The Constitution is, in fact a suicide pact

The Civil War only settled the question of unilateral secession, not mutual. If the rest of the states agree that you should leave you can.

At what point will the other states tire of Crazy Uncle California?

The Civil War only settled the question of unilateral secession, not mutual. If the rest of the states agree that you should leave you can.

after they tire of Texas ...

if you want to play the loony toon game. :thup:

but it's always nice to see the rightwngnuts take every opportunity to avoid discussion and go for the potshot. well done.

but it's always nice to see the rightwngnuts take every opportunity to avoid discussion and go for the potshot. well done.

And the award for no sense of humor goes to....... Jillian!

California is more the crazy uncle who you invite over and he does nothing but ramble on about the uses of hemp and checks your sofa for change. Texas is the crazy uncle you dont go visit without calling first because he has barbed wire around his property, and signs warning he will shoot all trespassers.

California is more the crazy uncle who you invite over and he does nothing but ramble on about the uses of hemp and checks your sofa for change. Texas is the crazy uncle you dont go visit without calling first because he has barbed wire around his property, and signs warning he will shoot all trespassers.

I have a great sense of humor when things of funny. And had you said Cali and Texas, I prolly would have laughed. But it looked like a typical righty potshot.

Cheers if I was wrong. :cheers2:

I have a great sense of humor when things of funny. And had you said Cali and Texas, I prolly would have laughed. But it looked like a typical righty potshot.

California has about 1/8 of the total US population and has a GDP larger than most countries. I would be careful what I wish for red staters

Is it not hysterical though that all the deep blue states that embrace progressive BS are all in the toilet...........:funnyface::funnyface::boobies:

I happen to live in one of the shitholes................for now anyway.

:blowup:

Last edited:
else the States would still have the right to leave, instead of being forced off the cliff this nation seems to be jumping from

thank you, Mr Lincoln

That would be the Lincoln interpretation of the Constitution.

The Constitution itself, however, is not now nor was it ever a suicide pact. Indeed, quite the contrary is true.

Texas has the #1 state economy CA is in the bottom 5.

Blather on all you want. But that is a fact.

California has about 1/8 of the total US population and has a GDP larger than most countries. I would be careful what I wish for red staters
So why are they going broke?

The Contitution was a suicide pact. Not for the reason posted (but it comes damn close)

The men that put all of this on paper, new that if things went south and the English came back...

They would be strange fruit hanging from a tree.

So why are they going broke?

They follow the liberal idea on how to run an economy.

Here's a deeper look, using many factors. Color coded for your convienince.

1. Gross State Product Growth
2. Personal Income Growth
3. Personal Income Per Capita Growth
4. Population Growth
5. Net Domestic In-Migration as a Percentage of Population
6. Non-Farm Payroll Employment Growth
7. 2007 Unemployment Rate

1. Utah
Second lowest unemployment rate in the nation
Experienced significant non-farm payroll employment growth

2. Colorado
Just behind its Mountain state neighbor Utah in several key categories
Experienced significant per capita personal income growth

3. Arizona
More than a 100% personal income growth over the decade
Second highest population growth in the country

4. Virginia
Tied for the second lowest unemployment rate in the nation
Significant per capita personal income growth

5. South Dakota
Significant per capita personal income growth rate
Tied for the second lowest unemployment rate in the country

6. Wyoming
Huge growth in the gross state product
Tremendous jump in personal income growth – tied for first in the nation

7. Nevada
Led the country in population growth
Tied Wyoming for first in personal income growth

8. Georgia
Significant population growth
Strong growth in non-farm employment payroll

9. Tennessee
Strong performance in personal income growth
Solid population growth

10. Texas
Significant growth in gross state product
Steady personal income growth

The top Midwestern state was Indiana coming in 17th on the list. Indiana led the Midwest due to its population growth and personal income growth. Massachusetts led the Northeast with its 26th ranking. Massachusetts outpaced its Northeast peers as a result of personal income growth and per capita personal income growth.

Looking at the other end of the list, we find the following worst performers by region:

Southeast:
North Carolina #21
Lower per capita personal income growth
Higher unemployment rate

Mountain:
Montana #30
Lower population growth
Lower gain in per capita personal income growth

Southwest:
New Mexico #25
Lower per capita personal income growth
Lower in-migration population growth.

The bottom ten states all share slumping economic performance and less than desirable business climates. As with the top ten states, elected officials from both political parties lead poorly performing states with seven Democrats and three Republicans serving as governors. The Midwest and Northeast are prominent at the bottom of the rankings. The Southeast, Mountain and Southwest states are not represented on this end of the scale.

41. Hawaii
Negative in-migration population growth rate
Low population growth

42. Pennsylvania
One of the lowest population growth rates in the country
Low personal income growth rate

43. California
Higher unemployment rate

44. Illinois
Low growth rate in gross state product
Minimal non-farm employment payroll growth

45. Ohio
Second lowest growth in gross state product in the nation
Very low per capita personal income growth

46. New Jersey
Lower non-farm employment payroll growth

47. Maine
Low growth in gross state product
Small growth in per capita personal income

48. Rhode Island
Very low population growth
Higher unemployment

49. Vermont
Very low in-migration population growth
Low population growth

50. New York
Worst in-migration population growth rate in the nation
Lower non-farm payroll employment growth rate

The constitution is what we make of it.

That's how it was designed.

FWIW we've made a mess of it.

Is it not hysterical though that all the deep blue states that embrace progressive BS are all in the toilet...........:funnyface::funnyface::boobies:

I happen to live in one of the shitholes................for now anyway.

:blowup:

Texas has the #1 state economy CA is in the bottom 5.

Blather on all you want. But that is a fact.

Maybe that's because all of the blue, liberal states are supporting all of the red states in terms of federal tax dollars?????

Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

TaxProf Blog: Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

Forum List

Back