his opinion is his opinion alone.

Oh there's plenty of evidence that the MSM lie like dogs, I don't think it'd be any problem at all.

This three ring circus is starting to look suspiciously like a whitehouse full of Russian moles. Which begs the the question. Is trump working for us, or the Russians.

Trump is a bald faced liar so we can't believe anything he says.

Flynn resigns.

Trump WH is in disarray.

....simply stating all non-right wing propaganda is 'fake news' won't help ya here tiger, this a discussion of the facts and not your magical thinking

Forum List

Back