The Complicated State Of Black America

poet

Rookie
Jun 2, 2011
Texas
National Urban League's State Of Black America 2013 Report Illustrates Mix Of Achievement And Disparity

Education:
The high school completion gap has closed by 57 percentage points.

There are more than triple the number of Blacks enrolled in college.

For every college graduate in 1963, there are now five.

Standard of Living:

The percentage of Blacks living in poverty has declined by 23 points.

The percentage of Black children living in poverty has fallen by 22 points.

The percentage of Blacks who own their home has increased by 14 points.

However, these steps forward stand in stark contrast to the ongoing lack of progress in closing the racial gap in major areas including:

In the past 50 years, the Black-White income gap has only closed by 7 points (now at 60%).
The unemployment rate gap has only closed by 6 points (now at 52%).

As in 1963, the Black/white unemployment ratio is still about 2-to-1--regardless of education, gender, region of the country, or income level.

Discuss.

An increase in welfare and food stamps will result in lower poverty rates, and preferential treatment will result in an increase in home ownership. The gap in income and unemployment reflect an unwillingness to take advantage of the opportunities offered to you. Looks like a motivation problem to me.

The elistment rates should drop by a high margin also,why fight for a country who wont even give you a job when you get back and keeps starting these damn wars.If whitey wants to fight let him.Then again if we let him we will probably lose the war now thats a beotch.You are damned if you fight with him and damned if you dont.Blacks cant win.

• Banned
An increase in welfare and food stamps will result in lower poverty rates, and preferential treatment will result in an increase in home ownership. The gap in income and unemployment reflect an unwillingness to take advantage of the opportunities offered to you. Looks like a motivation problem to me.

Always the pessimist.

• Banned
The elistment rates should drop by a high margin also,why fight for a country who wont even give you a job when you get back and keeps starting these damn wars.If whitey wants to fight let him.Then again if we let him we will probably lose the war now thats a beotch.You are damned if you fight with him and damned if you dont.Blacks cant win.

They actually can't. Not until whites get off of their racism.

National Urban League's State Of Black America 2013 Report Illustrates Mix Of Achievement And Disparity

Education:

Standard of Living:

However, these steps forward stand in stark contrast to the ongoing lack of progress in closing the racial gap in major areas including:

In the past 50 years, the Black-White income gap has only closed by 7 points (now at 60%).

As in 1963, the Black/white unemployment ratio is still about 2-to-1--regardless of education, gender, region of the country, or income level.

Discuss.

This looks like a list of cherry picked information, w/o enough stats to give any weight to any of it.

It needs to make comparisons based on population, and population percentages.

ex

The high school completion gap has closed by 57 percentage points. closed what? the range between black and white or the number of blacks that did or didn't?

There are more than triple the number of Blacks enrolled in college. is that b/c of population increases?

For every college graduate in 1963, there are now five. same

I need more information to be impressed or not.

Still tying your success or failure to Whitey, I see. Tell me something, is there some point where we can expect you to take control of your own lives and stop blaming others for your lack of motivation?

• Banned

Still tying your success or failure to Whitey, I see. Tell me something, is there some point where we can expect you to take control of your own lives and stop blaming others for your lack of motivation?

Darling, you're being way too personal. I have control of my life, now, and I don't blame any whites for my success or my motivation.

I believe there are fundamental cultural differences between the two populations. Enough so that the black population will never be at parity with respect to education, employment, or earnings.

sCREW "WHITEY"that mfr never helped nor did he deter me from success.
Mainly cause I look so much like him thats why.

Education:

Standard of Living:

Discuss.

What is the comparison of two parent black families over that same time period? And whats with all the crime? http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/288479-the-truth-about-race-and-crime.html

These people seem motivated.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLTTX35LNJo]Chapter - It's Free Swipe Yo EBT (Explicit) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Always the pessimist.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if I scroll down and not see someone use a "plantation" reference. I have already seen an agitated one with the "shiftless and lazy' connotation. my take on it, is that "Black" people are not a monolithic group.Though we may share similar experiences and customs, we are still individuals. The overwhelming majority of Black people are living the American dream. There are people of all ethnic groups here who have problems, some more than others but that doesn't make it a "fill in the ethnicity" problem.

The foundation begins in the home.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLTTX35LNJo]Chapter - It's Free Swipe Yo EBT (Explicit) - YouTube[/ame]

Why didn't you put up a video of your beloved "black conservatives"? I think it's because you have a problem with Black people in general. It would be like me putting up a video of sme KKK assholes and trying to make that represent the majority of white people. :lol:

Why didn't you put up a video of your beloved "black conservatives"? I think it's because you have a problem with Black people in general. It would be like me putting up a video of sme KKK assholes and trying to make that represent the majority of white people. :lol:
Bad analogy. The KKK represents maybe .00003% of the white population, if that. Black welfare recipients, however, make up close to 40% of the black population.

Bad analogy. The KKK represents maybe .00003% of the white population, if that. Black welfare recipients, however, make up close to 40% of the black population.

Liar. There is no "welfare". Where are the stats to support that ridiculous claim? When you have disgruntled "whites' spreading misinformation, as if it were "factual", therein lies the disconnect between communities.

Always the pessimist.

As well as broken/inaccurate record. I'm still waiting for your "thread heckler" to prove me wrong from a previous thread in which I stated that white females have been the most rewarded group in this country by Affirmative Acion.

About 39% of welfare recipients are black, about 38% are white. But whites make up about 70% of the population and blacks are only about 14%. You can do the math, but blacks, by far, are the bulk of the welfare costs in this country, both in numbers and percentages. There's no escaping that fact.

About 39% of welfare recipients are black, about 38% are white. But whites make up about 70% of the population and blacks are only about 14%. You can do the math, but blacks, by far, are the bulk of the welfare costs in this country, both in numbers and percentages. There's no escaping that fact.

You'll excuse me if I don't take your word for it. Where are the links to the stats?

I suspect that what's going on is that the affirmative action of the last 4 decades has created a somewhat larger BLACK middle class, even while at the same time the marco-economy continued to exascerbate the different outcomes between the classes.

So while some small percentage of Blacks are doing better than in the past, most Blacks are still left in the dust economically.

Forum List

Back