“The Continuing Deterioration Of K-12 Government Schooling”

So if a parent chooses to send their kid to a private religious school they should be able to limit the schools religious exposure in that student. As I said nobody else has the ability to teach my own kids about Christianity. Especially the southern Evangelical version.

"So if a parent chooses to send their kid to a private religious school they should be able to limit the schools religiousrrmed exposure in that student."
You have get confirmed in a Church to be a member. I got confirmed Methodist when 14.

In some ways I agree. But I also believe if you are going to place more kids in a teachers room you give them more pay.

Boy the high school I went to only graduated one fourth of the students that entered. The three-fourths that didn't graduate quit school and wandered the streets causing mischief.

"American schoolchildren's educational attainment has stagnated in the 21st century, according to data from two recently updated assessments of reading, math, and science skills.

Results from the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), released in November, and from the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), released Tuesday, indicate that American kids have seen minimal improvement in their academic abilities since the early to mid-2000s.

"For all of these ambitious efforts we've seen unfold, they don't seem to be making much difference, ...

...education experiments of the past decade, and in particular of the Obama administration, have had minimal benefits on student achievement and may even have hindered the most disadvantaged students.

Over the past decade or so, NAEP scores among African-American students, particularly boys and particularly in major cities, have actually declined. That means that the much-bemoaned "achievement gap" between black and white students—which much of education policy is focused on closing—may be widening."
American Education's Great Stagnation

Simple question: what is the political perspective of those running the school system???

Boy the high school I went to only graduated one fourth of the students that entered. The three-fourths that didn't graduate quit school and wandered the streets causing mischief.

Your point?
The point is simple: schools should get rid of those students that do not make great scores, and at one time schools did exactly that.

Your point?
The point is simple: schools should get rid of those students that do not make great scores, and at one time schools did exactly that.

Soooo......weren't you chagrined when you were expelled????

Forum List

Back