The Conservative Revolt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 5stringJeff, Oct 28, 2005.

1. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    About a week old, but very interesting.

-----------------
    The Conservative Revolt
    Fred Barnes
    Thu Oct 20,10:56 AM ET

Washington (The Daily Standard) - WHY have so many conservatives suddenly revolted against President Bush, nearly five years into his presidency? I think their split with Bush is ill advised, counterproductive, and in some ways childish. But there's no doubt it's happening and it's serious. And there's more to it than disappointment with his nomination of Harriet Miers for the Supreme Court. So why exactly has this revolt broken out now? I've come up with six reasons, and there may be more.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/weeklystand...SgdIEWs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3YWFzYnA2BHNlYwM3NDI-

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    IT's people who have too many lib friends and want to feel balanced.

3. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Of course RWA it is the liberals fault that the conservatives are doing somthing you don't like. :rolleyes:

4. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Why shouldn't conservatives get upset? Bush seems to want it both ways. He has done a lot of good but he swings to the left too much. Why does he sell himself and the party out? (although many in the party are just as responsible) Is it the result of deals being made under the table? Are we just one big oligarchy? :dunno:

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    The only thing I can see that departs with conservatism is the demosetic spending.........He tried with SS and everyone who was for it before the election poo- pooed it afterwards.

Maybe they need to get over thier own sense of self importance!!!

Again stop whining and grow up and take their thumbs out of their asses, on both sides, we are in a war against terrorism that takes precendent on everything else because if we do get attacked again NOTHING ELSE WILL MATTER!!

Well that's just plain ridiculous and if that is true then we are living in a country of very stupid people who don't deserve a good president!!!!!!!!

Again if people are too stupid to see through the press and refrain from giving them needless annumition, then they deserve Hillary in the Whitehouse!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush most likely thought she was conservative in her ideology and took a chance with her, bum move on his part, but she has stepped down and Bush will likely pick someone mcuh more suitable for the position and the Democrats true to form will put up a huge fight over it most likely not even giving someone like Janice Rodgers Brown, or Patricia Owens an up or down vote...Who will conservatives blame then??????????????????????

We are winning the war in Iraq slowly for some but still winning, our economy is strong, gas prices are coming down, Roberts was confirmed Chief Justice, And if people in Florida who had five days to stock up on water and non perishable food, want to keep blaming George and Jeb for having to sit in water lines that's their problem. This is why the conservative party will never stay strong enough to win consistantly, it's not their ideas that are flawed, it's the idea that they don't stick together like Democrats do. Clinton and his wife had the most scandalous presidency in many years and Democrats stuck by them no matter what they did, neither was ever indicted and should have been!!

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

We have to keep the payola flowing to keep power, so the dems don't do something stupid like abandon the war on terrorism. I don't like it. If we had two parties who believed in defending the west against islamic dominance, we could play them off each other. But since libs are so dense about national security, there's no other reasonable choice at this point.

7. deaddude

deaddude Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77

I thinks thats why we have Bush :laugh:

8. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Hardly!! I keep wondering why those opposed to Bush just keep up with baseless insults, and I have come to the conclusion that's all they have.

9. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Something Republicans, conservatives, libertarians, independents and whoever else can't stomach the current Democrat Party should think about. Right now what we have is a perfect illustration of the old saw that "power corrupts." Being in control of all three branches of the federal government has made conservatives and others who have views similar to the conservative philosophy very arrogant and unwilling to compromise in a place--Washington--where compromise is absolutely essential if you want to get anything done. The attitude is becoming more and more: it's my way or the highway. Fracturing within the "conservative umbrella" will not accomplish a thing, except get the Democrats back is power again, using the ammunition that the "conservative umbrella" group gave them.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I understand the frustration of those that want the GOP to win and win again. Hey, I would like that too. Just not at the cost of losing site of the principles that are the reasons that I chose to go 'conservative.'

Personally I see the difference between the 'Republicans, conservatives, libertarians, independents' being that the former are not the 'sheep' that Bully so likes to call them. Yes, there is a 'religious right' and for many of them it's all about 'family values' and the end of abortion. For a small number of them, they would be happy with curtailments on individual liberties.

Then there are many on the 'Right' who also are for 'family values', against abortion, but do draw a line at making laws that change either the federal system or our constitutional rights-even with the excess some take them.

Then there are some who are just fiscal conservatives, but social liberals-truly probably the smallest of the 'groups' within the 'umbrella.' They have mostly left the GOP.

The DNC also has their 'groups', but for the most part, their goal is ultimately to vote 'D' and take power.