The Conventional Wisdom of What Trump Needs to Do in his Speech

It can be wrapped up in a single term: "Self-delusion". It's what he's always lived on. It's what enables him to deny he ever had a bankruptcy or knew who David Duke was or mocked a reporter's disability, and actually believe it. He could probably pass a lie detector test, so much does he believe his own bullshit, which is like eating your own snot.

That's way worse than the 'pathological liar' some of his rivals describe. A liar at least knows, somewhere, that he's lying. Rump is too mentally fucked up to figure that out.

It can be wrapped up in a single term: "Self-delusion". It's what he's always lived on. It's what enables him to deny he ever had a bankruptcy or knew who David Duke was or mocked a reporter's disability, and actually believe it. He could probably pass a lie detector test, so much does he believe his own bullshit, which is like eating your own snot.

That's way worse than the 'pathological liar' some of his rivals describe. A liar at least knows, somewhere, that he's lying. Rump is too mentally fucked up to figure that out.

Imo, his ego is so large that "truth." on all but very core issues like family and whether he would commit murder, fluctuates. Imo, there are two questions that his speech will answer. 1) Is he cognizant enough of what typically passes for reality that he understands he needs to sell himself as having a mission for America's future, and a plan to get there ... AND what he's put forth so far isn't getting it done with enough to elect him. In theory, if he just does a victory lap repeating his stuff, it likely isn't enough.
2) Is it possible conventional wisdom doesn't apply in his case, and victory lap will me the ticket?

90% of the population won't watch or care about his or Hillary's speech. THAT is the only fail in this scenario. The public at large doesn't care. We put a lot of stock in the conventions but we are the minority.

90% of the population won't watch or care about his or Hillary's speech. THAT is the only fail in this scenario. The public at large doesn't care. We put a lot of stock in the conventions but we are the minority.

That's true. Actually the only coverage I've seen live as it was happening was in a halal grocery with people speaking Arabic all around. It was kind of surreal, at least to me, but nobody in the room was paying any attention to it.

I can't see pissing away valuable time on that shit. If there are highlights worth watching, somebody will upload it; I don't need to know "now".

Imo, his ego is so large that "truth." on all but very core issues like family and whether he would commit murder, fluctuates. Imo, there are two questions that his speech will answer. 1) Is he cognizant enough of what typically passes for reality that he understands he needs to sell himself as having a mission for America's future, and a plan to get there ... AND what he's put forth so far isn't getting it done with enough to elect him. In theory, if he just does a victory lap repeating his stuff, it likely isn't enough.
2) Is it possible conventional wisdom doesn't apply in his case, and victory lap will me the ticket?

My best guess on how his mind works is that, whereas you and I think "is this claim true or not" before making a statement, Rump's criterion is more like "will this claim score Numero Uno points or not?". That way, if he goes ahead with it and it turns out having fake convulsions onstage was a bad idea, it becomes something that does NOT score Numero Uno points, and therefore --- "it never happened". Because admitting it happened would not score points.

Something like that.

You'd think with the amount of money he claims to have he could afford a shrink.

Forum List

Back